Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

[POLL] Which logo and label do you prefer?768

Collector JDM private msg quote post Address this user
With the new logo/label redesign, it would be nice to know what everyone thinks. So I figured I'd post these polls.

Which logo do you prefer?
Vote: http://www.strawpoll.me/10767066

Which label do you prefer?
Vote: http://www.strawpoll.me/10767067

Maybe CBCS will see this and take customer opinion into consideration.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM
With the new logo/label redesign, it would be nice to know what everyone thinks. So I figured I'd post these polls.

Which logo do you prefer?
Vote: http://www.strawpoll.me/10767066

Which label do you prefer?
Vote: http://www.strawpoll.me/10767067

Maybe CBCS will see this and take customer opinion into consideration.

3rd option .. Call CBCS Office (and they will definitely hear you)
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector akionabr private msg quote post Address this user
I know they must have seen the responses in this forum and their facebook page, I wonder if they will still stick to this "no more old label" thing. I really hope not.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Muaythaiguy private msg quote post Address this user
I dont think cbcs are going to change their new logo and label.
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muaythaiguy

That's a discouraging thought.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector akionabr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

That's a discouraging thought.

Very discouraging thought LOL.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector HelmOhio private msg quote post Address this user
I'll get used to whatever they stick with. Still want a census though...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
As I stated in the main thread I dont care for the new label. I understand and except that change happens but to force the new label on customers that paid for the old one Is inexcusable.

Label changes should have been applied from the announcement date going forward (15th/16th). Any books submitted after that date would get the new label.

Additionally all images on the website should be changed to the new label style since you no longer sell the current product pictured.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
As I stated in the main thread I dont care for the new label. I understand and except that change happens but to force the new label on customers that paid for the old one Is inexcusable.

You didn't pay for the label, you paid for your book to get graded.

Quote:
Label changes should have been applied from the announcement date going forward (15th/16th). Any books submitted after that date would get the new label.

They were, and any books submitted after that date, will get a new label.

Quote:
Additionally all images on the website should be changed to the new label style since you no longer sell the current product pictured.

I'm sure images will be changed shortly to reflect their new design.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector zab47 private msg quote post Address this user
u can talk about lables but what do u get for the bang of your buck I am new with cbcs and grading house change lables just to stay on top of 1 another no other real reason by bang is what u get for what we spend had 2 of the same issues of a comic and sent 1 here other to cgc here I got a 8.5 while at cgc same comic 9.5 I am new and went by the overstreet gradeing guide and know if there was a difference there would be no point difference in any way 1/2 maybe but I could not see it a friend who collects comics could not figure this out either

explain zab47 yes I am new bees
Post 10 IP   flag post
@KenWorthing Thank you for your input but unfortunately youre wrong. I paid for a product and service. Obviously the grading is part of it but the case and label is the main factor to many many people. The protection provided by the case and the aestheticly pleasing label are the main factors for my purchases.

As for the dates on the changes I was referring to the announcement that anything after the 11th will be changed. Thats 4-5 prior to the offical announcement. That extra 4 days could have given me more time to put a hold on my order.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector zab47 private msg quote post Address this user
as I said I am new to here and comics that I only read as a kid and traded off so now I am looking for advice and learning todyas product a lot has changed since 1965 when I graduated high school now I am looking for investment ideas and going back in years to my kid hood

please take no offence and now I have learned a new concept in thinkin and writeing in my bucket list of learning
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
@KenWorthing Thank you for your input but unfortunately youre wrong. I paid for a product and service. Obviously the grading is part of it but the case and label is the main factor to many many people. The protection provided by the case and the aestheticly pleasing label are the main factors for my purchases.

As for the dates on the changes I was referring to the announcement that anything after the 11th will be changed. Thats 4-5 prior to the offical announcement. That extra 4 days could have given me more time to put a hold on my order.

No problem at all, but I think it's best if you phone up the office where you'll be guaranteed that you'll be listened to.

Although CBCS staff pass through here, talking directly to them at source rather than a message board may get you better results. Good luck
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
I may be in the minority in that I like the new label/log, however I find myself in agreement with most folks who feel like the way it's all been handled is not indicative of a first class corporation.
First, the buildup led all to believe something truly special was in the offing. Then to make the announcement after the change is already in effect is thoughtless. Not even affording the customers an opportunity to have any input on the design change shows a lack of caring. Finally, not even a word yet addressing the customers concerns is improper and frankly, a bit egotistical. So yes a company with the reputation of outstanding customer relations like CBCS to handle the whole situation as it has is disappointing.
I myself am happy with the redesign.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector DannyBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If this is true, then their attitude is no better than CGC's. And I think CBCS is above that. Only time will tell.

As I type this, 81% prefer the old label.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@KenWorthing thanks. Im just waiting til the offices open mon morning. I suppose im just letting my situation be known on these forums in the meantime.

I only noticed this change last night. I doubt many will notice until they actually recieve thier books. You have to go through 14 pages to find the july 11th announcement, thats what is wrong about this whole thing.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
Quote:

If this is true, then their attitude is no better than CGC's.

Whether or not CBCS changes their label, this statement is incorrect.

