Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector stevguitar private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Im probably going again to NFCC, like you said no big announcement that catches my eyes yet. Me and the wife go each year and now with our daughter we go, so its reason to do a family trip.

With pressing I'll agree you're probably a couple weeks behind me, however things didn't really get moving until I called and got through to a rep. Coincidence? maybe? probably.
Post 376 IP   flag post
Collector Jesselusk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo_beardo
Order received on 7/15, still in processing.
9 weeks overdue from original estimate... 3 weeks overdue beyond the “4-6 week delay” the TAT calculator states.

Email inquiry sent on December 6th, still no response.

Haven’t been able to reach CS over the phone, either (13 attempts over the last 10 days)

Delays, while frustrating, are understandable... not being able to reach anybody in CS or billing to get an update on the delay is unacceptable.

Keeping hope alive I get them by the end of the year, at least...
Quote:
Order received on 7/15, still in processing.
9 weeks overdue from original estimate... 3 weeks overdue beyond the “4-6 week delay” the TAT calculator states.

Email inquiry sent on December 6th, still no response.

Haven’t been able to reach CS over the phone, either (13 attempts over the last 10 days)

Delays, while frustrating, are understandable... not being able to reach anybody in CS or billing to get an update on the delay is unacceptable.

Keeping hope alive I get them by the end of the year, at least...

If I were to guess right, your comics will probably be graded next week or soon after. Mine were received the first week in July and I got them back today. They went into grading mid last week. My dashboard showed when they went into grading and then didn’t Update until they were shipped.you are almost there.
Post 377 IP   flag post
Collector robo_beardo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesselusk thanks for the info!
Tried calling 6 more times today... so it’s nice to get an update from someone haha
Post 378 IP   flag post
Collector Drahcir private msg quote post Address this user
For those who are curious, my modern Fast Pass sub went from Received to Grading after 4 weeks.
Post 379 IP   flag post
Collector Trixster private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterday I noticed that my 8 modern submissions have changed to Grading but my Rapid submission still says Received. Received by CBCS 7/11/18. So maybe by the end of the year (fingers and toes crossed).
Post 380 IP   flag post

Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorneArt
Quote:
Quote:
I am sitting on week 8 of a 3 book order, Modern VSP Fastpass (7 week turnaround) last update I got was that they were delayed out to 10 weeks, so I am looking at near the end of November.

I just hit week 10 and the invoice still sits at "Submitted" So, it seems that the extended lag is now spread to FastPass holders.

I just got my email from CBCS that my order is completed and ready to be shipped! So about 12 weeks for VSP/Fastpass

I just got my order!! *happy dance*
Post 381 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixster
Yesterday I noticed that my 8 modern submissions have changed to Grading but my Rapid submission still says Received. Received by CBCS 7/11/18. So maybe by the end of the year (fingers and toes crossed).

You paid for the 1 week rapid service and are still waiting since July???
Post 382 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulz
My real problem is don’t tell customers hay we know we are behind tell them end of one month then tell them the next in email and not do as promised

That was a issue that has been addressed, and hopefully you will not see any longer.
Post 383 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Quote:

You paid for the 1 week rapid service and are still waiting since July???

Is this all the same order?
Post 384 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@Darryl_H This one confused me too. It sounds like it may be about two orders. At least I hope it is.
Post 385 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure it's the same, but has anyone noticed any difference in the accuracy of the grading with all the new hiring?
Post 386 IP   flag post
Finally, after 26 attempts I finally reached someone on the phone.
I was told my order received on 7/15 (no pressing or signature verification) would “probably” ship the first or second week of January...
Post 387 IP   flag post
Collector CLT private msg quote post Address this user
FYI.....
Order #3 -- 11 books Modern / no Fast / no Press / no Sig
* June 15th -- Dropped off at Heroes Con in Charlotte, NC
* July 3rd -- Marked Received
* Oct 17th -- Marked as Grading
* Dec 4th -- Marked as completed
* Dec 12th -- Arrived at my door
Post 388 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT
FYI.....

I haven’t even flipped to grading!
By that timetable I’m still looking at 2 months??
That can’t be right... right?
Post 389 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT
FYI.....

I haven’t even flipped to grading!
By that timetable I’m still looking at 2 months??
That can’t be right... right?

