Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@TheComicDoJo When you get the tracking info, the grades/grader's notes will be available from your order page by clicking the little eye icon next to each book
Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicDoJo
Score! Got the email today saying that my 8/3 submission is going to ship, should receive an email with tracking.

Any idea where I can see the grades online or have they not set that up yet?

Thanks!


I got my tracking number and then the grades showed up on my dashboard. Look for your tracking info email and then they should be available!
Post 502 IP   flag post
Collector roasty private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicDoJo

Any idea where I can see the grades online or have they not set that up yet?


They only give grades out upon shipping so that people don't call and try to persuade a better grade. Once the grade is posted, it is "final".
Post 503 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
OMG!!....books have moved to Grading!! (June 3rd no fast pass but does have press and authorized witness)...maybe in time for early Feb birthday??


Congratulations. We have been following each other for a while. I am right behind you and interested in how your order turns out.


it will be interesting to see what my grades turn out as...there are 6 of my 10 books that I' not expecting any better than between 6 to 8 (all depends on the press/clean!) the other 4, fingers crossed, should be 9 and up??
Post 504 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@TheComicDoJo When you get the tracking info, the grades/grader's notes will be available from your order page by clicking the little eye icon next to each book


Thanks!
Post 505 IP   flag post


Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggykoopa30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicDoJo
Score! Got the email today saying that my 8/3 submission is going to ship, should receive an email with tracking.

Any idea where I can see the grades online or have they not set that up yet?

Thanks!


I got my tracking number and then the grades showed up on my dashboard. Look for your tracking info email and then they should be available!


Thank you!
Post 506 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
June 3, 2018 submission of a press n grade (Expanded) ... January 10, 2019 receive email that my submission is ready to be shipped. Will update once book arrives.

Reading recent posts above, looks like CBCS is finally getting on its feet again. Very good for them, good for us, and good for the hobby.


Post 507 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I..I...I...I think my books have been shipped!?? Got an e-mail from Fedex saying a package is enroute from Irving Texas?? Dashboard still says grading.

Of course I'll be at work but a pickup location is just a few blocks from the office...doesn't seem like a phishing scam, I was able to change pickup location and it never asked for ID or banking info or nothin other than the original postal code!!
Post 508 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I..I...I...I think my books have been shipped!?? Got an e-mail from Fedex saying a package is enroute from Irving Texas?? Dashboard still says grading.

Of course I'll be at work but a pickup location is just a few blocks from the office...doesn't seem like a phishing scam, I was able to change pickup location and it never asked for ID or banking info or nothin other than the original postal code!!


Nope...turns out I had an auction win also from Dallas!!
Who knew!!!

Should have had them bundle it with the CBCS order when it's ready!!

was for these prints - really only wanted the Wrightson signed print, might have to sell the Vampirella signed print



Post 509 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics those are nice. It looks like you are getting a few late Christmas presents or early Birthday ones.
Post 510 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Down to one open invoice - an AW with pressing from SDCC. Lots of movement over the last week. Surprised by a few grades (good and not so good), but not in the questioning sense. Looking forward to getting one shipment delivered today, two on Tuesday, and another by the end of next week, I think. We'll see on the last one! It shows "received" right now, but at the pace things have been going, it may ship in the next week or so, ha ha.
Post 511 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My books just shipped today! A few books graded a little lower than I'd like (mostly thanks to color-breaking creases and wear) but these were graded more for the signatures. One book got flagged for an extra staple but I'm not sure how that could've happened since I remember buying it off the rack and have no recollection of adding a staple to it. hmmm

Anyways, Now for the satisfying ritual of inputting all the info into CLZ. Hopefully next weekend I'll be scanning
Post 512 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
For those that have been keeping an eye on my journey. Got the notice that my 1st order has shipped today. I’ve got one more that’s a month behind this one so that should hopefully finish up this time in February or quicker
Post 513 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
OMG!!....books have moved to Grading!! (June 3rd no fast pass but does have press and authorized witness)...maybe in time for early Feb birthday??


Congratulations. We have been following each other for a while. I am right behind you and interested in how your order turns out.


it will be interesting to see what my grades turn out as...there are 6 of my 10 books that I' not expecting any better than between 6 to 8 (all depends on the press/clean!) the other 4, fingers crossed, should be 9 and up??


after 4 days in grading (at least on my dashboard) my books have now moved to QC!!!

Man - gonna have to remember how to fight with FedEx to waive the duty charges (pretty sure I can). I think my argument is something like - these are my books being returned to me, yes I paid for services in the US but those services did not increase the intrinsic value of my books they merely certified/verified what grade the books are...
Post 514 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics that is great. Four days from Grading to Quality Control! Mine have not been scanned into grading yet. Keep us informed as to the rest of the process.
Post 515 IP   flag post
Collector Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Just a little FYI.
When my books have gone into grading they have sat there 2 to 3 weeks then Bang.
They arrive and hit shipping on the same day. Go Figure. This has happened on the last 4 submission’s. Now granted they are using my FedEx account so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway things are improving and I’m doing my happy dance.
🕺🏻💃 🖖
Post 516 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
well golllllyyy....dashboard says QC but my junk mail folder got an e-mail saying they were shipped!!!

gonna go check my dashboard again!!


