Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

OO (TIP TOP COMICS #127 Inside front cover February 1947)

mm
Post 951 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

My childhood summed up in one picture. Wii U and Wii are brand new.
Post 952 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Here they are hung up. It's impossible to get a straight on shot because the wall is too big. One (maybe two) more to go!

@AndyRexia Just curious about something: I had heard that Black and Gold were the colors of all professional Pittsburgh sports teams, something about it being the colors of the Pitt family crest. But those are Boston jerseys I presume? Do both Pittsburgh and Boston hockey teams wear Black and Gold as their colors?
Post 953 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller Yes those are Boston Bruins jerseys. Yes the Bruins are black and gold. I've always considered the Shittsburgh Penguins colors to be black and piss yellow. Hope this answers your question!
Post 954 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@AndyRexia hahaha
Post 955 IP   flag post

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
This cover is sick!
Post 956 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
@EbaySeller Yes those are Boston Bruins jerseys. Yes the Bruins are black and gold. I've always considered the Shittsburgh Penguins colors to be black and piss yellow. Hope this answers your question!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's funny!!
Post 957 IP   flag post

Post 958 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Can you believe this was 50 years ago - May 10, 1970!

Post 959 IP   flag post
Collector circumstances private msg quote post Address this user
My backstage pass to the opening night of the U.S. leg of the Grace For Drowning tour (Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree). House of Blues Orlando, November, 2011.

Post 960 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Can you believe this was 50 years ago - May 10, 1970!

Post 961 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my son meeting Neal Adams years ago.

Post 962 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
ROLLING STONE
Issue No. 104
March 16, 1972

The first time I ever saw a RS it was in mag print (late 70s). I never knew the earlier issues were like a newspaper. I found this issue laying around in the back room at my LCS years ago, as I would pop in almost weekly and we would chat about vintage stuff. I believe it was during a period when I had my LCS totally wiped out of SA Spidey's and PCH, I said, "how much for this RS"?... He said $,... I said okay.

To my understanding, these newsprint copies were generally folded like a newspaper when placed on the stands... this copy has not been folded. I don't know if it's due to it being a subscription, which I scribbled in red (2nd image). Anyway, it's pretty cool.

Please forgive the crappy pics... and the reason the pages on the left are brighter is because of sunlight coming in through the window. I'm stranded in a motel room at the time being.

Post 963 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I switched out my frame today. Sorry for the angle but reflection is strong with this one. Meeting Suydam was unique.
Post 964 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder your RS post reminded me of my RS purchase a few years ago. It was issue # 102 from 1972. The reason I bought it was for the Janis Joplin article and pictures. I couldn't find my pictures, so I borrowed some from ebay. I had to censor one of the pics.

Post 965 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
Remember when US Postal service was cool and issued Marvel stamps? Some were first appearance covers and others were solo shots. These two are #1 & #11 of 20. Envelopes are Fleetwood, Marvel approved art from Kirby/Ditko & Romita to correspond to the artists' work on the stamp.

They will eventually be framed with this gem from NYCBM 2012. Print is 11x16 with huge sig by Stan The Man. RIP.

Post 966 IP   flag post
@Cool_Fool I can't wait to see it all together in the frame.
Post 967 IP   flag post
Collector CarsonG private msg quote post Address this user

Saw some Pogs in the thread and decided to post my small collection of xmen pogs. Nothing special but I think they are neat.
Post 968 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
An interesting video about one scene in Predator. It's really not like any other scene in the film from a technical standpoint. It really is a phenomenal film.

Post 969 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Yeah. Predator is a classic. I went to the theater with my family when I was a kid to watch it.

Here's an interesting fact about Predator.

Post 970 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonG

Saw some Pogs in the thread and decided to post my small collection of xmen pogs. Nothing special but I think they are neat.
I could not help to notice your sheetmetal display underneath your pegs. Are you an HVAC guy too?
Post 971 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:

I could not help to notice your sheetmetal display underneath your pegs. Are you an HVAC guy too?

casey made me that box
Post 972 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
This is so cool, I have to post it here AND in the music thread!!!

Post 973 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O that's awesome.
Post 974 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Great find & post - The action and music syncs up well. Like The Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon.
Post 975 IP   flag post
#metoo
Post 976 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad Michelangelo was lucky twitter wasn't around at the time or he would have been cancelled.
Post 977 IP   flag post
no cowabunga then?
Post 978 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@HeinzDad Michelangelo was lucky twitter wasn't around at the time or he would have been cancelled.

Canceled or at least castrated. Last week my son had to post a video in History class about who he would want to meet from the Renaissance era and why. He said he would like to meet Michaelangelo and ask him about painting the Mona Lisa. While the Mona Lisa was painted by a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, my teenage dunce guessed the wrong name.
Post 979 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

Canceled or at least castrated. Last week my son had to post a video in History class about who he would want to meet from the Renaissance era and why. He said he would like to meet Michaelangelo and ask him about painting the Mona Lisa. While the Mona Lisa was painted by a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, my teenage dunce guessed the wrong name.
ouch, no cowabunga... tell him to move on like you did to me!
Post 980 IP   flag post
600702 999 30