Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Hurricane - anywhere close to Pressing??7617

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
So....not super familiar with Florida.
Is this hurricane going to be close to our books off getting pressed?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I hope CFP is ok too. Joe how are things?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
No pressing is close to Tampa. Probably 200 miles south of where it’s supposed to hit land. They will probably get rain but as of now all ok. I live in Naples about 200 miles south of Tampa. We keep a close eye on these storms.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Just bands of wind and thunderstorms here. Nothing bad. The panhandle is a different story. Prayers to anyone in the path of it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
i believe there are somewhere in that red box i made.
give or take

Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
I hope CFP is ok too. Joe how are things?

Storm was about 400 miles away. It did produce some rain and wind, but we get thunderstorms that are much worse every afternoon in the summer.

Thanks for the concern.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
I think rather than being concerned about books - we should be concerned about those who lost their homes or even worse - their lives
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
I think rather than being concerned about books - we should be concerned about those who lost their homes or even worse - their lives

Amen to that!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
One of my buds ...Rick Whitelock, aka GAtor (regular contributor on the other boards who owns New Force Comics)... lives in Panama City which was ground zero for Michael. He and his family are OK, but his home was literally demolished (he described it as unlivable) and he hasn't gotten back to the boards yet on the condition of his inventory, warehouse and store due to lack of power and difficulty getting to his business.
Post 9 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
One of my buds ...Rick Whitelock, aka GAtor (regular contributor on the other boards who owns New Force Comics)... lives in Panama City which was ground zero for Michael. He and his family are OK, but his home was literally demolished (he described it as unlivable) and he hasn't gotten back to the boards yet on the condition of his inventory, warehouse and store due to lack of power and difficulty getting to his business.

It literally looks like an A-Bomb went off around Panama City. Not much remained intact.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Yikes! He's got some good stuff. I hope none of it was lost.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

Yikes! He's got some good stuff. I hope none of it was lost.

While Rick's cell phone still had power he sent us photo taken right outside his front door. Although only one image it will give you some idea of the devastation Michael wrought from someone who was in the thick of it...

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica at least brick house
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I can't even fathom the level of destruction. In just a few hours, mother nature can destroy what has taken us decades, if not hundreds of years to build.
Post 14 IP   flag post
601528 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?