Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlikefire
I'm done. My books were submitted at Las Vegas comic con on 7-2. Now I keep seeing posts of people who submitted after me getting their books back. My current orders will be the last of my business you get.

Did you have pressing?? Mine were handed off at NFCC on 6/3 but with pressing. Nice to see others with July dates getting theirs back - with pressing that should mean another 4 weeks??? (despite other notes saying June pressings are mostly done)

I too have no movement from "received"

No pressing, no cleaning, no steaming. I only submitted modern books. 25 weeks and counting!
Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Still waiting for my books to change status from pressing to something else. Submitted in early June and have quit counting. My 24 weeks estimate tat was thanksgiving. Happy new year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Pressing through like June 12 is done and should be in Dallas on Friday. They may not get everything checked in until Wednesday or Thursday of next week because of the holiday. Expect those orders to be graded and into the slab room shortly after.

13 days later, no change. I am hopeful since the next major holiday isn’t until Easter.
Post 452 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
One of my three invoices from SDCC shows in Grading now (yeah!), but two others still just show Received, as do two others from May. Been pretty quiet about the whole thing as a result. A lot of my stuff is AW and/or pressing, which has some to do with the delays, which is fine.... Just hoping I see some movement soon-ish.
Post 453 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
One of my three invoices from SDCC shows in Grading now (yeah!), but two others still just show Received, as do two others from May. Been pretty quiet about the whole thing as a result. A lot of my stuff is AW and/or pressing, which has some to do with the delays, which is fine.... Just hoping I see some movement soon-ish.

Glad to see that you have some movement. Hoping that they get some significant movement done now that the holidays are over. Two weeks ago, they posted that the pressing through June 12 was done and should be moving to grading in a couple of days. You are saying that you have May stuff that is stalled, so not sure what to think. I keep checking my dashboard and invoice to see but no movement yet. I am not sure but I think this is my 29th or 30th week.

Anyway, I am hoping that I am pleased with the final product. I am not sure how a couple of mine are going to grade at but it is always fun to see.
Post 454 IP   flag post
@mrelowe I hope that's the case. I just remembered the specifics on them... One is five books with pressing I shipped in May, and CBCS had them on hand in late May. The other is five books, but they were sent on to a facilitator for further sigs, so CBCS got them in June, so the pressing ETA makes sense.

I got back two random books from the same convention (May sigs) quite a while ago - no pressing req'd.
Post 455 IP   flag post

Collector FrankW private msg quote post Address this user
My books have been there for 60 days with no word or update yet. I guess I have a long wait ahead.
Post 456 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread, but it is related. I submitted a comic on 9/22/2018. I don't actually care how long it takes, as long as I see the comic again. It was a Green Lantern #3 witness signed by Joe Giella. However, when I log into the CBCS account it is completely blank. Nothing under open orders, recently graded, my comics, or, order history. There is no mention of me having ever submitted anything through CBCS. I was charged in November for the grading/processing. Is it normal to have basically no indication they even have your comic 3 months in? 3 e-mails to CBCS asking about this issue have gone unanswered. I received one response; it was a form letter apologizing for how long the grading is taking. Wasn't at all what I was asking about, just want verification they have my book.

Got a reply back from CBCS, they added .com to the end of my .edu e-mail address. I have an update on my book, now I'm not sure if this account is valid, or if I have to create a new one using the incorrectly typed e-mail they've associated with my invoice.
Post 457 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Think I'll start a countdown to 1 yr...see how close I get....think I'm at 22 weeks till 1 yr
Post 458 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@zosocane same boat...June 3rd, press, no fast pass - still "received".
I too am hopeful that something will happen in the next month or so???

CBCS emailed me today that my press n grade submission from June 3rd has now gone to grading. You should be getting an email soon.
Post 459 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
My late September Signature series with pressing is in labeling.
Post 460 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane
Quote:
@zosocane same boat...June 3rd, press, no fast pass - still "received".
I too am hopeful that something will happen in the next month or so???

