Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@mrelowe I Just picked up a PGX "8.5" ASM 129, "9.8" Marvel Tales 106, as well as New Mutants 87 & 98 (raw) from the LCS in town that restocked the wall w/ PGX books b/c he couldn't handle the CBCS/CGC TAT's. The asking price was equivalent to CBCS/CGC price, but I offered $800 under and he took it.

I’m sensing a theme!

[True Believers Reprint Coming Soon!]

Most Impressive. I am having trouble understanding your theme. Is it signed copies?? LOL You seem to have a few to spare.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
I win

And I am jealous. Great job. That is an awesome book.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
Quote:
I win

Always wondered if people that own these more grail type books minus the cover or with remaindered covers ever consider keeping them unslabbed and displayed with a high fidelity copy of the orginal cover wrapped around the book for appearance ......for me it would be tempting although that would void in this case the certified signature
Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 30 IP   flag post

Post 31 IP   flag post

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user

My lowest grade slab. Still happy to have it.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Not all low grade comics are the same. This is the nicest low grade comic I own.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Quote:
I win

Always wondered if people that own these more grail type books minus the cover or with remaindered covers ever consider keeping them unslabbed and displayed with a high fidelity copy of the orginal cover wrapped around the book for appearance ......for me it would be tempting although that would void in this case the certified signature

I do have a high res copy of the cover, but I haven't got around to putting them together yet.
Voiding the certification doesn't bother me

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user

One of my low grade grails. Coverless copy of Jackpot Comics #4, but that splash page is pretty awesome.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user

lowest grade I own. Would love to upgrade but can’t afford it lol
Post 37 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11

Brilliant!!!
Post 38 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I win

I do have a high res copy of the cover, but I haven't got around to putting them together yet.

How would you do that? would you remove the staples from the book and re-staple it with the cover? use the same staples? new staples? just wrap the book with a loose cover? Glue?
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
For myself I would.leave it lose rather than damage or harm the Staples. Alot of people shopping the book would just love to have the cover and if sold leave them the option how to handle it rather than committing it for them ..if the book is never going to be sold then present how you most would like your comic. If that were the case for me.i would study and see how hard it.might be to bene the Staples..add it in and rebend. Silver age Staples shouldn't be tough to find a replacement for if broken
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I win

How would you do that? would you remove the staples from the book and re-staple it with the cover? use the same staples? new staples? just wrap the book with a loose cover? Glue?

I'm just placing the book inside the cover before they go into a Mylite2/Fullback combo. The label will be placed and visible on the backside.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I win

I'm just placing the book inside the cover before they go into a Mylite2/Fullback combo. The label will be placed and visible on the backside.

Awesome!! The cover looks perfect!!
did you print that yourself or buy it? I've seen listings on Ebay with hi-res covers..always wondered about the quality.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11

I'd love to have a NG copy of that but probably couldn't afford it either. LOL. That is a wonderful cornerstone of a collection.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Did not know about the Marvel Tales #209. Will be adding that to my list of goodies to find.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS Bedrock City has a low grade copy of Avengers 1 if you're looking for a legit cover. (https://www.bedrockcity.com/). I looked at it today; its presentable. They also have a CGC AF #15, but he wants a little more than I've got on me at the moment ($16k).
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Got this from @Watcher awhile back. Probably 1.8, maybe 2.0. Probably still gonna slab it.

Post 46 IP   flag post
@GAC It's an eBay purchase, 2nd attempt. The first had a photocopy shadow on the interior that made it look homemade. This one from another seller looks VERY nice.
If there were an easy way to get this to someone who knows what they're doing, I'd consider marrying the two together, and by "easy" I mean handing it to them and waiting LOL

So that's out.
Post 47 IP   flag post
598093 47 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?