Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Drahcir private msg quote post Address this user
So do we have any idea on TAT for things like Modern w/ FP or Expanded w/ FP both without pressing?
From what I've gathered the bigger delays are in pressing/no FP, but I'm not positive on that.

Not impatient at all, just curious about the current state of things.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
Pre-Screen modern received week of June 25 went from Grading to QC yesterday (Thursday).
Post 352 IP   flag post
Collector stevguitar private msg quote post Address this user
Got my tracking # last night and my grading info, after my books changed to grading everything went pretty quickly. Probably took a week after that to go to shipping.

Books were dropped off at NFCC on June 4th and my expected arrival date is next thursday.

Pretty bummed with 1 of my grades but obviously thats no fault of CBCS, thats just me being bummed about it.

It was my first time doing grading so I only dropped off 4 books

DC comics presents 26 - got a 7.0 (bummed)
DC comics presents 47 - 8.5
Transformers #1 - 9.4
Omega men # 3 - 9.4

I'll make my final decision when I get my books back but this experience of long delays probably hasn't deterred me away fom submitting again but I will probably wait until the TATS are better or submit again at NFCC if they're there.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
I'm out of town now, but my book arrived today. It was well over 22 weeks from start to finish, and the journey began as very frustrating. Had to arrange to have someone at the house because I didn't know until I got the shipping notification that a signature was required...

Despite these frustrations, there were only a few times CBCS was not reachable, and in those instances, a second or third try got me through to a customer service rep.

All in all, I have few complaints. Jake and Lisa in particular deserve a shout out for always answering my questions in a quick and informative manner.

Now to get my next batch ready for submission - but I think I'll do Fast Pass on this bunch so I'm waiting a little less.

Thank you CBCS - and for those of you who are still frustrated, don't worry. I have confidence that you'll eventually have a smile on your face too. It's just the wait that's a killer.

For those of you who are curious - my Conan #1 came back as a 4.5. It's low grade, but I'm not complaining, given that I picked up a lot containing #1-8 for a song and dance. This graded issue paid for all eight issues.
Post 354 IP   flag post
Collector dameki private msg quote post Address this user
I got my shipping and grades today. Happy about most of the grades disappointed with my ASM #300 and Venom Lethal Protector. Submitted fast press and fast press on 9/27. I'm extremely delighted that my Secret Wars 8 got a 9.8.
Post 355 IP   flag post

Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
I have been waiting for the invoice to change. I had hoped that there would be movement this week, but doesn't look like that will happen. I have two in pressing and that seems to be a bottleneck right now. My June 11 submissission was not fast passed. I see that June orders are shipping out from standard grading, but does anyone know where Pressing is in the completion process? If you item was recently shipped and you had pressing, when did you submit?
Post 356 IP   flag post
Collector metaljeff private msg quote post Address this user
A bit disappointed myself with the turnaround times. Sent 75 comics to CGC and 4 to CBCS within a week of each other. Already have my CGC books back and the ones that CBCS has still haven't even been graded. I personally thought it was going to be the other way around.
Post 357 IP   flag post
Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
The emails from CBCS currently lag the status updates. As I said before when my week of June 25th pre-screen modern order went from "Received" to "Grading" I didn't get the email until four or five days later. Now I am getting tracking emails from FedEx - which started Friday (12/7) - for two packages from CBCS but I haven't gotten a shipping email from CBCS yet. Probably get it today.
Post 358 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H Good morning sir.

On 11/1/18 Mr. Jeromy Murray (VP Beckett Grading/Authentication & CBCS) informed me via e-mail that a refund of $385 would be provided due to cancellation of order #18-23F85C5. I received the return of my books, but have yet to receive the refund check as of 12/8/18. Would you please look into the status of the refund? I would like to know if the check has been released/mailed. I tried the customer service e-mail, but all I got was the automated robo-mail response.

Thank you for your time & attention.

V/R,
Baba
Post 359 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament let me get you a update...
Post 360 IP   flag post
Collector Mintcondition private msg quote post Address this user
I am also still waiting on a refund for an overcharge on my books. I was double charged.
Post 361 IP   flag post
Collector K2S0 private msg quote post Address this user
On Saturday, I received an e-mail saying my submissions are ready to be shipped and that I should be receiving a Fed Ex notification. However on my dashboard, it says the books are still processing.
Post 362 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2S0
On Saturday, I received an e-mail saying my submissions are ready to be shipped and that I should be receiving a Fed Ex notification. However on my dashboard, it says the books are still processing.

Dashboards are lagging progress. Check your invoice and see what it states.
Post 363 IP   flag post
Collector K2S0 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2S0

Dashboards are lagging progress. Check your invoice and see what it states.

