Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
The last thread for discussing turnaround times filled up so here's a new one to continue with.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Kalistyles private msg quote post Address this user
Have things gotten better? I know I got my books back in 13 weeks with fast track. They said up to 12 weeks. Pretty close.
Post 2 IP   flag post
CBCS TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@Kalistyles More people were hired within the last couple of weeks and we're starting to make some headway towards getting things back on track. It'll be a bit chaotic for a little while with not much rhyme or reason as to orders getting out the door. Orders from March, April & May in particular are taking priority for obvious reason that they're the ones that are most past due.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Kalistyles private msg quote post Address this user
Cool. Glad to hear. I actually really like CBCS. I'm glad you guys hired more people. I look forward to sending in more books in the near future.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I have had a few orders in the label/encapsulation room for nearly a month now. Not sure why they are taking so long in that area. Im well over the 12 week time frame. Uggg...such is life.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
good to hear things are moving along better
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Guy private msg quote post Address this user
FYI for everyone...

so this is weird, when I look at my invoice on mobile, it shows I haven’t paid and “submitted” from July 5. BUT, if I look at my invoice on a desktop it says I’ve paid and order is in “labels.”

Just an FYI, maybe some that haven’t had a status change my want to check their invoice on a desktop pc.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
i'm at 17 weeks and still waiting, just cause 1 person got this books back almost on time does not make it better.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Wednesday is Week 21; or as it says on my invoice, "Processed within 13 weeks after receipt."

#Soon
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my shipping email. I don't know when the books will actually be in my hands, but it will be ~27-28 weeks on my 25 week order (moderns with pressing, no fast pass). That's way better than I expected given the general delays and the specific updates on my order along the way.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector stevguitar private msg quote post Address this user
Im approaching roughly 20 weeks this weds. I understand the wait, I just wish the dashboard tracker was more accurate. Mine has 3 different spots my books can be in submitted, received and processing.

With the pose above I guess I can probably expect my books either around the end of November or sometime during December.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@stevguitar Niagara Falls Comicon??
20 or 21 weeks of 24 for me - mine all have pressing though so I guess late December or Jan rather than mid/late November if on time??
Every once in a while I forget what I sent in!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector nrad private msg quote post Address this user
I'm at 20 weeks from received date (4 VSP books). My invoice now says Labels but the dashboard says grading. Assuming the invoice is correct, I'm not sure how long it takes from labels to shipping but based on the other TAT posts I could be waiting another month or two. Is anyone else worried about books coming while they are out of town for the holidays?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector stevguitar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@stevguitar Niagara Falls Comicon??
20 or 21 weeks of 24 for me - mine all have pressing though so I guess late December or Jan rather than mid/late November if on time??
Every once in a while I forget what I sent in!!


Yeah we're in the same boat with timeline, I did'nt do the pressing though, thinking I should have but whatever. But I would think since I did'nt do the pressing I'd have mine before yours? maybe? I don't know.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrad
I'm at 20 weeks from received date (4 VSP books). My invoice now says Labels but the dashboard says grading. Assuming the invoice is correct, I'm not sure how long it takes from labels to shipping but based on the other TAT posts I could be waiting another month or two. Is anyone else worried about books coming while they are out of town for the holidays?


yes i will be on VAC the last 2 week of DEC. i hope they dont ship then.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
I just got my shipping email. I don't know when the books will actually be in my hands, but it will be ~27-28 weeks on my 25 week order (moderns with pressing, no fast pass). That's way better than I expected given the general delays and the specific updates on my order along the way.


I'm going on 27 weeks with fast pass pressing. Was quoted at 24 weeks and I have been in labels since Sept 18. Should be any moment now that the beloved "shipping" email hits.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector nrad private msg quote post Address this user
@Scorpion same here, and based on the posts there is a high chance it will come during the 2 weeks i will be away, which really pisses me off.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Johnjakewish private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
@Kalistyles More people were hired within the last couple of weeks and we're starting to make some headway towards getting things back on track. It'll be a bit chaotic for a little while with not much rhyme or reason as to orders getting out the door. Orders from March, April & May in particular are taking priority for obvious reason that they're the ones that are most past due.


