Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaQuestionsSignatures

Help(autographs legit?)7594

Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
Quite some time ago my dad bought me this and I wanna get it verified but I don’t want to spend the money on sending it to get verified unless I’m 90%sure they are I was wondering if you guys can help if it’s worth sending in or not
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MedicAR private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not familiar with the others, but based on the Stan Lee alone, I'd say no.

Sorry...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Kirsten Dunst, Sam Raimi and Lucy Lawless look legit to me...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector MedicAR private msg quote post Address this user
I worried about the Raimi because it doesn't have any flow to it. The ink line has a definitive start and stop point. Compare it to Lucy Lawless' L's. They start in the top left being heavy and lighten as she works her way through the rest of the letter. She also has a heavier line at the beginnings of her other names and lighten as she gets closer to the end.

Kirsten Dunst's might be legit, I've never seen her sig before and is does have it's own flow with lighter and darker points throughout.

Another that I'm not familiar with is Tobey Maguire, however, he has lighter points at the beginning and end of his letters, so another maybe.

Even with Stan Lee's bad signatures, I've never seen him miss his T with the top of his S. I still don't get warm and fuzzies from it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
This is why I’m nervous about sending it some verification but spend a hundred on something that isn’t legit:/
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know the other sigs, but I know Stan's pretty well. Looks kind of off but I got to thinking. Stan always signs while sitting. What if he signed real fast while standing? Might of thrown it off some. His A is always big like that. If it's faked its a good fake. Maybe send it anyway? At least you'll know for sure. Good luck.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Stan's is off, but like others, I'm not convinced it's fake
Post 7 IP   flag post
JSA will be at a card shop 15 from me on the 15th of November I’ll be taking it there that day to verify
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector obiwan1971 private msg quote post Address this user
Don’t like Stan, Franco, Lucy or what I believe to possibly be Toby. I’ve done privates with Lucy and Stan often. Franco is good on street about signing but Toby and dunst weren’t always good on the street when it came to signing
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I agree that the Stan Lee doesn't look right
Have you checked to see if they can verify the book with those raised fastners?
Post 10 IP   flag post
What do you mean
Post 11 IP   flag post
Here's a side by side comparison to an ETSY Reproduction Autographed script...a lot of them look pretty damn close. The Stan Lee...he uses the top of the S to cross the T so there's some traits there that are similar to his and as someone mentioned, if he was rushed he may have missed it. Not like you can go back and fix it after you've signed...I would imagine a bunch of these scripts would have all been signed at the same time...

(For those as curious as I was, signatures are TOBEY MAGUIRE, KIRSTEN DUNST, WILLEM DAFOE, JAMES FRANCO, ROSEMARY HARRIS,LUCY LAWLESS,CLIFF ROBERTSON, STAN LEE, SAM RAIMI)
Post 12 IP   flag post
So the signatures on the reproduction are real just the script is fake
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Do not buy movie scripts. Anyone can print out a movie script at kinkos and put some brads on it.

The signatures look fake to me. Forced, slow hands, some pen, some marker. Too "perfect" to be fake, right? Exactly.

More of a tell than anything. Most "cast signed" posters and scripts are all the same marker, or maybe 2 different colors, silver/gold, or black/gold, etc. This is because it's hard to get everyone together at once for a signing or publicity tour/charity tour.

I have a charity piece "Wolf of Wall St" signed cast poster that all the actors signed, included Leo and Jon and Margot, and everyone signed in silver. EXCEPT Mr. Scorsese. Because he's Mr. Scorsese. Mine was purchased directly from Paramount New York World Premiere Event in 2013 so I know it is completely 110% real.

Go with your gut. If you think it's not real, it's not.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
this would cost a fortune to verify wouldn't it? is it still 25.00 for the first and 15.00 for each of the rest? And if just one comes back "not real" it kills the grade right?

This is something you should keep as is because it represents something form your dad...why chance taking from the effort and memory?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsykrets
What do you mean

Can the book be slabbed with the raised fastners?
Post 16 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
No. it's not a comic book or a magazine. It's just pages held together by brads. It cannot be graded.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
No. it's not a comic book or a magazine. It's just pages held together by brads. It cannot be graded.

Thats the point I was trying to make. @Topsykrets said he wants to send it in for verification but I don't think the authenticity of the sigs matter since it cant be slabbed.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy

Thats the point I was trying to make. @Topsykrets said he wants to send it in for verification but I don't think the authenticity of the sigs matter since it cant be slabbed.

I think he said he was getting JSA to authenticate the signatures...not sure how much they charge, but I'm sure it's still going to be expensive for all those sigs.
Post 19 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I was looking to get my script by harry potter cast for sorcerer's / philosopher's stone verified and was considering Beckett grading. If you get it done from them, depending on size of item you can encapsulate. (Prolly best to call and ask if a script is too big. I have not done so yet)

https://www.beckett-authentication.com/pricing
Post 20 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I sent them an email to ask various questions such as cost and encapsulation. Below is their response.

We do offer a similar oversized holder that can encapsulate most standard sized magazines and then we have a much thinner holder that fits photographs up to the size of 8 x 10. Here’s the size holders we currently offer for autograph encapsulation.

· Standard Holder - 2.6" x 3.75"

· Tall Boy Holder - 3.5" x 5.25"

· Oversize Photograph Holder - 8.25" x 10.375" x 0.30" thick

Oversize Check/Ticket Holder – 5.25" x 7.25"

· Oversize Magazine Holder – 8.5" x 11" x 0.64” thick

Our pricing depends on who each individual signer is and how many total signatures are on an item. You search each signer’s authentication fees at our website at www.beckett-authentication.com/pricing
Post 21 IP   flag post
598060 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?