Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
#imcnok
Wow! That is awesome!
I do agree with you. I would say CBCS grades harder than any of the others, but really that's what you want. If you just wanted a high grade you would have sent it to PGX. You didn't want that, you wanted an honest grade.
Even at a 6.5 I would be happy.
If my X-Men #1 comes back above a 2.5, I'm gonna be ecstatic.
Awesome TAT BTW.
Post 151 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
you dont want tough grading...you want consistent and strict adhearance to the grade table.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector imcnok private msg quote post Address this user
here is a scan of another 6.5 hulk to compare...seems mine might look nicer no?

Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABitEvil
Order for 2 moderns with fast pass and fast press given a 12 week TAT. Shipped today, thats 12 weeks plus one day, good work guys.

That is awesome to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
Ok, So I asked this in the CBCS Pressing thread, but I haven't got an answer. Does anyone know if pressing is behind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
@SteveRicketts Quick Question about timelines and turn around times. I thought that I remember someone from CBCS stating that the backlog was in the encapsulation process. In the TAT thread, someone recently posted that pressing is behind by 3 months?

My submission date of 6/11 has been in pressing the entire time. When should I expect to see it begin to process through the next stages?

BTW, I am not complaining about the TAT. There is a reason that you guys have my books and not the other guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motar00
It's official! Orlando Megacon-> 2 standard witnessed signed books submitted on 5/26 and received by CBCS on 5/31. No Fast Pass or Pressing. Shipped today with FedEx number verified and my grades are showing on my Dashboard!

For everyone still waiting, there is a light at the end of the tunnel... patience, that's all I can advise, your orders are working.

Seems that the answer is that they are not 3 months behind. I think I just did not pay enough (Fast Press) to get mine moving. On the TAT calculator it is saying that standard is 4-6 weeks behind but all others are on time. Since my June 11 submission was quoted a 24 week TAT and that would mean 28-30 weeks now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Submitted: June 4
Received: June 20
Labels: Oct 1

So January is my new expectation with movement in pressing/grading/labels/etc to begin a few weeks before. @SteveRicketts if I am incorrect in my reasoning, feel free to let me know.

This is not my last submission to CBCS. I have a few more that will be coming soon (waiting on bonuses and expendable cash). Even with the cluster that is slowly clearing, this is still the best product and so happy to be a part of their success. Customer for life, just confused.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcnok
here is a scan of another 6.5 hulk to compare...seems mine might look nicer no?

No your book is not nicer, your book is restored, color touched - trimmed etc. Your comparing carrots to apples.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector imcnok private msg quote post Address this user
so a restored 6.5 shouldnt look like an unrestored 6.5 ?
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcnok
so a restored 6.5 shouldnt look like an unrestored 6.5 ?

The quality of restoration is factored into the grade. Your book is amateur restoration, I can see they filled in the marvel chipping on the right edge, unfortunately the color touch is significantly off and detracts from the overall appearance.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Okay!!! Now the waiting game officially begins!!

This is the start of week 24 of an estimated 24 week processing time as originally stated in June.
So far no status updates have been made to my invoice, really, really, really hope that is just an oversight or technical glitch and that my books have at least been sent for pressing if not actually pressed.

6 weeks till Christmas and 12 weeks till my birthday if we start counting at the end of this week.
Going to be interesting to see just when they show up in the mail.
Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I am sitting on week 8 of a 3 book order, Modern VSP Fastpass (7 week turnaround) last update I got was that they were delayed out to 10 weeks, so I am looking at near the end of November.
Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector stevguitar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Okay!!! Now the waiting game officially begins!!

This is the start of week 24 of an estimated 24 week processing time as originally stated in June.
So far no status updates have been made to my invoice, really, really, really hope that is just an oversight or technical glitch and that my books have at least been sent for pressing if not actually pressed.

6 weeks till Christmas and 12 weeks till my birthday if we start counting at the end of this week.
Going to be interesting to see just when they show up in the mail.

We're in this together!!! hoping for some movement this week, I keep thinking that I'll have it in my mail any day now and that status updates are just not working.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
The order I submitted at the Orlando Mega COn which was received on 5/31/18 has today moved to grading (2 comics having signatures authentication done).
No Idea how long it might take from grading to shipping, anyone know around how much time it usually takes? and when can you view the grades once it has shipped like with CGC?
Post 161 IP   flag post
Collector 303spidey95 private msg quote post Address this user
@Ladic I was told by CBCS that when it moves to grading you got around 3 weeks.
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector Drahcir private msg quote post Address this user
Sent out 8 books from a convention, 6 Modern FP and 2 Expanded FP.
Shipped out Nov. 5 and in their system as received a few days later.