My order from March, that I’ve had for a couple of months, is still showing processing. Ie. no access to grading notes. Are issues like this being resolved soon as well?
Post 18 IP   flag post
CBCS TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@Johnjakewish Send an email to the office with the order number and they'll get it fixed. You might not get an instantaneous response but they can manually update the status in the system so you'll be able to access the grading notes.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Kalistyles private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrad
@Scorpion same here, and based on the posts there is a high chance it will come during the 2 weeks i will be away, which really pisses me off.


If you have a Walgreens, Shaw's, Star Market, or any of the companies listed on the FedEx website they actually will deliver your package to those stores and they will lock it up and hold it for you and then you can just pick it up there. I just did that on my recent order. I had no idea they had that option.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Johnjakewish private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
@Johnjakewish Send an email to the office with the order number and they'll get it fixed. You might not get an instantaneous response but they can manually update the status in the system so you'll be able to access the grading notes.


Thank you Tim for quickly resolving this issue for me. I appreciate it.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrad
I'm at 20 weeks from received date (4 VSP books). My invoice now says Labels but the dashboard says grading. Assuming the invoice is correct, I'm not sure how long it takes from labels to shipping but based on the other TAT posts I could be waiting another month or two. Is anyone else worried about books coming while they are out of town for the holidays?


yes i will be on VAC the last 2 week of DEC. i hope they dont ship then.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nrad
@Scorpion same here, and based on the posts there is a high chance it will come during the 2 weeks i will be away, which really pisses me off.


Someone should start a "Don't ship my books yet" thread.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrad
Is anyone else worried about books coming while they are out of town for the holidays?


yes i will be on VAC the last 2 week of DEC. i hope they dont ship then.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nrad
@Scorpion same here, and based on the posts there is a high chance it will come during the 2 weeks i will be away, which really pisses me off.


Someone should start a "Don't ship my books yet" thread.


https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
So I am on week 20 of a 24 week turnaround. I usually check my invoice daily in hopes that it has moved from pressing (2 of the 7 in the order were to be pressed). I know that the order will eventually have to travel from Fl to Tx. I wonder how long that will take. It has been stated that the backlog is in the encapsulation step. I know that most are upset about the TAT, but I am just excited that they are getting closer to the day that they will be on to the next step. I'm hopeful that CBCS will get caught up soon. From some posts, it seems that way but then others make me think that it is still a long way off.

Am I just torturing myself by the daily invoice checks? LOL doesn't matter because they will be here when they get here.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@mrelowe Good to here they are making progress!

Mine are also week 20 of 24 with pressing but have not moved any stages on the invoice(s) - hope it's just a glitch!!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector nrad private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics what does "week 20 of 24" mean? Were you told it would take 24 weeks?...from where?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrad
@KatKomics what does "week 20 of 24" mean? Were you told it would take 24 weeks?...from where?

TAT calculator and on initial invoice had an estimated 24 week turn around from time of receipt.

Your invoice should say 'processed within XX weeks after receipt' or something similar to that when you click into it on the dash board, likewise if you click into the PDF it should show stages as it progresses through the system.

Fully expect delays..just not sure how long, and like I say I have had no advancement of status on the various places to look at your invoice
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Pelleusmc private msg quote post Address this user
12 weeks really? I am on 25 weeks and it is still processing
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelleusmc
12 weeks really? I am on 25 weeks and it is still processing

Pretty sure they are prioritizing the older submissions, that in conjunction with the invoice updates not updating I have heard of people coming home to find their books delivered while still at processing on the site!!

Maybe you'll get lucky soon! - fingers crossed for you
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Friday (10/26/2018) is six weeks delay plus the TAT guesstimator!

So, how should I calibrate my expectations regarding a shipping e-mail? Guardedly optimistic? Cautiously hopeful? Somewhere between "infinitesimal" and "forget it"?


Post 30 IP   flag post
211086 210 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.
destitute