Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeComics Restoration and ConservationQuestions

Is this comic trimmed?7647

Collector BatCatMan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
Last week I buy this comic for a good price.
After examining it, I realized that it seems to be trimmed.
From the middle to the bottom, there's a space from the pages to the cover, but in the top, thr pages are as wide as the cover.
What do you think?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
You should post full pictures of front and back covers. From this limited information it looks like a spine roll.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Too hard to tell. Homer is correct, we need better pictures.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ok, I post more photos in a better resolution.

Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post
By the way, after saying this to the seller, he told me that he didn't know what I Was talking about.
And said that he bought the comic when it came out on a Newsstand.
But, this comic is a direct edition...

The seller is from the UK, and I noticed that this same comic but in the Newsstand version does not have the price in pounds on the cover.

So my question is, if anyone knows if the Direct Edition versions were the only ones that were distributed in the UK, or if the direct editions are also distributed on Newsstands.
I know this is not something important, but with the answer I can know if the seller has lied.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think it was trimmed. Little bit of a spine roll on back cover. Those books had an overhanging cover overlap from the interior pages. You might have a bit of printer chip on the back cover edges though. 9.0-9.2
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks for your answer,

The seller said that the comic is in FN/VF grade, but I think it's in a highest grade.
if you notice, in some pages from the half to the bottom it seems to be less width than half up.

I don't know how to explain it because I do not speak English perfectly, but do you understand what I mean?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I don't think it was trimmed. Little bit of a spine roll on back cover. Those books had an overhanging cover overlap from the interior pages. You might have a bit of printer chip on the back cover edges though. 9.0-9.2

Agreed.... I think you are over thinking it on this. Many books are often not cut perfect at the time of publishing. Seller's description appears to be accurate if not a bit low. Your time would be much better spent moving on. It is a very minimal book in this grade. Trying to run an inquisition on the seller and where he got the book is bogus and a waste of time. I wouldn't blame the guy if he just blocked you.

Just MHO
Post 9 IP   flag post
ok thanks for your answer and now I have understood that it is not trimmed.
Post 10 IP   flag post
596795 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?