Order form estimated TAT at 6 weeks - seemed fast knowing the state of things, thought I'd keep track of it here.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Pre-Screen Modern order was received by CBCS the week of June 4th and the FedEx tracking number I just got says I will receive them Thursday (11/15) so approximately 24 weeks door to door.
Post 164 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted April 27th at East Coast Comiccon. I fast passed the pressing, but not the grading as I knew pressing was the bottleneck.

I hit labels October 2nd and have been sitting there since. I have my fingers crossed that I will have them back by the begging of December.
Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector Venomade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
I submitted April 27th at East Coast Comiccon. I fast passed the pressing, but not the grading as I knew pressing was the bottleneck.

I hit labels October 2nd and have been sitting there since. I have my fingers crossed that I will have them back by the begging of December.

Damn that doesn’t bode well for mine which I also dropped off at ECCC, mine was press with no fast pass. I’ve seen no progress on it since it was received.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Collector DeVinci13 private msg quote post Address this user
My comics were received by CBCS on June 25th. I am still waiting. 12 weeks has turned into 20 weeks. Anyone have similar problems?
Post 167 IP   flag post
Collector utilitymoose private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone who submitted during amazing las vegas comicon have any luck yet? They billed me about 2 months ago but haven't seen any updates since
Post 168 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
called....got through...spoke to someone....all is awesome!!!!
Post 169 IP   flag post
@Ladic and my books are getting ready to be shipped Took a week.
Post 170 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomade
Quote:

Damn that doesn’t bode well for mine which I also dropped off at ECCC, mine was press with no fast pass. I’ve seen no progress on it since it was received.

Just got the email stating my books are ready to ship.
Post 171 IP   flag post
Collector Jamiemadrox private msg quote post Address this user
I very, VERY rarely complain about TATs and I completely understand the move and things being backlogged. I have, however, become fairly frustrated in seeing quite a few submissions that were taken at the same convention as mine (Orlando MegaCon) that have had their status updated.

I’m not angry or anything like that. Just feeling a bit left out and forgotten!
Post 172 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm on week 15 of a supposed 13 week processing of 2 separate orders of 10 books and 94 books. Both received August 3rd. 11 signatures to be verified.

By Christmas?

Probably not.....
Post 173 IP   flag post
@Jamiemadrox how many books do you? I had 5 in my first order. I had two VSP's which took some more time.

Order submitted May 23rd. Getting ready for shipping now.
Post 174 IP   flag post
Collector Jamiemadrox private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303spidey95
@Jamiemadrox how many books do you? I had 5 in my first order. I had two VSP's which took some more time.

Order submitted May 23rd. Getting ready for shipping now.

I had 3. 3 submitted through ASP for Jim Lee.
Post 175 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiemadrox
I very, VERY rarely complain about TATs and I completely understand the move and things being backlogged. I have, however, become fairly frustrated in seeing quite a few submissions that were taken at the same convention as mine (Orlando MegaCon) that have had their status updated.

I’m not angry or anything like that. Just feeling a bit left out and forgotten!

You should be angry. Like me, you left your book at MegaCon half a year ago and did your end of the bargain: you paid for the service. It's an unacceptably long time to be in "processing" purgatory while others are getting their status updated.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector CaptJagged private msg quote post Address this user
My MIA book (a Lee/Kirby signed X-Men 13) is still MIA, but I at least got hold of someone today on the phone to try to get it found. She was very transparent and it was overall a good support experience even if the situation and the answer she had to deliver were awful.

The more widely useful impression I got would be: anyone waiting on VSP should buckle up and be ready for things to get worse before they get better, I’d say. Especially since Stan Lee signed books will probably be flooding into the VSP program now.

(Also, if anyone running things at CBCS ever cares or bothers reading this: Kendra who answered the phone today is worth more money. She deftly defused what could’ve been a very adversarial situation. 👍🏻)
Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomade
Quote:

June 11th two pressing and five others to grade. No fast pass and have not moved beyond pressing since. I asked in the pressing thread and this one about the status of pressing. Someone posted the bottleneck was in pressing others that the bottleneck was in encapsulation. 24 weeks was the quoted tat and just trying to see what a realistic number is.

Not complaining just trying to get some insight.
Post 178 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I have just given up on expecting any movement on my orders. I hope one day they will return to my house. I am completely deflated and actually lost any desire to send in any books to anyone.
It's funny I steadily have sent in orders over last three years, amounting to well over 1000 slabs. Anyhow for some reason I have lost interest in sending more in. Not sure if it's because of the long TATs, but something got me out of the grading mode. I am hoping I get my fire back and send in more books, as I have a a lot more. Maybe after the first of the year.
Post 179 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01

TATS, grading and related functions, kinda takes some of the fun out of comic books for some folks. Remember the things about comic books that make it worth your while and go with it.....

Just my opinion
Post 180 IP   flag post
600892 999 30