Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I went down a rabbit hole on Youtube this afternoon watching guitar covers....I stumbled on this one. Just goes to show how much a bass line can change then entire song.

Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Some of my recent submissions received from across the street. I didn’t get the #1 slabbed yet but you can see it in my avatar.

Plus one that Baba liked that I ended up submitting (Punisher 102).

Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Wow. Where did you discover this piece at?

OO

mm

It reminds me of this...

Post 153 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Reprint of Simon and Schuster book publisher in 1931.

OO

mm
Post 154 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

It still lights up. Going to try and unload these X-Men and Transformers toys off tomorrow.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
I went down a rabbit hole on Youtube this afternoon watching guitar covers....I stumbled on this one. Just goes to show how much a bass line can change then entire song.

Or a banjo.

Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user

I'm just happy to find a green goblin page I think looks cool that didn't break the bank.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I saw Marty Friedman last night. For those of you who do not know who he is, he was the lead guitar player for Megadeth for 5 of their best albums. I was about 10 feet from the stage and it was the first concert that I took all 3 of my sons to. We had a great time. Marty has a killer band and I recommend checking him out on his tour. He did play a few Megadeth riffs and it made me smile like a little kid. Lol.

Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips Club shows are the best! That’s probably the biggest positive about the decline in popularity of metal. Much easier to get up close and personal with your heroes!
Post 159 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
@BrianGreensnips Club shows are the best! That’s probably the biggest positive about the decline in popularity of metal. Much easier to get up close and personal with your heroes!
I agree. Hard rock and Metal has taken a back seat in popularity. Here is how close I was at 20 Monroe for the Clutch concert a couple months back.At both concerts there were plenty of guys my age(50) in attendance. Die Hards from the old days. Lol

Post 160 IP   flag post
By the way Neal Fallon(Clutch singer) is 47 or 48 years old, so go figure.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Quote:
Wow. Where did you discover this piece at?

OO

mm

It reminds me of this...

Here's an advertisement for the lesson's.

OO

mm
Post 162 IP   flag post
I had seen the ad before. Evidently, only the first lesson book was ever produced. Mine has bug damage, but I bought it in an antique store that had no other comic related collectibles.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a neat old thing - a list of (supposedly) all the comic shops in the U.S. in 1979. And some in Canada.

https://dangearino.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/comics-shop-registry.pdf
Post 164 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers The Silver Snail is still going in Toronto - at different location (but walking distance of the original) I have not been to the new location (maybe 10yrs since they moved), apparently a shadow of what it once was
Post 165 IP   flag post
@CatCovers Wow does that list bring back some memories! Particularly Truman’s Comics in Pontiac. I was friends with Dan Truman’s daughter for many years and have fond memories of the comics shop. Of course, Dan passed away many years ago (the early ‘90s, I think) and that was the end of Truman’s Comics.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Catalog from my all time favorite.

mm
Post 167 IP   flag post
I remember Passaic as well. Used to mail order from them and buy from them when they used to come to the Motor City Con back in the old days.
Post 168 IP   flag post
For me Comic Kingdom was my favorite when I lived in Detroit back when I was a kid. A lot of enjoyable memories from going there. Unfortunately it is a real unsafe area and the building is not even there anymore. That is sad.
Post 169 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Every shop I used to go to is gone now. For a few of them - good riddance. The others I miss.
Post 170 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My go to LCS starting in the late 1970's was called "The Home Run Shop" in Cranston, RI. It was an old-school, no frills card and comic place that was owned and operated by two brothers (Phil and Tod). You could talk comics and sports there for hours and even play a game of Strat-O-Matic Baseball if you wanted. I can still picture that first appearance of the Legion of Superheroes hanging up on the wall for like $200. Sigh, those were the days.
Post 171 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
I think this is cool. One of a kind for this issue. From the personal collection of Scott Snyder.

Post 172 IP   flag post
Here is a RIP magazine that I had the band sign at a record shop in 1987. I asked Gar Samuelson why he was not in a couple of the photos. He said "They said I was too ugly" It was a fun signing. Gar died in 1999 but played on 2 of the albums. This line up also had Dave Mustaine, Dave Ellefson,and Chris Poland on guitar. I had Dave M. Sign it twice.

Post 173 IP   flag post
Man, they were so YOUNG then! Of course, so were we. My god, we’re getting old!!!!😧😧😧😧😧
Post 174 IP   flag post
Quote:
Man, they were so YOUNG then! Of course, so were we. My god, we’re getting old!!!!😧😧😧😧😧
I know. I have to keep convincing myself to stay young at heart. I feel like I have started with a fresh start by turning 50 a few months back. My hobbies and Metal music still makes me feel young. Now I need to get my body feeling young.
Post 175 IP   flag post
Quote:

I have the EP signed by Blackie Lawless & Chris Holmes.

Post 176 IP   flag post
Swag from free movie screenings...

Mallrats Promo Trading Cards

What Dreams May Come Promo Booklet

Red Violin Promo Booklet

Cryptkeeper mask

Here is the mask being used in a video...
https://www.cameo.com/v/gZ-VF8Q2w
Post 177 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
I know. I have to keep convincing myself to stay young at heart. I feel like I have started with a fresh start by turning 50 a few months back. My hobbies and Metal music still makes me feel young. Now I need to get my body feeling young.

I feel you, bro! I will be 50 this summer. Definitely gets harder to keep in shape when you get north of 45. Mentally I am still a seventeen year old! Just much more responsible now!
Post 178 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

I have the EP signed by Blackie Lawless & Chris Holmes.

Love the old school W.A.S.P.! Haven’t really liked the last few albums, though. Blackie seems to be getting a lot more whiny in his old age.
Post 179 IP   flag post
"So Simple a Child can use it,...".

OO

mm
Post 180 IP   flag post
596790 999 30