Your submission was one month behind his. I would expect 3-4 more weeks unless you got pressing. Good Luck. We all feel your pain, but the books will come.
Post 390 IP   flag post
Collector Drahcir private msg quote post Address this user
For those interested
I had 6 Modern FP and 2 Expanded FP received by CBCS ~Nov 9.
I received the shipping notice Dec. 12
Post 391 IP   flag post
Collector Lsmrph private msg quote post Address this user
My order says completed but have no email or tracking info. I’ve emailed but haven’t gotten a response yet.
Post 392 IP   flag post
Collector Medic347 private msg quote post Address this user
FYI got 2 books back submitted in Phoniex on 6/15/18 today that have signature witnessed on both - Have a book that Mad Ox Games and Comics supposedly submitted end of May early June still not back from CBCS according to them.
Post 393 IP   flag post
Collector Nateverine private msg quote post Address this user
So my GF and I both sent in our items at SDCC 2018. On july 30 they were received by CBCS. They never updated my GF but she received her single submission(Batman 181)yesterday 12/13/18. That was nearly 8 weeks after the original window of 8-12 weeks, I have not received any of my submission, I submitted multiple comics and haven't had any notable progress made.I will be waiting for roughly 20 weeks by Christmas. Not please to say the least, I wish CBCS would be more responsible with their expected delays, when we submitted they said there MIGHT BE a 2-3 weeks delay, which was clearly just something to say that would keep us from going to the cgc booth, I feel insulted by the seemingly lackadaisical effort put through by CBCS staff on updating and being generally accurate. Probably would not recommend them to others but I will wait to see what they are able to produce before deciding.
Post 394 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I mailed CBCS books after the close of NYCC - Oct. 8th

No press, but I fast passed them to have them before the holidays.

They will arrive Tuesday - Dec. 18th.

The books I sent in for pressing FP and grading FP are still in received.
Post 395 IP   flag post
Yeah, I feel a lack of transparency regarding TAT.
The calculator still says 4-6 weeks, which is clearly not accurate.
The first time I was able to reach someone on the phone, about 3 weeks ago (which was 6 weeks after my initial 12 week estimate) I was told to expect them “mid December”
Now, mid December, I manage to reach another rep, and they tell me to expect them back the first or second week of January!
That will be 6 months after I submitted.
And who’s to say that I won’t be back on the phone with them then, just to find out it’s now going to be February.

I just don’t want to be strung along. I get that stuff happens, and I’d prefer to not have my books delayed... but if there is a delay, just be upfront and set the correct expectations.
Very disappointed in this experience...
Post 396 IP   flag post
Collector Sackolantern private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted 7 books at Raleigh Supercon July 29th that included 5 witnessed signature, and 2 signature verifications (Adam Hughes head sketches, then fully colored by Alison Sohn). After reading this thread, I'm re-evaluating my expectations past 5 months (end of 2018) and into 2019 some time. I'm now laughing that a limited series where i had #1 witnessed may actually be be completely finished by the time I get the #1 back. >:[
Post 397 IP   flag post
Collector Mintcondition private msg quote post Address this user
Just received shipping email for order received 7/23.
Post 398 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Order from Rhode Island Comic Con (11-3) billed 12-6 went to grading today, the invoice said they were in labels. Three modern ASP with fastpass and no pressing. If they mail by the end of next week they will have made their 6 week estimate.
Post 399 IP   flag post
7/15 just went into grading
Post 400 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My Terrificon order that I dropped off on 7/18, is listed as grading this morning (and the invoice says labels). I haven’t seen an email yet (I haven’t checked my junk mail folder). This order was 15 BA, CA, and a few Moderns. No pressing or fast pass.
Post 401 IP   flag post
Collector DOconnell2323 private msg quote post Address this user
My order finally went into shipping today. How long does it usually take from them to actually ship? just curious. They have my email wrong so they wont be able to send me a shipping email. Also how do you find out the grades online? I have 5 books and the invoice says shipping but no grades were posted.
Post 402 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@DOconnell2323 - You will know when they have shipped, because that's when your order is removed from "Open Orders" and it goes into your "Order History." Once that happens, you can see the grades.
Post 403 IP   flag post
Collector DOconnell2323 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo hope that happens soon lol but i doubt it since its been since July that i gave my books to them. I hope i get them before christmas
Post 404 IP   flag post
@DOconnell2323 - I hear you. I have two orders in grading right now. Maybe Santa will perform a Christmas miracle so I can get one of them back for Christmas.
Post 405 IP   flag post
600847 999 30