Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Spa_fon private msg quote post Address this user
Well just able to schedule an appointment to pick up my books. Was in a link, not noticeable in the 12:26 email - instead of the call Steve Ricketts said I would receive. Of course no appointments open until next week, so no books to take to the Orlando Con this weekend.

SteveRicketts, a little bit of customer service would surely have gone a long way in this situation. I realize you are very much behind and probably frustrated. But a call to say "When can you come in? We will be glad to set aside 5 minutes to get you on your way quickly after almost 6 months waiting." Sadly, you still have a long way to go. I just hope I can finally get them before the Tampa Con in August...
Post 551 IP   flag post
Collector Spa_fon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rideli8
I would understand the extra time but there was no pressing to be done on any items.

No pressing on my books either.
Post 552 IP   flag post
Collector 2rideli8 private msg quote post Address this user
I would just want a Humans response from the e-mail site, not that exact e-mail i keep getting back. Whatever happened to customer service.I guess i'll have another 1-2 months of wait.
Post 553 IP   flag post
Collector marvelfreak1313 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfreak1313

Thanks so much mrelowe, I appreciate it. I can play the wait game, no problem. I submitted from WonderCon before, but this is the first time mailing to them. Just want to make sure it gets into the line for grading. Guess I should have just waited to submit at WonderCon again this year. But was trying to start cutting into my pile of submissions I want to get graded. lol.
Thanks again.

I understand the situation. I am still awaiting my first direct mail submission to CBCS. Fingers crossed that it will be back soon since it is in Labels. My next submission is in the mail on the way to CBCS. If you are worried about the item getting to them, check the USPS tracking (reminds me to check mine since it was scheduled to be there today). Regardless of when it gets scanned, you feel confident that it is there. If you didn't get tracking, now you understand it's importance. LOL. No worries, it will get scanned eventually.

Yeah I sent USPS Priority, so I have a tracking number. According to tracking it was left with individual on January 7th. So it got there.
Post 554 IP   flag post
yeah, it's there, it's also been in processing for the last 4 months. The not knowing what is going on is almost as bad as a root canal. Hoping all turns out great, then the wait might be worth it.:-)
Post 555 IP   flag post

Collector TechnoDjinn private msg quote post Address this user
Likewise mine has been in processing status since October and being an international customer I can't just call up the company to find out what's happening as my cellular provider gives minutes not money. My order contained original art work and AW program signed books. I have confidence that the books are there but anxious because it's taking so long for my order to move.
Post 556 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rideli8
I would understand the extra time but there was no pressing to be done on any items.

Sorry forgot that you were not pressing. From what I remember, pressing was about 4-6 weeks behind non pressing standard. That would mean that since June pressing orders are going out, that late July-early August standards should be finishing now. October should still be a month or two out from movement. These estimates are probably too slow since they have been improving and catching up.

I understand the frustration, but after months of no movement, it moves quick when the movement starts. A few weeks later, all is fine.
Post 557 IP   flag post
Collector metaljeff private msg quote post Address this user
Geez. I guess my Sept 5th submissions don't seem so bad right now. Haven't seen any changes other than received.
I sent 80 books to the other guys at the same time. Already got them back and sold half of them.
Post 558 IP   flag post
Collector IceHole private msg quote post Address this user
My recent submission from RICC

3 graded books cracked...sigs added and submitted on 11/3 (fast press, fast pass)

received 11/13

shipped 1/25

The bad news, all books had so much damage to them (which were inconsistent with previous grading), the graders actually had CBCS call me to ask what happened to my books.

my Deadpool #1 9.6 (had Liefeld sig and remarque...added Kapicic and Baccarin sig) stayed 9.6 with a light crease (the light crease pressed out) but now has a bend and spine stress.

my New Mutants #87 (had Liefeld sig...added Kapicic and Baccarin sig) 9.4 is now a 9.0 with more spine stresses

my New Mutants #87 8.5 (had Liefeld sig...added Kapicic and Baccarin sig)is now a 8.0 with and added 1/4 inch color breaking crease on the front cover.

I've got over $1000 in sigs and remarques on these books and was told those are the chances you take with pressing. I only had them in my hands for 15 minutes to get sigs (VIP pass helps) and they thought I rolled down a hill to get these sigs. I've gotten over 200 sigs last year at conventions, I've never had an order come back so wrecked. CBCS is just the most awful waste of money I've ever/never will ever have to deal with again.
Post 559 IP   flag post
I just recently submitted again. My previous order is set to be delivered. When I submitted that order, the estimated TAT was provided before I submitted online and stated on my invoice. My submission this month did not have that on the website or my invoice.

