Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
After two weeks, I am getting anxious:

Post 826 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t know how CBCS is saying 8-week TATs on new submissions when my last order has been in grading (Invoice does now say Labels) for 4 weeks (received first grading notification on 2/28).
Post 827 IP   flag post
Collector Raven7of9 private msg quote post Address this user
13 days in labels. My birthday is this Friday but doesn't look like I will get any books by then. Order received October 30th.
Post 828 IP   flag post
Collector Karlhungus private msg quote post Address this user
15 days in labels for me. My 1st order from June was in and out of labels in a week I think. They must have a huge logjam there.
Post 829 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
For the record my whole last order never updated on my dashboard, went from processing for 14 weeks to shipped.... you guys books probably farther along than your dashboard shows
Post 830 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
For the record my whole last order never updated on my dashboard, went from processing for 14 weeks to shipped.... you guys books probably farther along than your dashboard shows

Yeah that happened to me too. Had an order almost a year ago say quality control forever then I got the fedex email saying the order was on its way. The dashboard never updated until about two weeks ago. I got a “shipped” email and I thought it was this current order. Nope. The dashboard had finally updated months after I had the books in hand.
Post 831 IP   flag post
Also...... it turns out I’m not grown up enough to wait on comics, lol. Just fast pass your books everyone if you childish like me, 👶 🍼
Post 832 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad - I mailed in a small order today (only 5 books), but I used fast pass on all of them to see how quickly they move.
Post 833 IP   flag post
I did my first fast pass last order and it is already entered and processed in a quarter of the time as my others. The old adage stands on this one as far as I’m concerned, “time is money”. I mean I’m not selling them but that’s what a customer pays extra for you know?
Post 834 IP   flag post
Well, my books moved to billing from labels and I have a balance due for some reason. I had my books screened for pressing, which they needed, and have already paid the pressing fee. I guess I'll try calling after work. Hopefully I'll have them in hand by the end of next week.
Post 835 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
That could be a great sign @Karlhungus. Could mean your books graded much better than you think and therefor, it/they got bumped up to another pricing tier due to their value. It wouldn't be the first time that has happened.
Post 836 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I don’t know how CBCS is saying 8-week TATs on new submissions when my last order has been in grading (Invoice does now say Labels) for 4 weeks (received first grading notification on 2/28).
The same way that you can be a millionaire and never pay taxes.
Post 837 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by billkruser5
That could be a great sign @Karlhungus. Could mean your books graded much better than you think and therefor, it/they got bumped up to another pricing tier due to their value. It wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

Ha I wish! I didn't send in anything too valuable for this order. My first order had Amazing Spiderman 101 graded at 7.5 and thought that might get bumped up, since it's so hot now because of the movie, but I wasn't charged anything extra.
Post 838 IP   flag post
My October 30 order moved to shipping! I may get them on my birthday! At worse a couple of days after it. Very excited!
Post 839 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
Oct 23rd, still in labels for me. Oh well. #soon. I'm sure I'll get the shipping email soon.
Post 840 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven7of9
My October 30 order moved to shipping! I may get them on my birthday! At worse a couple of days after it. Very excited!

I'm October 2...

Post 841 IP   flag post
Quote:

SHIPPING!
Post 842 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
3 weeks since drop off at SC con. I’m still processing. If turn around is 8weeks now I should be in grading soon right??? 🤔🤔🤔🤔
Post 843 IP   flag post
FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
I want to help clear some confusion. I know I explained a few pages back in this thread that just because an order was received the same day as a different order that they wouldn't move at the same time due to the volume of books being worked on. Not every order received from a convention would be worked on in one day. If we bring in 5000 Modern books from a show, the orders would be graded over the course of days, or even a couple of weeks. And that would be just for one show.

In relation to that, there seems to be a common misconception that books "should move into [insert department here] by now". That isn't how the queue of books is processed due to that same volume of books. Right now, the Modern tier is at 8 weeks turnaround, but that does not mean in any way that orders go straight from being received to grading. It could be a couple of weeks, or it could be 6 weeks depending on the flow of other tiers, but maintaining the 8-week turnaround is important to us.
Post 844 IP   flag post
Thanks for clearing that up 👍
Post 845 IP   flag post
Weird. I just got an email that my order is in grading. I got the same email for the same order on March 6. The invoice still says labels. Not sure if that's just an error in the system and the email got sent twice, or my books are being sent back to grading from labels. Anyone else had this happen?
Post 846 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by farseer
Quote:
Quote:
Woohoo! My order that showed received Sept 7th, modern, pressed with no fast pass just entered grading.

My books are now in labels!

My dashboard now says billing (the pressing wasn't charged at the time I submitted my order) but the invoice still says labels, after 15 days.

Hoping it will move to shipping soon...

Just got the email to say my books are ready to be shipped!
Post 847 IP   flag post
So I called and the charge in question was not updated from the press. Now my books have moved to shipping! The person I talked to was very polite and helpful as always.
Post 848 IP   flag post
Collector lpgasdude private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpgasdude
Oct 23rd, still in labels for me. Oh well. #soon. I'm sure I'll get the shipping email soon.

This morning it shows shipping.
Post 849 IP   flag post
October 2 order went to shipping yesterday afternoon. Still there.
Post 850 IP   flag post
My order is with FedEx! Will be delivered Saturday. Very happy with the service as always?
Post 851 IP   flag post
Collector chirock private msg quote post Address this user
Handed over last Saturday at C2E2 and now in "submitting" [6 days]. That's significantly quicker than when I submitted at Wizard World Chicago 2018. Keep up the good work.
Post 852 IP   flag post
Week later still processing but it’s ok I have 62 submissions in one order so 🤗. Take your time on those grades I want to see at least one gem mint!! 🤗🤗🤗
Post 853 IP   flag post
Collector Mrlynn06 private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted Three comics for grading and witnessed auto's last weekend at Lexington comic Con. When will they show up on my dashboard?
Post 854 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

SHIPPING!

They were just shipped 15 minutes ago!
Post 855 IP   flag post
601455 999 30