Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65

1) The slabs aren't sealed along the side, that's normal.

2) If you owed a balance it wouldn't have been shipped or been able to be picked up.
Post 651 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
@etapi65

1) The slabs aren't sealed along the side, that's normal.

2) If you owed a balance it wouldn't have been shipped or been able to be picked up.

Thanks! I think this is all good news. Except that materials provided created confusion up front. Not a great way to instill confidence in new clients. I double-checked one of my other CBCS graded books last night and it appeared to be sealed on the sides...
mrelowe; I'm very happy with the book. The process was a bit of a mess.
cseale0223; yes, and mine was submitted on the 22nd of September so about 20 weeks to get it back. Honestly, it all turned out just fine. But man was it a hassle. I really want to submit another 25-30 books to CBCS. I just had issues from start to finish on the CBCS organizational side from start to finish. Was not a great first impression.
Post 652 IP   flag post
Collector Karlhungus private msg quote post Address this user
Just an update for anyone who cares (probably no one 😁)

My order from June 28 with pressing has more movement. The moderns went from recieved to labels last Wednesday and today the expanded books moved from received to grading. They still say received on the invoice though.

So close now....
Post 653 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Karlhungus that sounds about in line..my books from june 1st were received in mid January...looks like they are moving through things
Post 654 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65 Thanks.

If I did the math right I'll be at 22 weeks this Friday with no movement.
Post 655 IP   flag post

Collector ronvaughan private msg quote post Address this user
I sent two emails to CBCS through their email customer channel this week. I have received no response/reply from them at all. I continue to call their posted phone number and hitting option #1 or #3 to check on my orders placed late Aug. but no one picks up. My expectations and confidence in CBCS is starting to wane as things like this seem to be the norm state now.
Post 656 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronvaughan
I sent two emails to CBCS through their email customer channel this week. I have received no response/reply from them at all. I continue to call their posted phone number and hitting option #1 or #3 to check on my orders placed late Aug. but no one picks up. My expectations and confidence in CBCS is starting to wane as things like this seem to be the norm state now.
Please be patient, the Dallas office has been having problems with the phones since moving last June. emails have been coming in and they're responding to as many as they can as quickly as they can.
Post 657 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve had excellent luck contacting CBCS via email. I actually just sent them an after-hours email about a typo I’d made on an order and had a response this morning. Last month I received an order with a mistake on the label an had the fixed book in hand two weeks later
Post 658 IP   flag post
Collector Corsec private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I’ve had excellent luck contacting CBCS via email. I actually just sent them an after-hours email about a typo I’d made on an order and had a response this morning. Last month I received an order with a mistake on the label an had the fixed book in hand two weeks later

I'm guessing responses like those are probably low hanging fruit.
Post 659 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
]Please be patient, the Dallas office has been having problems with the phones since moving last June.

Who is the service provider? 8 months to fix phones for a business? Is that the norm in the US?
Post 660 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
For what its worth, I emailed them at

Feb 5th at 12:10pm
Reply was received
Feb 7th at 3:39pm

Yes, there are things to be frustrated at. (I called a few times and got nowhere before sending the above email.)

On the bright side, my book was processed at an exceptional speed, granted it was a 2day modern, but did have pressing.

The end results are superb. All in all a positive experience.

Post 661 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
]Please be patient, the Dallas office has been having problems with the phones since moving last June.

Who is the service provider? 8 months to fix phones for a business? Is that the norm in the US?
I have no idea who the service provider is, that's not something I deal with. I only know it's been ongoing.
Post 662 IP   flag post
Collector markiemark0764 private msg quote post Address this user
What is the average turn around time for Modern with Fast Pass? I want to send my next group in using that service.
Post 663 IP   flag post
Collector jibaro private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics did you used fast pass? or just regular?
Post 664 IP   flag post
Collector markiemark0764 private msg quote post Address this user
I want to do Modern with the fast pass but hearing a lot of different times for returns and just want to make sure I want to go with those options.
Post 665 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaro
@KatKomics did you used fast pass? or just regular?

my books were just regular but with pressing and a few with AW signatures.
Post 666 IP   flag post
Collector DrBalls private msg quote post Address this user
A Facebook post made back in 2014 from CBCS, during the startup days:

CBCS GUARANTEED TURN AROUND TIMES!
If we ship an invoice out late, we at CBCS feel that since we were the ones to make the promise, then we should shoulder the burden of that promise, not our clients. So..