Has CBCS stopped providing estimated TAT?

If so, then I think that it is probably a good move. I know that most of us want them, but it only frustrates you when the TAT is missed. I realize that it is reasonable to expect an estimate of the amount of time the process will take, but I can see the impossibility to forecast what submission volume or production delays can occur. BTW, they were always estimates and never to be treated as contract conditions.

Just my thoughts. I could be wrong.
Post 560 IP   flag post
I'm concerned about the fact that my invoice is still saying that I've made no payment on my order yet I paid in full. The order was placed on 1st October, is that normal? My invoice also just states submitted and no further movement from that yet my dashboard says received. Feeling frustrated. πŸ˜–
Post 561 IP   flag post
Collector Biorobot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoDjinn
I'm concerned about the fact that my invoice is still saying that I've made no payment on my order yet I paid in full. The order was placed on 1st October, is that normal? My invoice also just states submitted and no further movement from that yet my dashboard says received. Feeling frustrated. πŸ˜–

My dashboard is identical to yours. I submitted mine at the Cincinnati at the end of Sept. and they were updated as received on Oct. 1st. No movement since that time. It really bugs to have no updates at all since that time.
Post 562 IP   flag post
Collector Karlhungus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorobot
Quote:

My dashboard is identical to yours. I submitted mine at the Cincinnati at the end of Sept. and they were updated as received on Oct. 1st. No movement since that time. It really bugs to have no updates at all since that time.

I don't think they have any updates to give because your books are just sitting in their warehouse. Books from June with pressing haven't been graded yet. If you had any books pressed and paid for their normal service, you have months of the received status...
Post 563 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlhungus
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think they have any updates to give because your books are just sitting in their warehouse. Books from June with pressing haven't been graded yet. If you had any books pressed and paid for their normal service, you have months of the received status...

I have no pressed books, which I know take longer than normal as it is not done in house by CBCS, and no VSP only ASP and original art. I have been patient in not complaining about the move and whatever factors as I understand the situation but my statement hasn't even been updated and it states there that no grading will be done if payment is not made. And this concerns me, the fact that my invoice is not updated hence the question whether it's normal.
Post 564 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I understand that they are busy upgrading the dashboard hopefully it will be better, if there's any truth to that.
Post 565 IP   flag post
Collector Biorobot private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlhungus
Quote:
Quote:

I have no pressed books, which I know take longer than normal as it is not done in house by CBCS, and no VSP only ASP and original art. I have been patient in not complaining about the move and whatever factors as I understand the situation but my statement hasn't even been updated and it states there that no grading will be done if payment is not made. And this concerns me, the fact that my invoice is not updated hence the question whether it's normal.

I do not have any books being pressed either. I just looked at my account and have conflicting information. When I click on my order, it shows that I owe nothing, but when I open the actual invoice it shows that I owe the full balance. I paid in full at the con, so that is confusing as well. I hope they get the site updated soon with good information.
Post 566 IP   flag post
@TechnoDjinn if your invoice says there is a balance due, you should contact CBCS at the new Customer service number. Look for a sticky thread on the forum main page related to the number to use. That issue is not normal, but could be due to some clerical error that can easily be corrected. Try and contact them.

@Biorobot as for your invoice and dashboard not giving you any status updates, it is simply because there is nothing to give you. When your order is received, it is scanned into the system and the dashboard changes from submitted to received. Your invoice will also simply state submitted. It is not until your item is removed from the vault and take it to the grading room, that the status of either the invoice or the dashboard changes. In a step in the process, it is only changed at the beginning of the step. Your dashboard will only say submitted, received, grading, or completed, the invoice will indicate which step you are in each of those processes. Your dashboard will say received and your invoice will say submitted for months until it is in the grading room. Only then will you start to see things change. It will still take a few weeks to complete the process. Once it gets in the grading room. You should start to see the progress you are wanting.

Hopefully, this is clearing up some of your anxiety. Your books are fine , and everything is OK with your submission. I still think you need to check on your account with customer service.
Post 567 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
@TechnoDjinn if your invoice says there is a balance due, you should contact CBCS at the new Customer service number. Look for a sticky thread on the forum main page related to the number to use. That issue is not normal, but could be due to some clerical error that can easily be corrected. Try and contact them.