Ok - everything is there with grades - everthing just about where I thought with a couple surprises (good and bad?)

for instance..thought pressing would take care of long vertical bend


Post 517 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics


for instance..thought pressing would take care of long vertical bend


Likely a subscription crease. While a press may be able to make it less visible - very difficult to remove completely
Post 518 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
So this morning at 10:30 my dashboard stated received and invoice was still pressing. I just checked and the dashboard says Grading!!! and the invoice says Labels. I am so excited to see some movement on my order!!

Any idea how much longer before I should get an email about shipping? Days? Week?
Post 519 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
So this morning at 10:30 my dashboard stated received and invoice was still pressing. I just checked and the dashboard says Grading!!! and the invoice says Labels. I am so excited to see some movement on my order!!

Any idea how much longer before I should get an email about shipping? Days? Week?


I didn't check the status on my invoice but the dashboard moved from Grading to QC to shipped within 5 or 6 days (including a weekend). Make sure to check your junk e-mail folder, for some reason my updates on status changes were going there
Post 520 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I never get status updates in my email. I have checked my spam folder and found nothing. I searched my email for CBCS and found only votes for my posts but nothing about updates to my order.
Post 521 IP   flag post
Collector Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
The only update I get is when it ships. I get a tracking number. Now they do use my FedEx acc #. Sometimes the email comes on the same day it arrives but it has been a day before or the day after. I think they do that so you’re not calling them to argue about the grading because when it’s shipped the grade’s show up in your account. Good luck. 🖖
Post 522 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics


Man - gonna have to remember how to fight with FedEx to waive the duty charges (pretty sure I can). I think my argument is something like - these are my books being returned to me, yes I paid for services in the US but those services did not increase the intrinsic value of my books they merely certified/verified what grade the books are...


I just had the same issue with fighting them on my last shipment. They only gave me a partial credit. I was told that CBCS needs to clearly state on the commercial invoice that these are "Canadian goods." If this is done instead of stating that they are the recipients goods I was told that there should be no charges.
I have to send this note to the customer service team who basically blew me off when I mentioned I had been charged by FedEx. It wasn't Jake that I was dealing with this time as both of the previous times this happened when I contacted Jake he took care of it for me.
Post 523 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Welp...its over, one book, press and grade, received 5/29/18, returned to me today, 1/15/19.

I'll just pay extra next time. That was crazy
Post 524 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
My odyssey is over. June 3, 2018 submission of a press n grade (Expanded) ... returned to me January 15, 2019. Seven and a half month TAT.

I love the CBCS slab. Light, clear, no Newton rings. Once TATs normalize I will be back.
Post 525 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Pre-screen modern order submitted 8/8/2018 and received on 1/15/2019 so 23 weeks door-to-door with a week of transit time so 22 weeks at CBCS.
Post 526 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by farseer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics


Man - gonna have to remember how to fight with FedEx to waive the duty charges (pretty sure I can). I think my argument is something like - these are my books being returned to me, yes I paid for services in the US but those services did not increase the intrinsic value of my books they merely certified/verified what grade the books are...


I just had the same issue with fighting them on my last shipment. They only gave me a partial credit. I was told that CBCS needs to clearly state on the commercial invoice that these are "Canadian goods." If this is done instead of stating that they are the recipients goods I was told that there should be no charges.
I have to send this note to the customer service team who basically blew me off when I mentioned I had been charged by FedEx. It wasn't Jake that I was dealing with this time as both of the previous times this happened when I contacted Jake he took care of it for me.


just got the message that other charges may be due (delivery should be on 21st)...nice thing is that I can take delivery before paying for any customs/import fees....man that is a mistake on their part!!! I love me a fight!!!

I used to deal with multiple levels of government audits, threats of fines etc. mean very little to me.
Post 527 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
I have a press screen order (with fast press) that just hit billing because they're going to press it. CBCS received it the day after Christmas, so someone looked at my books after three weeks. Obviously the actual pressing will add on to that but seems to be moving pretty quickly. Although a separate order also with fast press and screen hasn't had anything happen yet.
Post 528 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
My current order (6/11 receipt date) is in labels, so it will be here soon. I am a glutton for punishment. I just created another invoice. Packing and shipping this new batch today. This time, I have Modern, Consumer, and Expanded tiers, no pressing, and all are Fast Pass. I'll let you know how this order goes.

Fingers crossed!
Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@mrelowe yup..me too....just trying to figure what to send in. Need to have a few books to sell to make $$ to buy other books or submit more books. Looks like Mister Miracle in just about any condition is going up, same with Forever People 1. I have 3 MM in the 7 to 8 range and 2 FP in the 8+? range as well as two Batman 357 in the 9.6/9.8 that I'm thinking of sending in maybe a few others...I add press now to everything though
Post 530 IP   flag post
265061 999 30
destitute