If we ship an invoice out more than 4 business days late, our clients will get back a 2% credit.

If we ship an invoice out more than 8 business days late, our clients will get back a 4% credit.

If we ship an invoice out more than 12 business days late, our clients will get back a 5% credit.

I'm guessing that these standards are not in place anymore?
Post 667 IP   flag post
@DrBalls wow..never knew this...yeah i would have to say that is no longer the case!!
Post 668 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
They would be bankrupt if that was still the case. My books are technically 56 days late....do I get a full refund?

Whatever TATs are what they are. Once Dallas is sorted no doubt they will get faster.
Post 669 IP   flag post
Collector DrBalls private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaslave
Whatever TATs are what they are. Once Dallas is sorted no doubt they will get faster.

True. I just have one book being graded, so I don't have an axe to grind with CBCS. I was heavy into the hobby when they started up so I recall a lot of the back and forth between what CBCS goals were going to be over the current CGC standards. I am somewhat fascinated with how things have changed over the years - going from avid collector to just a guy with a few books left.
Post 670 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
w00t! Modern book received October 25th has entered grading!
Post 671 IP   flag post
Collector the_mick private msg quote post Address this user
Woohooo!!!!! Received email at 4:06pm, my order is complete and shipping to clearwater for pickup, submitted 09/22 at megacon tampa, so about 5 months, 14 books total 12 of which were witnessed signatures, looking through the notes just now looks like i got 6 9.8's out of the whole group, more than i expected. Cant wait to get them in my hands, was worth the wait.
Post 672 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted 4 Bronze Age books on 9/14/18 at the Cincinnati Comic Expo that were received into the system on 10/1/18. No pressing, no cleaning, no fast pass. . .nothing. According to FedEx, I will have them back on 2/18/19. So, about 18 1/2 weeks from the time they were received by CBCS. No complaints, all things considered. But I'm of the mindset of 'once submitted, just forget about them'. No worries, looking forward to seeing the grades the books received. I know they are already posted, but I prefer to be surprised. . .or disappointed. Whatever, it is all good. Looking forward to submitting more in Lexington next month, then again in Cincinnati in September. Might try out their VSP with this next order.
Post 673 IP   flag post
Collector Biorobot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
Submitted 4 Bronze Age books on 9/14/18 at the Cincinnati Comic Expo that were received into the system on 10/1/18. No pressing, no cleaning, no fast pass. . .nothing. According to FedEx, I will have them back on 2/18/19. So, about 18 1/2 weeks from the time they were received by CBCS. No complaints, all things considered. But I'm of the mindset of 'once submitted, just forget about them'. No worries, looking forward to seeing the grades the books received. I know they are already posted, but I prefer to be surprised. . .or disappointed. Whatever, it is all good. Looking forward to submitting more in Lexington next month, then again in Cincinnati in September. Might try out their VSP with this next order.

That is awesome to read. I submitted mine at the same con, so maybe Ill see some movement soon. Mine was three books with a sig verification on one.
Post 674 IP   flag post
Collector TechnoDjinn private msg quote post Address this user
Does anybody know how long it takes from grading to shipping?
Post 675 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
@TechnoDjinn I believe mine were listed in Grading for about 3 weeks. I am estimating though.
Post 676 IP   flag post
Mine just turned to grading today! Can't wait to get them back!
Post 677 IP   flag post
Just downloaded the invoice and it says labels.
Post 678 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
My August 6 submission has shipped.. Golden Books with Press and Grade no fast track.. 27+ weeks I was kind of hoping for a little more improvement on the TAT.. But there done and heading home.. Haven't looked at the grades yet.. I like the excitement of opening the box Blind..
Post 679 IP   flag post
Collector Karlhungus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift
My August 6 submission has shipped.. Golden Books with Press and Grade no fast track.. 27+ weeks I was kind of hoping for a little more improvement on the TAT.. But there done and heading home.. Haven't looked at the grades yet.. I like the excitement of opening the box Blind..

So your standard press and grade from Aug 6th is done and shipped out but my standard press and grade from JUNE 28TH is still in labels? Doesn't make any sense to me. I don't mind waiting my turn, but I get angry when I read stuff like this.
Post 680 IP   flag post
600503 999 30