Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 76 IP   flag post
Retailer Review Copies that were distributed through Diamond retailer Previews packets..

Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user

Walker Stalker con San Jose 2018
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
The one on the left is a new buy it now. The wife was whining the comics in my office were too violent.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
There isn't a 'Show Something Disturbing' thread here, so I have to use this one

Early Infinity Stones appearance (the one on the left) on South Park.

(Let's just assume this is NSFW)
Post 80 IP   flag post

I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 81 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Repurposed an entertainment center to clean-up “my office/work place, slab storage, X-Men and potential submissions storeroom, man-cave, place to binge Netflixs or listen to some tunes, and even spare-bedroom” room. It took three guys to muscle it up the stairs. If we ever sell this house, it goes with it (less the comics of course!).

Post 82 IP   flag post

Post 83 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Sons birthday cake. Yes, that’s a cake!

Post 84 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
18 December 1956

In port Karachi, Pakistan...went shopping...bought a pair of
shoes...not a single Comic Book to be found.

mm
Post 85 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Got this at a estate sale 40 years ago
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

hopes would be that for those of you that entertain a second hobby that it be less cash consuming as my own. Some pictures around my museum/home ......Nim my dinosaur skeleton from china ...various bones and eggs and even knves made with dinosaur bone handles. Made all the spheres pictured from dinosaur bone as well....currently have over a ton of bones and eggs eggshell and fossils dinosaur related as well as easily six thousand dinosaur replicas toys and models to say nothing of the movies books autographs and related materials
Post 87 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town - Very neat stuff! Maybe I have finally found someone who would appreciate my Trilobites!
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got the crew together. Grunt was the holdout; hard to find one in good shape. Finally found a seller with one in good condition...and then the box was mangled by USPS in transit. 'Tis the season. So the right side of the box is crunched some, but the pop itself is unscathed. Don't care, these are for my PC, and I love it. Going to put them in a display w/ blue/purple LED lighting next to the ME: Andromeda set.

Post 89 IP   flag post
Esaravo you can bet if I hadn't gone down the dinosaur lane i would be collecting trilobites. They predate my entire collection and there are so many types
Post 90 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town "Holy Jurrasic Park, Batman". Nice collection.
Post 91 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town

Wow nice fossil collection.. here's a couple of things I think you'll enjoy.. nothing like the extent of yours but I'm proud of these..

a Mammoth Tooth

a lock of mammoth hair
a dinosaur femur knuckle
a polished section of dino bone

a meteor from large landing in 1335 in Argentina
this is made from Mammoth Tusk.. carved in Mongolia
and lastly a shark tooth and a small trilobite sorry for the blurry pic not sure what happened there
Post 92 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@Gotlift kids been shooting the Meg tooth with nerf guns?

That’s a nice one by the way, good color
Post 93 IP   flag post
@Gotlift thanks for sharing that.....that knuckle is well defined and huge... have a similar ball end myself that weighs over fifty pounds. Those carved mammoths are exquisite......they are perched on top of a partial mammoth tusk themselves from the looks of it.
Post 94 IP   flag post

Something my grandfather taught me.....spheremaking .....the art of shaping semi precious gemstones into polished spheres of glistening wonder.
I show and compete in my local gem and mineral society when I am not sorting silver age hulks....the one picture is my dinosaur and dinosaur eggs on display at an event ...some of my work with the chapter is educational and public service aside from competing
Post 95 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town Your pieces are exquisite you have a museum of beautiful fossils.

The mammoth carvings in my pictures are on a mammoth tusk perched on top of a small mammoth tooth. I was enamored by the quality of this and so the purchase came to be.

You sir like me and others are true collectors of fine things weather new or ancient, if not for collectors of things, history would be lost.

Keep the faith. 🖖
Post 96 IP   flag post

Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

My son playing Christmas Music at Bed,Bath,and Beyond.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user

for all of those who did not get a Christmas gift from me this is for you LOL Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all
Post 99 IP   flag post
Saw some real old "original art" at the Metropolitan Museum of Art today.

Post 100 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONLINE_209

for all of those who did not get a Christmas gift from me this is for you LOL Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all

LOL!! Love that!!...."money for people"!!!
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
The nightly Magic Kingdom fireworks display as seen from the balcony of my room at the Contemporary resort in Orlando, Fl.

Post 102 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 103 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Harold Lloyd lobby card from his first feature length film (1922)...

Post 104 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty much done with my latest model kit. It is a Polar Lights Kit of the Headless Horseman. I'm not completely happy with the ground paint job, so I'll probably play a bit more with that. Plus I need to switch up the browns on the posts, ax and tree. Every time I tried to mix a brown, it got too muddy looking, so I just ordered the colors I wanted!! LOL!!!

I changed it up from what it supposed to be. It's supposed to be from the Sleepy Hollow movie. In other words, black on black on black. Black outfit, black cape and black horse - boring. Besides, I liked the book a TON more than the movie. When I read "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" as a kid, I sat on the edge of my seat with every page!! I honestly think it was the first "horror" type book I ever read and it fired my thirst for more!!!

So, I painted the horseman as he was betrayed in the book - a Hessian soldier. Now, there are different Hessian outfits and the one I liked best was for the Hessian Jaegar. They were the light infantry, scouts, runners, skirmishers and sharpshooters. And I went with a typical quarter horse color, sorrel (maybe chestnut), with white socks and face. I modified the ax and put it into a post. I only included 2 of the 4 or 5 pumpkins. I plan on getting a head (preferably with hair) from an 8" figure and putting that in his hand. That may take a while. I'm not paying $10-$15 for a head off of eBay!!!

Anyways, I hope you like it. My next project should be arriving later today or Monday.

Post 105 IP   flag post
596795 999 30