CBCS emailed me today that my press n grade submission from June 3rd has now gone to grading. You should be getting an email soon.

man o man I hope so!!! cause my dashboard has zero movement since June!!
Post 461 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone,

I forgot how long the process takes once the books hit the “grading” status. They hit grading last week.

Thanks!
Post 462 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@TheComicDoJo mine have shown grading for 2 months.
Post 463 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

My order from Terrificon was in grading/labels since November 18th. Just got the email that it shipped today, so you must be next.

Note: Like my Terrificon order, based on your posts, all your comics are pre-1975. I had another order of all Moderns that moved through grading much quicker. So @TheComicDoJo, your order could pass quickly, depending on what it was.
Post 464 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicDoJo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

@esaravo @earthshaker01 Thanks! and... oh my god. I hope I don’t have to wait for another couple months. They emailed me last week and said early January so hopefully they’ve turned the corner o_O hopefully...

I’ve got a golden age book, 1968,1972 and about 8 moderns, 1 with sig verification.
Post 465 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:

My order from Terrificon was in grading/labels since November 18th. Just got the email that it shipped today, so you must be next.

Note: Like my Terrificon order, based on your posts, all your comics are pre-1975. I had another order of all Moderns that moved through grading much quicker. So @TheComicDoJo, your order could pass quickly, depending on what it was.

Good to hear @esaravo. I still have one Terrificon invoice that hasn't been delivered, which is my Giant Size Fantastic Four #4.
Post 466 IP   flag post
Quote:
Think I'll start a countdown to 1 yr...see how close I get....think I'm at 22 weeks till 1 yr

Lol! This doesn’t seem like a bad idea. I also am at 22 weeks from 1 yr.
Post 467 IP   flag post
I have some silver age comics that I want to submit. What’s the current tat for fast pass/ no press? Please do not refer me to the TAT calculator. According to that my current order is four months late.
Post 468 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a Update on TAT improvements.... my Submissions and return time;

April 8, 2018..Modern, no fast pass.. Press, VSP, Grade & Encapsulate.. 31 Weeks

May 4, 2018.. Mixed silver & Modern, no fast pass.. Press, VSP, Grade & Encapsulate.. 29 weeks

The Move to Texas

July 3, 2018.. Modern, no fast pass.. Press, VSP, Grade & Encapsulate.. 26 weeks

WOW !!! They are improving (a little happy dance Please)

next up.. August 6, 2018...
Post 469 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift

April 8, 2018..Modern, no fast pass.. Press, VSP, Grade & Encapsulate.. 31 Weeks

May 4, 2018.. Mixed silver & Modern, no fast pass.. Press, VSP, Grade & Encapsulate.. 29 weeks

The Move to Texas

July 3, 2018.. Modern, no fast pass.. Press, VSP, Grade & Encapsulate.. 26 weeks

So from this I am to assume that you have an order from July 3rd that is complete? My order is from June 11 and there has been no movement. I really do not understand.
Post 470 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift

The Move to Texas

So from this I am to assume that you have an order from July 3rd that is complete? My order is from June 11 and there has been no movement. I really do not understand.

yeah...it's stuff like this that makes me worried sometimes...My June 3rd have no movement at all but his July order is done???
Now mine were silver age rather than modern but other than that...they had a press, AWS and no fast pass (same as above).

There's a convention coming up in March that I may go to and at this point even though CBCS will be there, if CGC is also there I know where I'm going for books I might sell and magazine size(newton rings be damned)

Week 32?? baby!!!
Post 471 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Dang. That’s not good. Though the reason I didn’t have a June submission was because of the move. I waited and sent them to the Texas address this was before they came out with the pressing address in Florida. So my books went from Texas to Florida then pressed and sent back to Texas for completion
This makes no sense at all. I would think that the June books would have went a head
Hopefully someone at CBCS is monitoring this thread and digs out the buried June books.
Damn where are the June books. Hey pepino look for June. No mas July. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦‍♂️😂. 🖖 lol

Post 472 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Gotlift lol, that image is spot on
Post 473 IP   flag post
Well, I got notification today that one of my invoices from SDCC has hit shipping (no pressing), but one of mine from earlier (no pressing) has not shipped yet. Weird!
Post 474 IP   flag post
Collector roasty private msg quote post Address this user
If I were management, I would want to know:

Is the turn around time getting longer or shorter? Is the backlog getting worse or better?

