Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeComics Restoration and ConservationGrading Help NeededQuestions

Has this comic, colour touch?7704

Collector BatCatMan private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

What grade do you give to this comic?
And another question; Does anyone believe that what I indicate in the photos is color touch?

Thanks

Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Not color touch.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like production to me
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ok, Thanks for the response but, in what grade do you think is the comic?
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
7.5-8.0 I see a lot of spine ticks and rounded corners from the photos provided.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yes, I think that it's probably a 7.5 for the high amount of spine ticks that it has.
If there were less spine ticks it would be an 8.0 or 8.5 I think, or even more.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Colour overlays during printing; a common occurrence and has no impact on grades.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
Colour overlays during printing; a common occurrence and has no impact on grades.

@RRO ok, thanks for your answer
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZXMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO

@RRO ok, thanks for your answer

You are most welcome. If you look closely, at an angle with backlight, you will see how two colours have overlapped to give this effect. To better determine if any book has been touched-up, buy a cheapo UV light and employ it; generally a good idea when buying raw --or PGX --and/or costly books.
Post 9 IP   flag post
yes buy a UV flashlight
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO

Depending on the severity, If Im grading the book it most certainly has an impact on the grade, Especially 9.8 or higher. Flaws are flaws and I tend not to give them a free pass, weather they're Production or not.
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Third party graders would not reduce the grade due to colour overlay.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO

Depending on the severity, If Im grading the book it most certainly has an impact on the grade, Especially 9.8 or higher. Flaws are flaws and I tend not to give them a free pass, weather they're Production or not.

Colour overlays are a product of the actual printing, they are an intregal part of same; they are not a printing flaw. If this were the case then the print run of all Superior Comics titles would suffer a downgrade, which they do not.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Ok, I will buy a UV flashlight.
I think it's worth to have one, to detect color touch and more things that can't be seen easily.
Post 14 IP   flag post
596796 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?