Says shipping! Thanks for the info and explanation. I guess I've been antsy as the last time I sent a book to get slabbed was 14 years ago!
Post 364 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevguitar
Got my tracking # last night and my grading info, after my books changed to grading everything went pretty quickly. Probably took a week after that to go to shipping.

Books were dropped off at NFCC on June 4th and my expected arrival date is next thursday.

Pretty bummed with 1 of my grades but obviously thats no fault of CBCS, thats just me being bummed about it.

It was my first time doing grading so I only dropped off 4 books

DC comics presents 26 - got a 7.0 (bummed)
DC comics presents 47 - 8.5
Transformers #1 - 9.4
Omega men # 3 - 9.4

I'll make my final decision when I get my books back but this experience of long delays probably hasn't deterred me away fom submitting again but I will probably wait until the TATS are better or submit again at NFCC if they're there.

At least good to hear you have your books back!!! - I submitted at the same convention but had pressing - probably a few more weeks for me???

Debating weather to go to the NFCC next year - so far no one I'm too interested in - already have sketches etc from Perez...maybe try and get 1 or 2 more??
Post 365 IP   flag post
Collector utilitymoose private msg quote post Address this user
Recieved my book from cbcs today, witnessed signature submitted at Amazing Las Vegas comic con 6/30 no fast pass, press etc
Post 366 IP   flag post
Collector Venomade private msg quote post Address this user
Book I dropped off at ECCC just shipped, may 9th receive date with press and 2 authentic sigs.
Post 367 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H Thank you sir.
Post 368 IP   flag post
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by utilitymoose
Recieved my book from cbcs today, witnessed signature submitted at Amazing Las Vegas comic con 6/30 no fast pass, press etc
okay, where's my order from Alvcc. Still not even listed at grading.
Post 369 IP   flag post
Collector robo_beardo private msg quote post Address this user
Order received on 7/15, still in processing.
9 weeks overdue from original estimate... 3 weeks overdue beyond the “4-6 week delay” the TAT calculator states.

Email inquiry sent on December 6th, still no response.

Haven’t been able to reach CS over the phone, either (13 attempts over the last 10 days)

Delays, while frustrating, are understandable... not being able to reach anybody in CS or billing to get an update on the delay is unacceptable.

Keeping hope alive I get them by the end of the year, at least...
Post 370 IP   flag post
Collector Mintcondition private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted July 3 at supercon. Received July 23. Went to grading last week. Today it reached labels.
Post 371 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@robo_beardo Have you been using the new phone number? It is only answered during business hours. 239-234-1673

And are you just going by your dashboard?? You may need to open the invoice to find out current status.
Post 372 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O yes, I’ve been using the new number, and checking my invoice :/
Post 373 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo_beardo
9 weeks overdue from original estimate... 3 weeks overdue beyond the “4-6 week delay” the TAT calculator states.

Haven’t been able to reach CS over the phone, either (13 attempts over the last 10 days)

Delays, while frustrating, are understandable... not being able to reach anybody in CS or billing to get an update on the delay is unacceptable.

Post 374 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I've been doing the same thing. Made several calls to the new number with no answer and only received an automated response via email. Neither dashboard nor invoice updated after listed as received.

I did receive an automated email on 7-17-18, stating my comics have been received by Cbcs but I haven't received any update since. Hoping to get in touch with someone this week to confirm what stage my order is in.

Sorry for the two separate posts, I'm on a lot of medication.
Post 375 IP   flag post
Collector stevguitar private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Im probably going again to NFCC, like you said no big announcement that catches my eyes yet. Me and the wife go each year and now with our daughter we go, so its reason to do a family trip.

With pressing I'll agree you're probably a couple weeks behind me, however things didn't really get moving until I called and got through to a rep. Coincidence? maybe? probably.
Post 376 IP   flag post
Collector Jesselusk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Quote:

If I were to guess right, your comics will probably be graded next week or soon after. Mine were received the first week in July and I got them back today. They went into grading mid last week. My dashboard showed when they went into grading and then didn’t Update until they were shipped.you are almost there.
Post 377 IP   flag post
@Jesselusk thanks for the info!
Tried calling 6 more times today... so it’s nice to get an update from someone haha
Post 378 IP   flag post
Collector Drahcir private msg quote post Address this user
For those who are curious, my modern Fast Pass sub went from Received to Grading after 4 weeks.
Post 379 IP   flag post
Collector Trixster private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterday I noticed that my 8 modern submissions have changed to Grading but my Rapid submission still says Received. Received by CBCS 7/11/18. So maybe by the end of the year (fingers and toes crossed).
Post 380 IP   flag post
601333 999 30