Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector motar00 private msg quote post Address this user
It's official! Orlando Megacon-> 2 standard witnessed signed books submitted on 5/26 and received by CBCS on 5/31. No Fast Pass or Pressing. Shipped today with FedEx number verified and my grades are showing on my Dashboard!

For everyone still waiting, there is a light at the end of the tunnel... patience, that's all I can advise, your orders are working.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector nrad private msg quote post Address this user
@motar00 based on all the threads, most people who submitted in May (like me) are still waiting, i wish mine would be shipped in the next couple weeks but I'm not hopeful.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
I had two orders submitted at Raleigh SuperCon, one order of 10 books and another order of 94 books. Yep, no typo, 94 books. I don't expect to see them anytime soon. They were listed as a 13 week turn around, but it is what it is. I would like to ha e them back by Christmas. Fingers crossed.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector canadianryan private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone,

Books were submitted March 16 at a con (April 5 received in system).

Shipped out last Monday and home on Friday, November 2nd.

Hope that gives people an idea of turnaround times.
Post 104 IP   flag post
@canadianryan now that's depressing
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Guy private msg quote post Address this user
I've asked this question before, but it has yet to be answered and I'm genuinely curious. Maybe @TimBildhauser can shed some light. How are orders processed/graded/labeled/shipped? In this forum, we've read about books received by CBCS at vastly different times being shipped back to their owners. While others, that were received at the same time, are still in various stages of being processed.

Is there any reasoning behind when one order is moving along, while another order just sits?
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@Guy When I worked at the Florida office I know that invoices were processed in the order they were received. I haven't been to the Dallas office so I'm unsure as to whether there have been any changes made to that system.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector bucci117 private msg quote post Address this user
still nothing from Orlando Con, submitted May 27, received June 4th
Post 108 IP   flag post
@nrad Quote:
Originally Posted by nrad
@WalkinWillie I'm also waiting on 4 VSP books received on 6/4...in Labels/Grading

I just got a Shipping email saying they are ready to ship and I will get another email when they are Shipped, I don't see any grades online yet but i'm guessing that doesn't happen until they actually Ship?
Post 109 IP   flag post
Congrats @nrad on your future bundle of joy! I'm sure you have been eagerly awaiting the new addition to your family.
Has it been 9 months or is this a preemei?

On a side note:
Has anyone else noticed the phone lines are disconnected?
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector 303spidey95 private msg quote post Address this user
@nrad you should see it in a bit. Takes a minute to it on your account. Personally I like to be surprised when I open it up!

@Mountie73 ya they said that on the cbcs collectors club on facebook I saw.
Post 111 IP   flag post
@303spidey95 thanks, you have more self control than me, I've had maybe 10 submission total for grading and always checked online like a fiend, have never allowed myself to be surprised, although I do have 3 submissions with CGC via a facilitator so those will be a surprise since I can't see the grades online etc.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector imcnok private msg quote post Address this user
looks like my comic book got a tracking number and is on the way back to me.

its a HULK #2 and it got a restored 6.5 grade.

anyone know the current value>? i cant seem to find a similar graded copy online.
Post 113 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Gocollect data: Hulk 2

Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrad
@nrad I don't see any grades online yet but i'm guessing that doesn't happen until they actually Ship?

That is what they do. Your dashboard should update but they are still having technical issues with IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie73
Congrats @nrad on your future bundle of joy! I'm sure you have been eagerly awaiting the new addition to your family.
Has it been 9 months or is this a preemei?

On a side note:
Has anyone else noticed the phone lines are disconnected?

The phone lines were knocked out by a storm. They have a thread that discusses that, but I had hoped that would be corrected by now. This happened yesterday.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
The phone lines were knocked out by a storm. They have a thread that discusses that, but I had hoped that would be corrected by now.

#Soon
Post 116 IP   flag post
Collector CaptJagged private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted two books at the end of June for Quickstream with VSP. Got one back, but my X-Men 13 with Kirby and Lee sigs has been MIA. I emailed support, and four weeks ago they replied:

“We looked at this order and see that it is very far behind when out Quickstream tier is on time in all other instances. We've escalated this up to be found in our safe to get it completed as soon as possible and shipped back to you. We do apologize for this error.”

That was Oct 11, and it’s been radio silence ever since. Can’t help but feel like my book has been lost, with this response, anyone else have this sort of experience?
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector Guy private msg quote post Address this user
After 7 months, I feel like my books are lost too.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately this looks like it will be my first and last time submitting with CBCS. I submitted in May at Orlando mega Con two comics for grading and signature authentication (no pressing), they havent moved from processing since May 31st.
Since Then I have also submitted at total of 13 comics to CGC at the same Orlando Con and later conventions. Next week I should be received my last two comics back from CGC. (And I even sent for pressing at CGC)
I have yet no even start the grading process at CBCS.
Very dissapointed.
Post 119 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
For what it's worth, the progression of the books is not always emailed to you. I had two books to be pressed then graded. I just received the emails saying both books will be going into grading now. No other comments were given prior. In addition, the invoice still says I owe money. And no progression has been noted.

My point is, even though things may appear to be at a standstill, they probably are moving along.

My only "wish" is that they gave prior grade before pressing to see what improvement was made. Granted that is unrealistic.
Post 120 IP   flag post
Collector Soulz private msg quote post Address this user
I have been waiting for my order since May was emailed that it would be done before the end of October still no luck
Post 121 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
I'm on week 21 of a 24 week submission. I had two that were getting pressed and five others that haven't moved according to the dashboard or invoice. I do think that there is a hope that they will be back prior to Christmas. Some May submissions are starting to ship out, so it may not be long for @Soulz .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
My point is, even though things may appear to be at a standstill, they probably are moving along.

My outlook is the same.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJagged
Submitted two books at the end of June for Quickstream with VSP. Got one back, but my X-Men 13 with Kirby and Lee sigs has been MIA. I emailed support, and four weeks ago they replied:

“We looked at this order and see that it is very far behind when out Quickstream tier is on time in all other instances. We've escalated this up to be found in our safe to get it completed as soon as possible and shipped back to you. We do apologize for this error.”

That's what they replied to you with? Is that even English?
Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector CaptJagged private msg quote post Address this user
*deleted, realized what I wrote was pointless.*
Post 124 IP   flag post
Collector Italcia private msg quote post Address this user
So if I submitted at the end of July I should just never expect my book back lol.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
My art slabs are finally completed from a received date of 8/15-11/7...3 weeks 3 months who's counting.
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Soulz private msg quote post Address this user
My real problem is don’t tell customers hay we know we are behind tell them end of one month then tell them the next in email and not do as promised
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector IcantfindwhatIwant private msg quote post Address this user
@Soulz

Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcnok
looks like my comic book got a tracking number and is on the way back to me.

its a HULK #2 and it got a restored 6.5 grade.

anyone know the current value>? i cant seem to find a similar graded copy online.

Page torn out of the GPA

Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
For what it's worth, the progression of the books is not always emailed to you. I had two books to be pressed then graded. I just received the emails saying both books will be going into grading now. No other comments were given prior. In addition, the invoice still says I owe money.

#Bronte, I had this happen. When they say you owe more money, don't get mad, get happy. I had submitted a Giant Size X-Men #1 and valued it at under $2000 for grading purposes. Invoice says I owe $50 bucks. I called, a little pissed off, and the guy says it pre graded at 9.4! I was no longer angry and it turns out it came back 9.6! If they say you owe more...it can be a very good thing.
Post 130 IP   flag post
597868 999 30