Some people prefer the old label, some prefer the new. It wouldn't be cool to have your somebody's personal preference override somebody else's. If CBCS were to give the option on which label you'd get (for the time being, at least), that would be awesome!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Arikhan private msg quote post Address this user
I suspect what will likely happen is that we will not see a full reversal to the old label or a wholesale redesign.

Instead they will quietly refine the new label over the next several months. CBCS could do minor tweaks on the colors or fonts, remove or enhance the rivet graphics etc.

For what its worth, I can live with this. My books went to grading on the morning of the 11th or 12th, so they were probably among the first to get the new label.

I am not a huge fan of the new look, but I can live with it if the grading remains top notch and the case stays the same.

I plan on keeping my books as-slabbed, even if they offered to reslab them with a newer/older/enhanced label I would not resubmit. But instead look forward to any future changes.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy

If this is true, then their attitude is no better than CGC's. And I think CBCS is above that. Only time will tell.

As I type this, 81% prefer the old label.

People don't like change. If the new label effects the number of people who use the service you might see a change.

Some perspective might be in order when you start making comparisons. A label and what it looks like is a far cry from introducing a newly designed product that has "issues" and then attempting to cover up those "issues" by blaming your consumers. A label is aesthetics. It doesn't cause newton rings nor does it cause waves or whatever else.

Less than 55 people have voted in the polls that have links to them. Expecting a company to change direction after it has invested money because 37 (total of people in both polls) people have said they like the old packaging instead of the new packaging is far fetched.

Just my 0.2 cents.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
The poll figures I just found were 22 old and 11 new! Surely more that 33 people have voted?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
@KenWorthing to me i paid for grading and for the look of the label that would represent my book in a presentable way. Now i dp still feel that cbcs has a strong slabbing product to protect my book. But I may hold off on future submissions to see what cbcs will do with all these complaints. I am one of the may who had submitted comics thinking that i will be getting the old labels. I am put off knowing that the end product is not what i had expected.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
The poll figures I just found were 22 old and 11 new! Surely more that 33 people have voted?

Why would you think that?
Post 22 IP   flag post
The sheer numbers of people who have been vocal in this matter, that's why.
Post 23 IP   flag post
The numbers are probably on the side of non-responding at all (that is they may care either way or not at all but don't go to the Facebook page or forums). Going through the announcement thread it is mostly the same members over and over arguing one way or the other. On the facebook page it is not much different.

I would assume that there are many who don't care, those that like and dislike it. However, only a few of those will voice their opinion. Based on some of the hostility some of the dislikers many people who like or don't care will not speak up because they fear reprisal.

The poll is going to attract those that have been the most vocal either way as it is just another means of graphically representing their view. For the most part it is polling the small portion of people that are most vocal in the first place and not the wider membership.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
The numbers are probably on the side of non-responding at all (that is they may care either way or not at all but don't go to the Facebook page or forums). Going through the announcement thread it is mostly the same members over and over arguing one way or the other. On the facebook page it is not much different.

I would assume that there are many who don't care, those that like and dislike it. However, only a few of those will voice their opinion. Based on some of the hostility some of the dislikers many people who like or don't care will not speak up because they fear reprisal.

The poll is going to attract those that have been the most vocal either way as it is just another means of graphically representing their view. For the most part it is polling the small portion of people that are most vocal in the first place and not the wider membership.
Very salient points. A good perspective.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That would be unfortunate. "My way or highway" doesn't have to be the only option. If CBCS decided to offer a choice between either design I bet everyone would be onboard.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Concerning the logo only, and considering CBCS is a newish company, it seems that CBCS would want to keep the original logo to establish visual consistency. People are creatures of habit and also develop associations with symbols. The new logo is still a shield, but to me, it appears vastly different to the original logo, not to mention less appealing.

Imagine if Adidas suddenly added a fourth stripe or Nike altered their swoosh. It just doesn't make sense to mess with an established logo design unless it is a brand new company logo that does not appeal to consumers. I don't think that is the case with CBCS. Their original shield logo looked fantastic to me.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Every time I see a poll about something that people do not like I always see the "most customers/fans/etc do not post on the forum" argument put up by the side that likes the change and is loosing the poll. But guess what, a companies forum is it's direct line of communication to it's customers and fans. They can ONLY hear the opinions of those who voice them. So this might be harsh, but anyone who chooses not to participate in feedback doesn't get their voice heard and their opinion doesn't count. Just like voting in an election, if you sit on the sidelines, you don't have a say in what those who chose to participate decided with their vote.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Every time I see a poll about something that people do not like I always see the "most customers/fans/etc do not post on the forum" argument put up by the side that likes the change and is loosing the poll. But guess what, a companies forum is it's direct line of communication to it's customers and fans. They can ONLY hear the opinions of those who voice them. So this might be harsh, but anyone who chooses not to participate in feedback doesn't get their voice heard and their opinion doesn't count. Just like voting in an election, if you sit on the sidelines, you don't have a say in what those who chose to participate decided with their vote.

Sorry you do not like the truth. But you also prove the point. Those of us who do not like the new label, and I do prefer the old label, never spoke loud enough so the powers that be ASSUMED a label change was necessary.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I voted for numbers but in the end none of it matters except what CBCS choses to do.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600882 35 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?