Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Phoenix comicon 2018 May 24-277620

Collector Guy private msg quote post Address this user
I thought this may be a good way to get an idea of when our books will be done.

If you submitted books at the phx comicon back in May, please update this thread with your status, and when your status changes. My books just show “received” as of July 5th.

Thanks all.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Get this my friend..


from ASIA-CON, July 27-29, 2018
2 books modern - no fast pass. Received august 22 - Status right now in GRADING


Phoenix Comicon, May 24-27
38 books modern - no fast pass. received July 4 - Status shows as Received.

I didn't make my payment for the Asia Con books till this past Friday. Go figure.
The Phoenix Comicon batch must have been put on the back burner. :/
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Also, I need to call customer service because the signatures on some of my Phoenix books showed up wrong on the printed invoice.

It's saying Adi Granov signed certain books that I am positive I had Arthur Adams sign.
Lots of those books submitted were Captain Marvel - Ms Marvel books.

Some will have a duel signature but I'm scared because it was an adi Granov variant or Art Adams variant that was a 9.8 that was signed by Kelly Sue D. I took a roll of the dice getting it cracked open for a Granov or Adams signature. I'm hoping I don't drop a grade.

I'm hoping to buy a good press by the end of the year though..

#s00n
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
anyone else submit at Phoenix?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector LotsaSequel private msg quote post Address this user
My order which shows submitted May 23rd is currently in labels.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Poseidon5421 private msg quote post Address this user
17 books, two of them quickstream (due to their age), submitted on 5/26,show received 7/5. Thanks for letting me know about this thread. Here's hoping we get them back by Christmas.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Guy private msg quote post Address this user
All my books except 1 were updated to grading today. The 1 “expanded” book is still showing received.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon5421
17 books, two of them quickstream (due to their age), submitted on 5/26,show received 7/5. Thanks for letting me know about this thread. Here's hoping we get them back by Christmas.



#soon

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Guy private msg quote post Address this user
Invoice was updated today. all books are listed as "labels" with the 1 "expanded" book still showing as just "received" ... not sure why, it's an older book and maybe you need a more experienced grader?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
awesome!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Get this my friend..


from ASIA-CON, July 27-29, 2018
2 books modern - no fast pass. Received august 22 - Status right now in GRADING


Phoenix Comicon, May 24-27
38 books modern - no fast pass. received July 4 - Status shows as Received.

I didn't make my payment for the Asia Con books till this past Friday. Go figure.
The Phoenix Comicon batch must have been put on the back burner. :/


This isn't acceptable.

I'm sorry.

It's just not competitive.

Both these turnaround times are too long, but the Phoenix one is just unremarkable.


...

Look, we all understand that CBCS has had to do some overhauls, the move... all these reasons.
So then, what are the USUAL turnaround times?

If we lived in the perfect scenario, if you dropped off standard Modern books, how long can you expect your books back? 3 months? 6 months? What's CBCS' expectations?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Guy private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t know what’s normal. This is the first time I’ve submitted books. To be honest, I asked to cbcs guy that took my books how long it took and he said 12 weeks max. He also failed to mention the move to Dallas. I think the amount of customers and business cbcs is loosing because of this sucks, because the value of my graded books will go down when they go under.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy
I don’t know what’s normal. This is the first time I’ve submitted books. To be honest, I asked to cbcs guy that took my books how long it took and he said 12 weeks max. He also failed to mention the move to Dallas. I think the amount of customers and business cbcs is loosing because of this sucks, because the value of my graded books will go down when they go under.


Although that would be a major fear of mine as well, CBCS was just acquired by big time company Beckett... so rest assured, you should be safe.
Post 13 IP   flag post
205692 13 13
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.
destitute