Is order volume increasing or decreasing?

At the current rate, how long until a critical checkpoint is reached - if TAT is getting better, how long until the TAT is at the desired/competitive point?

What is the bottleneck, and how do we improve performance?
Post 475 IP   flag post
I know this isn't manufacturing but I love when the bottleneck just keeps moving and the production guys keep asking for $$$.

If we get this machine we can produce 4000 units an hour!! So you get the machine and the production rates don't increase as promised - so you ask - what happened guys?? Oh well THAT machine can go that fast but this other piece of equipment down stream over here can only go this fast!! Well guys that means your whole payback model was flawed!! Now instead of a 4yr payback it's going to be more like 5 or 6 and maybe..just maybe the whole project wouldn't have been given the go ahead if these real numbers were used!!

oh well...just work frustration....and not even part of finance that I deal with anymore

buy yes @roasty, there should be some sort of measureable KPI's (key performance indicators) that the whole process if gauged against and bonuses or pay increased partly based on, and heaven forbid, reporting based on those KPI's could be shared!!
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector stevguitar private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Have you tried calling in? As soon as I called my books changed to grading and labels and shipped within 2 weeks.

You have to call a lot to get through but for whatever reason coincidence or me calling my books moved right after I spoke to someone
Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector roasty private msg quote post Address this user
FYI... I just received a shipment of 50 books submitted on Sept 30.

These were mainly quickstream and expanded, with no pressing.
Post 478 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Pressing through like June 12 is done and should be in Dallas on Friday. They may not get everything checked in until Wednesday or Thursday of next week because of the holiday. Expect those orders to be graded and into the slab room shortly after.

This quote is 19 days ago. Shouldn't these have been scanned in by now?

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass. I have consistently stated that I support CBCS and that I know how hard it is to work through a backlog. I am just getting concerned since it looks like it may be eight months or more before these come back. I am days away from my seven month mark without any change. I was optimistic that they would be back in December but realistically thought that they would be done by now.

Is it because I have expanded and modern with 2 of the 7 pressing on the same invoice?

The only thing to do is wait and try to keep track of where everyone else is.
Post 479 IP   flag post
UPDATE:

I called Customer Service today and got through on the second try. I talked to an excellent employee (I tried to remember his name, but I forgot.) He was very polite and informative. He's located at the Clearwater site and very familiar with the pressing. He looked up my order and provided me with some insight that I will pass on here.

1. ALL books from June have been pressed and shipped to the Dallas Site. Mine and approximately 100 other orders were delivered there on 12/19 and the rest of the month were received there about a week later.
2. The dashboard/invoice will not update until the books have been scanned in by the graders not just received by the Dallas site.
3. Pressed books get moved up the queue due to already being in the system through the long pressing process. So this means my order should begin grading in the next couple of days.
4. There isn't a standard for the amount of time that books spend at any particular stage as there are way too many variables. Amount of current orders, size of individual orders, tiers, and bottlenecks at various stages. Books could be marked in grading, graded and waiting for labels. The won't change status until they are moved into the next phase not when they are finished with the previous stage.
5. The CUSTOMER INTERFACE is being updated in February. Redundancies should be removed. He discussed the uselessness of the PROCESSING on customer dashboards. Also it is redundant to click on dashboard and then click on invoice. Expect the dashboard to provide a greater update on your order. I think this is one of the greatest needs of the site.
6. Turnaround times are improving, but bottleneck/logjams keep appearing in different areas of the process. This is part of the process as things improve.

I know that this is a long post, but I was very frustrated and confused prior to the call. I thanked him for his time and for putting my mind at ease. My experience with CBCS staff online, on the phone, and in person has been excellent. They have an excellent product and friendly,knowledgeable staff that are second to none. Better turnaround times and a better customer interface will make a huge difference. There is a light at the end of this tunnel.
Post 480 IP   flag post
601269 999 30