Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I know this isn't manufacturing but I love when the bottleneck just keeps moving and the production guys keep asking for $$$.

If we get this machine we can produce 4000 units an hour!! So you get the machine and the production rates don't increase as promised - so you ask - what happened guys?? Oh well THAT machine can go that fast but this other piece of equipment down stream over here can only go this fast!! Well guys that means your whole payback model was flawed!! Now instead of a 4yr payback it's going to be more like 5 or 6 and maybe..just maybe the whole project wouldn't have been given the go ahead if these real numbers were used!!

oh well...just work frustration....and not even part of finance that I deal with anymore

buy yes @roasty, there should be some sort of measureable KPI's (key performance indicators) that the whole process if gauged against and bonuses or pay increased partly based on, and heaven forbid, reporting based on those KPI's could be shared!!
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector stevguitar private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Have you tried calling in? As soon as I called my books changed to grading and labels and shipped within 2 weeks.

You have to call a lot to get through but for whatever reason coincidence or me calling my books moved right after I spoke to someone
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector roasty private msg quote post Address this user
FYI... I just received a shipment of 50 books submitted on Sept 30.

These were mainly quickstream and expanded, with no pressing.
Post 478 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Pressing through like June 12 is done and should be in Dallas on Friday. They may not get everything checked in until Wednesday or Thursday of next week because of the holiday. Expect those orders to be graded and into the slab room shortly after.

This quote is 19 days ago. Shouldn't these have been scanned in by now?

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass. I have consistently stated that I support CBCS and that I know how hard it is to work through a backlog. I am just getting concerned since it looks like it may be eight months or more before these come back. I am days away from my seven month mark without any change. I was optimistic that they would be back in December but realistically thought that they would be done by now.

Is it because I have expanded and modern with 2 of the 7 pressing on the same invoice?

The only thing to do is wait and try to keep track of where everyone else is.
Post 479 IP   flag post
UPDATE:

I called Customer Service today and got through on the second try. I talked to an excellent employee (I tried to remember his name, but I forgot.) He was very polite and informative. He's located at the Clearwater site and very familiar with the pressing. He looked up my order and provided me with some insight that I will pass on here.

1. ALL books from June have been pressed and shipped to the Dallas Site. Mine and approximately 100 other orders were delivered there on 12/19 and the rest of the month were received there about a week later.
2. The dashboard/invoice will not update until the books have been scanned in by the graders not just received by the Dallas site.
3. Pressed books get moved up the queue due to already being in the system through the long pressing process. So this means my order should begin grading in the next couple of days.
4. There isn't a standard for the amount of time that books spend at any particular stage as there are way too many variables. Amount of current orders, size of individual orders, tiers, and bottlenecks at various stages. Books could be marked in grading, graded and waiting for labels. The won't change status until they are moved into the next phase not when they are finished with the previous stage.
5. The CUSTOMER INTERFACE is being updated in February. Redundancies should be removed. He discussed the uselessness of the PROCESSING on customer dashboards. Also it is redundant to click on dashboard and then click on invoice. Expect the dashboard to provide a greater update on your order. I think this is one of the greatest needs of the site.
6. Turnaround times are improving, but bottleneck/logjams keep appearing in different areas of the process. This is part of the process as things improve.

I know that this is a long post, but I was very frustrated and confused prior to the call. I thanked him for his time and for putting my mind at ease. My experience with CBCS staff online, on the phone, and in person has been excellent. They have an excellent product and friendly,knowledgeable staff that are second to none. Better turnaround times and a better customer interface will make a huge difference. There is a light at the end of this tunnel.
Post 480 IP   flag post

Collector Karlhungus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
UPDATE:

I called Customer Service today and got through on the second try. I talked to an excellent employee (I tried to remember his name, but I forgot.) He was very polite and informative. He's located at the Clearwater site and very familiar with the pressing. He looked up my order and provided me with some insight that I will pass on here.

1. ALL books from June have been pressed and shipped to the Dallas Site. Mine and approximately 100 other orders were delivered there on 12/19 and the rest of the month were received there about a week later.
2. The dashboard/invoice will not update until the books have been scanned in by the graders not just received by the Dallas site.
3. Pressed books get moved up the queue due to already being in the system through the long pressing process. So this means my order should begin grading in the next couple of days.
4. There isn't a standard for the amount of time that books spend at any particular stage as there are way too many variables. Amount of current orders, size of individual orders, tiers, and bottlenecks at various stages. Books could be marked in grading, graded and waiting for labels. The won't change status until they are moved into the next phase not when they are finished with the previous stage.
5. The CUSTOMER INTERFACE is being updated in February. Redundancies should be removed. He discussed the uselessness of the PROCESSING on customer dashboards. Also it is redundant to click on dashboard and then click on invoice. Expect the dashboard to provide a greater update on your order. I think this is one of the greatest needs of the site.
6. Turnaround times are improving, but bottleneck/logjams keep appearing in different areas of the process. This is part of the process as things improve.

I know that this is a long post, but I was very frustrated and confused prior to the call. I thanked him for his time and for putting my mind at ease. My experience with CBCS staff online, on the phone, and in person has been excellent. They have an excellent product and friendly,knowledgeable staff that are second to none. Better turnaround times and a better customer interface will make a huge difference. There is a light at the end of this tunnel.

Thanks for the update! My books are a week or two after yours so we are getting close!
Post 481 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
ALL books from June have been pressed and shipped to the Dallas Site. Mine and approximately 100 other orders were delivered there on 12/19 and the rest of the month were received there about a week later.

