Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
Just because your order isn't one of the ones processed doesn't mean they aren't making progress.

My TAT was 20 weeks, well over the 12 estimated.

Unless these are orders for customers that they needed right away, then just sit and wait until CBCS sorts themselves out. If its just your books, either sit and wait or pay for fast tracking.

They seem to be getting there, albeit slowly.

On a side note, anyone whining about books being gone for a period of time can feel better knowing I have a book that just crested 20 MONTHS, and not with CBCS either.
Post 751 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
My order from January 17 is finished and set to be delivered on Thursday. I did not have any pressed and had all Fast Passed. TAT's are improving!
Post 752 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
My order from January 17 is finished and set to be delivered on Thursday. I did not have any pressed and had all Fast Passed. TAT's are improving!

Awesome news!!
Post 753 IP   flag post
Collector GetEmLuke private msg quote post Address this user
My November 20th order with Signature verification and fast pass hasnt moved at all. Should I call them and see what the hold up is?
Post 754 IP   flag post
Collector TechnoDjinn private msg quote post Address this user
Who can I contact in order to get my commercial invoice? My order is stuck at customs as according to FedEx my parcel requires a commercial invoice. I emailed customer service three times and requested the commercial invoice. The first time they insisted that it must be with the parcel but if not they would send it and I then replied to them to please send it but no reply twice. I'm frustrated as the parcel showed ready for clearance and now it's stuck at customs due to a missing document.
Post 755 IP   flag post

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
A mixed order - 30 books - of Modern, Expanded and Consumer Fast pass. All Authentic (witnessed)signatures. Received Dec 21, 2018. Shipped March 4, 2019. 10 weeks. Pretty much exactly 1/2 of TAT without Fast Pass. I wouldn't call this "fast" but it is consistent with stated TAT.

Quickstream 5 books. Received Feb 12. Shipped March 5. Three weeks TAT. About 1 week longer than stated TAT. But I do consider this "fast" service and it is the same TAT as CGC's "Standard" tier. For less $$
Post 756 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
October 14th submission in Grading with VSP on 3
Post 757 IP   flag post
Collector Misterj1o private msg quote post Address this user
What's the normal turn around time if I sent something in on January 14th?
Post 758 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
My Baltimore books made it to grading today. 22 weeks or so. Happy to see movement
Post 759 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Soooo.... what everyone is telling me is not to bother inquiring about my order 13 weeks in processing?
Post 760 IP   flag post

Post 761 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterj1o
I would say to expect it within a month or two
Post 762 IP   flag post
Collector Misterj1o private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterj1o
I would say to expect it within a month or two

OK. Thanks.
Post 763 IP   flag post
Collector FrankW private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Soooo.... what everyone is telling me is not to bother inquiring about my order 13 weeks in processing?

You can still inquire by calling Customer Service. They should be
able to give you some kind of status.
Post 764 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Woohoo! My order that showed received Sept 7th, modern, pressed with no fast pass just entered grading.
Post 765 IP   flag post
Collector Karlhungus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by farseer
Woohoo! My order that showed received Sept 7th, modern, pressed with no fast pass just entered grading.

And yet my Sept. 3rd order of modern, pressed with no fast pass is still received. Makes perfect sense....
Post 766 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlhungus
Quote:

And yet my Sept. 3rd order of modern, pressed with no fast pass is still received. Makes perfect sense....

I would think ours would be in the same batch. Hopefully yours change to grading soon too.
Post 767 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlhungus
Quote:

I would think ours would be in the same batch. Hopefully yours change to grading soon too.

Yeah no kidding. I just wonder how they process the books sometimes. In my opinion, there no way your books should be in grading before mine. Same exact services/tier and mine were received before yours.

But oh well, congratulations on one step closer to getting your books back.
Post 768 IP   flag post
FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
@Karlhungus Books received on the same day do not always move at the same rate even if they are the same tier. There are hundreds of orders that are sent to us each day, and they are worked on in batches. It's likely to see your move soon, but to expect it to happen at the same time as a different order from the same day shouldn't be the expectation.
Post 769 IP   flag post
Again just throwing this out there, but you're waiting on comic books, not a new kidney.

The proper response when somebody else's books get done before mine:

Post 770 IP   flag post
Collector Krypton private msg quote post Address this user
I have been reading all of the discussion. The wait can be frustrating. I did receive my submission last Friday. I was very happy with the slabbing. Some grades lower than I expected, but satisfied overall.
My TAT was 36 weeks (from June 22), so around 9 months. A very long time. I had two Expanded books and four Modern all with pressing.
Post 771 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
TAT
1)Modern with verified signature with fast pass
2) Expanded with fast pass

Received Jan 23
Shipped mar 7

TAT 6 weeks
Post 772 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming
@Karlhungus Books received on the same day do not always move at the same rate even if they are the same tier. There are hundreds of orders that are sent to us each day, and they are worked on in batches. It's likely to see your move soon, but to expect it to happen at the same time as a different order from the same day shouldn't be the expectation.

Makes sense. Thanks for the insight on the process
Post 773 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My last order has been in grading for 8 or 9 days, but the Invoice is still saying submitted.
#Soon
Post 774 IP   flag post
Quote:

My books are now in labels!
Post 775 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Mine have been in labels now for 3 weeks, don't get your hopes up. When I actually got through to someone last week I was told they were in slabbing and should be done that day or the next.

Honestly, I would be fine with them having them another month if they would just tell me the grades. That's all I really want. I have a Fantastic Four Annual #6 Double Cover graded and just sitting down there, and its driving me nuts not knowing what it was awarded at.
Post 776 IP   flag post
Collector FrankW private msg quote post Address this user
My order(Modern )which was in grading for 9 business days has just hit Quality Control ! We are getting there!
Post 777 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
I have just submitted 18 yellow label and 120 blue label at this past SC comic con🤗 what do you y’all think would be the turn around time? I already know it’s long but just want to hear some opinions it is my first time submitting to CBCS. And no I didn’t press or fast pass.
Post 778 IP   flag post
Collector billkruser5 private msg quote post Address this user
My first opinion is you are creating a logjam for CBCS with that qty. Hahahaha I promise I am kidding. I am jealous that you have that many to turn in. And now you have to post them all when you get them back please.

But really, I just had a no press no fast pass turned around in 19 weeks from CBCS receipt to FedEx Delivery for only 8 Blue Labels. So I believe they have made up some ground for the mail in crowd (previous reports were coming in around 24-25 weeks).

However, with drop off at a con, figure to add another week or two until they get into the CBCS system.
Post 779 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Eight books submitted at Dallas Fantasy Fair on 11/24 just gone from Processing to Grading. All had signature verification but not pressing. TAT to grading 15 weeks. In fairness to CBCS this is all local activity, no physical movement of books was required.
Post 780 IP   flag post
598065 999 30