Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Should I sell my copies of Batman Damned #1 now or wait?7590

Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Prices on eBay seems to have stagnated at around $50-60 for the most part. Copies were selling for more last week. Does anyone think there will be a surge in prices or has it peaked?
Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Sell it now.

How many people do you see explaining to a non-collector, "Yeah, that's my copy of Batman Damned #1. It's the first appearance of a fictional character's cartoon penis."
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
I think condition will have a lot to do with the value of the comic. I imagine these will be hard to keep in good condition. I thought it was at 100.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
I think condition will have a lot to do with the value of the comic. I imagine these will be hard to keep in good condition. I thought it was at 100.

My copies look amazing!

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Sell it now.

How many people do you see explaining to a non-collector, "Yeah, that's my copy of Batman Damned #1. It's the first appearance of a fictional character's cartoon penis."

Exactly this.

Any real collector knows.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Sell, Sell, SELL.

How and when will the book be in more demand than it is now? Like when Batman's penis appears in a movie?? When the Adventures of Batman's Wiener #1 hits the newsstands???? HEY!! I've got the first appearance of Batman's weenie in a comic book!!!

Sell....
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
But what if Netflix comes out with a "Batman Damned" series???????
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Is the penis intact? No snipping like those pesky Marvel value stamps.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
This is not a rare book. There is no first appearance of any character. Many, like yourself, are hording copies. Eventually they will flood the market as the price continues to drop, probably as convention season comes to a close. I can't see this holding up. Maybe it stays a $30 book out of nostalgia...

If I had extra copies I would have took the money and run already...don't look back. Buy something cool, or more likely to appreciate, with the profits.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Fine...I will give you $10 for it...take it or leave it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
They are going to censor it when they rerelease it so it’ll never be exactly the same
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I think Batman Damned #1 is the Cameo and the first Full Appearance will be in Batman Damned #2...
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Price has already started dropping.

Last week was the time to sell. As a prestige format with thick cardstock cover, dont be surprised to see plenty of 9.9s as well once everyone starts getting them back from grading
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Do you sell?
Tough decision.
It'll always be hard.
I say slide it in on eBay.
See what comes from it.
If you hold onto it, you're just going to choke on the opportunity.
I know it'll be hard to swallow if it doesn't spit out the results you want.
Make them take it raw.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
you should have sold one week ago! What are you waiting for? Prices may pick up when issue #2 comes out but by then it will already be lower than it is now.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Like what most are saying, sell while you still can. At NYCC the book was listed everywhere for $50 but I overheard a few transactions go down to $40 if paid in cash. It may not seem like much, but I was a bit shocked since vendors like to put a high sticker price on books whose artists are present at the con. They know people will scramble to get a book for a last minute signature.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I dunno, selling off Batman's penis so soon makes me feel like a dirty whore! Wham Bam thank you Bats now get lost!??

I feel like this relationship should go on just a while longer.

Also, release of the Batman Damned action figure with Bruce Wayne variant hanging penis action could further increase sales of the comic.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Would never happen. Would either be CW or DCS. But I think we all know what you imply.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Prices on eBay seems to have stagnated at around $50-60 for the most part. Copies were selling for more last week. Does anyone think there will be a surge in prices or has it peaked?

I think there will still be a surge in prices. The floor on eBay right now is about $55 shipped, and the ceiling around $70 or $80 (but highly variable), and a LOT of them keep selling. For some reason, a pair of both covers tends to go for more than you could buy them both singly ... usually around $130 shipped. And multiple copies in one lot also go for higher ... six days ago a lot of five (cover A) went for $100 each, and a lot of six (half and half) went for $73 each.

(I also saw a lot of 10 of cover A go for $400 on the same day ... or only $40 each plus shipping. Some eBay sellers just get lucky and some get screwed, and there's no rhyme or reason for it. It's all over the place still on the prices.)

But I think these will get increasingly hard to find. Especially since it seems DC has pushed back #2 and #3 to increase their print runs. This will keep #1 the scarce issue for sets.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Also, release of the Batman Damned action figure with Bruce Wayne variant hanging penis action could further increase sales of the comic.

The variant will be uncircumcised.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
It was optioned by Brazzers.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I still haven't sold my 3 copies, any takers?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I still haven't sold my 3 copies, any takers?

How is that ship sailing?
Post 25 IP   flag post
I'll offer cover price plus $1.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Issue 2 comes out next week. It won't drive prices up necessarily because of the volume available on eBay but you might be able to move it for the going rate quickly. Otherwise after that it'll stagnate and continue its downward trend in value.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Issue 2 comes out next week. It won't drive prices up necessarily because of the volume available on eBay but you might be able to move it for the going rate quickly. Otherwise after that it'll stagnate and continue its downward trend in value.

Downward trend? I don't think so. Raws still go for $45 - $50, even with auction pricing. (And for a lot more on MyComicShop.) Meanwhile, more and more slabs are getting on eBay. The 9.8's generally go for between $125 and $175. And it certainly doesn't cost $100 for a slab.

Of course, on the upper end there are also a lot of 9.9 and 10.0 grades, too. And there are still more of those two combined than 9.8's. The 9.9 is around $150 - $300, with a lot of variance, and the 10 is still fetching $400 - $600 each, often more.

Also, search for "batman damned" on eBay, and there are nearly 500 results. I don't know of another comic that still sells that many, with demand that consistently high, nearly three months after it's been released. And part 2 is about to come out, which should juice demand for #1 even more.

No, this comic is still strong as hell.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
The 9.9 is around $150 - $300, with a lot of variance, and the 10 is still fetching $400 - $600 each, often more.

This is mainly due to the fact that those who have tried pressing this book to improve their grade end up with a big bulge in the middle of the cover....It's hard to get a 10.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
The 9.9 is around $150 - $300, with a lot of variance, and the 10 is still fetching $400 - $600 each, often more.

This is mainly due to the fact that those who have tried pressing this book to improve their grade end up with a big bulge in the middle of the cover....It's hard to get a 10.

Hard to get a 10? I don't understand why you would say that. There are more 10's of this comic than just about any other. For example, I just looked up New Mutants #98. There are 4408 at 9.6, 3162 at 9.8, but only 13 at 9.9, and exactly 1 at 10.0.

How about something more recent? Batman #1, 2016, there are 503 at 9.8. But zero at 9.9 or 10.0.

But for Batman Damned, 18% are graded at 10.0 and another 31% are 9.9. It's crazy-easy to get a gem mint with this book, relatively speaking.

Post 30 IP   flag post
597889 55 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?