Our submissions are same (press-n-grade) from same time period (early June) so I am now projecting January 31st we get the books back. 8-month process, if we get them by end of January.
Post 482 IP   flag post
When I was trying to get through to CBCS yesterday, I did not get a person on the first try. I forgot that I left a voicemail with my order number and just a quick message that I was looking for an update. Today I got a return call from CBCS but didn't get to answer it. They left a voicemail response to my first try. I was politely informed that my books were in the grading room and would be graded shortly.
Post 483 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t even know why we are doing this ourselves rather than having CBCS to provide reliable actual TAT on a regular basis.

They should state target TAT and actual TAT.

Information is everything. Lack of information just causes people to believe that a provider does not have the information on hand
Post 484 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Ah! Of my five remaining open Invoices, one shipped this week (previously mentioned) from SDCC, another from SDCC is in grading (AW only), two from earlier (AW and Pressing) are now in grading, which will leave just one from earlier outstanding. That's a good thing.

Question... What does a grade with an asterisk mean? I got a 9.2* on something.
Post 485 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
My may 29 received order of press and grade finally hit grading

....non non bogus
Post 486 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
Ah! Of my five remaining open Invoices, one shipped this week (previously mentioned) from SDCC, another from SDCC is in grading (AW only), two from earlier (AW and Pressing) are now in grading, which will leave just one from earlier outstanding. That's a good thing.

Question... What does a grade with an asterisk mean? I got a 9.2* on something.

The asterisk means that it graded at 9.2 but actually looks better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
I don’t even know why we are doing this ourselves rather than having CBCS to provide reliable actual TAT on a regular basis.

Information is everything. Lack of information just causes people to believe that a provider does not have the information on hand

That is exactly why I am excited for the change to the user side of the website. According to my conversation with CBCS, the changes should make tracking your order better. I agree that information is everything. If they can provide a dashboard that is actually user friendly and provides real time information, that will make a huge difference to the customers. Everyone hates the long TAT, but the lack of information and understanding of how the stages work seems to be the top concern. None of us believe our books are gone and will never be returned.
Post 487 IP   flag post
@mrelowe Oh! Thanks for the explanation. I was actually wondering how it hit a 9.2... Seemed much higher, but "looks much better" would be a good reason, ha ha. Not like I'm selling the book, but I still wished it was higher.
Post 488 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@thelastbard - There could be a small tear or writing on an interior page (or pages), or a small stain or dents/impressions that aren’t easily observed on the comic that cause a reduction in grade. The comic gets the grade it is supposed to have based on the defects, but gets an asterisk to indicate it looks/presents better than that.
Post 489 IP   flag post
@esaravo The notes mention "long vertical bend right front cover", which I didn't notice when I decided to get it graded, or when I got them signed or submitted, BUT I don't doubt they're on the cover, honestly. I'm not infallible. This would just fall under the worst estimation of grading I've done. Again, though, it explains the asterisk.
Post 490 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I just want my last order at CBCS to get done and back in house.
Post 491 IP   flag post
Just got another ping that one of my invoices is in shipping. Things are changing quick now. Methinks a bottleneck is being unplugged. This one was for AW / Pressed books that likely arrived in CBCS' hands in the early June timeframe.
Post 492 IP   flag post
Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my email that says my July 27th invoice is in shipping!
Post 493 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

I completely agree on this. I know their TAT suck hard but reading posts here doesn't give me any clue as to the average TAT. Most folks aren't even mentioning their tier service and that clouds the waters even more.

While I am patient I just don't care to have my books out of hand for months on end especially when I usually submit moderns and I am planning to sell one or two out of each batch to cover the cost of the others that I am grading just for my personal collection. So, I remain sitting on a large pile of books that I plan to get graded. It is getting close to two years since I gave up on subbing.
Post 494 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Things are moving a little bit faster. I got my July 19th order back right after Christmas (23 weeks), and today I got my August 22nd order back (20 weeks). The July order was Moderns and the August order was Consumer and Expanded; neither order had pressing.
Post 495 IP   flag post
OMG!!....books have moved to Grading!! (June 3rd no fast pass but does have press and authorized witness)...maybe in time for early Feb birthday??
Post 496 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My SDCC books went from Recieved to Complete this morning!

Post 497 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
OMG!!....books have moved to Grading!! (June 3rd no fast pass but does have press and authorized witness)...maybe in time for early Feb birthday??

Congratulations. We have been following each other for a while. I am right behind you and interested in how your order turns out.
Post 498 IP   flag post
My July 27th submissions (6 authorized witnessed books, no pressing) went from shipping to complete today. I got the tracking number in my email and should be here by next week! Tomorrow would have been 24 weeks if anybody's counting.
Post 499 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Score! Got the email today saying that my 8/3 submission is going to ship, should receive an email with tracking.

Any idea where I can see the grades online or have they not set that up yet?

Thanks!
Post 500 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@TheComicDoJo When you get the tracking info, the grades/grader's notes will be available from your order page by clicking the little eye icon next to each book
Post 501 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicDoJo
Score! Got the email today saying that my 8/3 submission is going to ship, should receive an email with tracking.

Thanks!

I got my tracking number and then the grades showed up on my dashboard. Look for your tracking info email and then they should be available!
Post 502 IP   flag post
Collector roasty private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicDoJo

They only give grades out upon shipping so that people don't call and try to persuade a better grade. Once the grade is posted, it is "final".
Post 503 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

Congratulations. We have been following each other for a while. I am right behind you and interested in how your order turns out.

it will be interesting to see what my grades turn out as...there are 6 of my 10 books that I' not expecting any better than between 6 to 8 (all depends on the press/clean!) the other 4, fingers crossed, should be 9 and up??
Post 504 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@TheComicDoJo When you get the tracking info, the grades/grader's notes will be available from your order page by clicking the little eye icon next to each book

Thanks!
Post 505 IP   flag post
600853 999 30