Thanks for your input, being an international customer and on a cellular phone only, I'm not going to be able to contact them telephonically as 1) it's going to be damn expensive and 2) my service provider only gives me minutes not money, so screwed in that department. Just wish that someone from CBCS could read my thread and assist. But doesn't seem like they've been on this thread for some time. πŸ‘
Post 568 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@TechnoDjinn I do not see a balance due on your order. It was charged successfully on 10/11.
Post 569 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts thanks for the reply,renews my faith a bit more. Now, if I can only see some movement. 😁😁😁
Post 570 IP   flag post
Now i'm feeling my age, when i would look at my invoice(delayed) i always saw that it was in the processing part. I never looked at the right side where it said(in the yellow box) Grading.I also was able to speak to a live person at CBCS. My books should be arriving within 3 weeks. That makes it about a 6 month wait for my books.
Post 571 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
19 weeks right now on a 12 week TAT estimate...submitted at Fan Expo in September.

Guess another 2 months from what Im reading?

God help me on the two books I sent for pressing that had a 24 week TAT estimate....
Post 572 IP   flag post
Collector FrankW private msg quote post Address this user
I spoke to someone in Customer service yesterday who was helpful. My books have been there 12 weeks (estimate was 8-12). I was told another 4-6 weeks as they have not been graded.

I will have to be patient and hope the new estimate is correct.
Post 573 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW
I spoke to someone in Customer service yesterday who was helpful. My books have been there 12 weeks (estimate was 8-12). I was told another 4-6 weeks as they have not been graded.

I will have to be patient and hope the new estimate is correct.

I talked to someone about my books and they said 2 weeks more, 2 weeks ago. They are still in the received status.

While the people in customer service are very polite, I don't think they know how long it will be. Much like my almost 8 week late turn around estimate.
Post 574 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
From reading the thread it appears that grading takes 3-6 months and pressing takes 6-8 months. I would be happy for those numbers to be corrected downward as I am currently in both queues.
Post 575 IP   flag post
Collector Gaz973 private msg quote post Address this user
I've been a member dealer for CBCS for the last couple of years. I was slowly building up a trade for sending submissions on behalf of my customers in the UK to CBCS (which was tough after a lot of people were let down by the CBCSUK debacle and a lot of people lost confidence).
It was going OK though till the turnaround times got worse and about a year ago, I announced to customers that I would be only sending less frequently. My most recent batch though has been beyond a joke, I finally received an email saying that part of it has now moved to the grading stage after they've had them since August 20th (they didn't get pressed).
I don't have the time or patience to keep answering customers emails about how long their books are going to be, it makes me look bad though it's beyond my control and with the delays on this most recent one being the worst yet, I've had to announce that I'm stopping sending submissions for customers now. It was an uphill fight to build the trade I had over here and now sadly CBCS doesn't have a good name any more in the UK community. I really hope it turns around but it's going to take a long time just to get back to where it was. πŸ™
Post 576 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s a new one... order is now set to Billing even though I’ve already paid. However... one of my comics says rejected. Why would it say rejected? I have a balance of (14.00)

???
Post 577 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@TheComicDoJo - There are lots of reasons books get rejected. They could be too large or even too thick to fit in the slabs; they could have studs, buttons, or even too much overhang that they could get damaged if slabbed; or they could contain offensive covers or material that is against CBCS policy. There are probably some other reasons too.
Post 578 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicDoJo
Here’s a new one... order is now set to Billing even though I’ve already paid. However... one of my comics says rejected. Why would it say rejected? I have a balance of (14.00)

???

Sorry I can't answer your question but when was your received date again? I know you've been waiting forever like me. Beginning of August?

I'm trying to figure out why my books from June are just hanging out "in the grading room" for weeks. I thought when books get back from pressing they move to the front of the queue. I am trying to stay positive about all this but it's getting ridiculous!!
Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@TheComicDoJo - There are lots of reasons books get rejected. They could be too large or even too thick to fit in the slabs; they could have studs, buttons, or even too much overhang that they could get damaged if slabbed; or they could contain offensive covers or material that is against CBCS policy. There are probably some other reasons too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@esaravo @esaravo

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #4
Post 580 IP   flag post
603523 999 30