Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte can you share that link to your top 50, I would be interested in seeing it
Post 926 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66

Sure. But I added a few books. It's more than 50 right now.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kypl7ch3uzxhtwl/AABWyM6C9x_2kvDlNEVGPBtra?dl=0
Post 927 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte See if I did this right?

clickable text
Post 928 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte dude, you have some beautiful books there 3 hulk 181's, batman 121,Spider-Man 6. You could sell or trade off your duplicates and get other keys or are you holding off until the market gets stronger for those books, or do you just like having multiple copies of awesome books
Post 929 IP   flag post
1988 DC – Burger King Superhero Cups

Post 930 IP   flag post

Pogs anyone?

Post 931 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by circumstances
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
Not completely sure this isn’t doctored, but prefer to think it’s legit. How I wish I could go there with a big bag of dimes and bring them home.

I love old photos like this one.

I like the Exit, Stage Left as your profile picture.

Rush is my favorite band.

Mine too. I cannot get enough of that album. I just bought a vinyl copy of Signals the other day. I probably play Exit Stage Left every day while stuck at home.
Post 932 IP   flag post
Collector circumstances private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by circumstances
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
Not completely sure this isn’t doctored, but prefer to think it’s legit. How I wish I could go there with a big bag of dimes and bring them home.

I love old photos like this one.

I like the Exit, Stage Left as your profile picture.

Rush is my favorite band.

Mine too. I cannot get enough of that album. I just bought a vinyl copy of Signals the other day. I probably play Exit Stage Left every day while stuck at home.

That tour (short as it was) was my first Rush concert. Probably my favorite concert ever. I was able to see them scores of times over the years, as I was fortunate enough to become friendly with the band.
Post 933 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster

Looks good.

Thank you very much for sharing!
Post 934 IP   flag post
@Batman66

When I was working, I used to just buy multiple copies of stuff I liked. One set of items not in the link I posted was my collection of amazing Spider-man 194. By far that is what I have the most copies of.

I just mailed those off to be pressed. I'm praying one comes back as a 9.8. (2 copies were 9.6 CGC when I submitted)
Post 935 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@Bronte See if I did this right?

clickable text

So, I guess I did do this right I posted some recipe books on smokers if anyone wants to check them out.
Post 936 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Jackster I remember those, I have the Darkseid running around here somewhere !
Post 937 IP   flag post
Miss March 1984

Post 938 IP   flag post
For you younger people, did you know Playboy Magazine has a bunny on every cover?

Post 939 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Miss March 1984

Today that beautiful woman is a minimum of 55 years old. Hope she made her looks-based money when the window of opportunity was open. Nothing lasts forever except Vanna White.
Post 940 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 941 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Miss March 1984

Today that beautiful woman is a minimum of 55 years old. Hope she made her looks-based money when the window of opportunity was open. Nothing lasts forever except Vanna White.
Just to mention bt the last time I corresponded with Dona Speir she was an author, actor, and coach as well. She seems focused on coaching and helping women recover from addictions....here is a more recent image from her web site seen here.....she seems to be aging nicely from what I can see.

here is her web site for anyone who might be interested...

https://donaspeir.com/
Post 942 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster and @Darkseid_of_town and @EbaySeller - The cover model, Susie Scottt, is now 56 and has been called the Centerfold Saint for her charitable work in Haiti.
Post 943 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
@dpiercy That mask is fire.
Post 944 IP   flag post
I believed he was referring to Dona, the model he also posted a signed picture from who was the centerfold for the magazine. Susie is indeed a patron saint in this modern world
Post 945 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
I believed he was referring to Dona, the model he also posted a signed picture from who was the centerfold for the magazine. Susie is indeed a patron saint in this modern world

I was referring to Dona, but in either case, nice to hear that they aged gracefully.

Quote:
For you younger people, did you know Playboy Magazine has a bunny on every cover?

One of my older brothers had a friend with an X-men collection. The other brother had a friend with a Playboy collection. When my teenage self got my rare chance to look at either of them I never really slowed down enough to appreciate the details.
Post 946 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
1933 Buck Rogers premium from Kellogg's. 1st Buck Rogers Radio premium with letter and mailer.

Post 947 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the French-Canadian version of the book that @sborock posted this morning in "Cool books that hit my grading desk......." - il fait frais!

Post 948 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Today has turned into a great day. FedEx just delivered these and I'm in love. I'll post more pictures when I get them hung on the wall.

Post 949 IP   flag post
Here they are hung up. It's impossible to get a straight on shot because the wall is too big. One (maybe two) more to go!

Post 950 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

OO (TIP TOP COMICS #127 Inside front cover February 1947)

mm
Post 951 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

My childhood summed up in one picture. Wii U and Wii are brand new.
Post 952 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Here they are hung up. It's impossible to get a straight on shot because the wall is too big. One (maybe two) more to go!

@AndyRexia Just curious about something: I had heard that Black and Gold were the colors of all professional Pittsburgh sports teams, something about it being the colors of the Pitt family crest. But those are Boston jerseys I presume? Do both Pittsburgh and Boston hockey teams wear Black and Gold as their colors?
Post 953 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller Yes those are Boston Bruins jerseys. Yes the Bruins are black and gold. I've always considered the Shittsburgh Penguins colors to be black and piss yellow. Hope this answers your question!
Post 954 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@AndyRexia hahaha
Post 955 IP   flag post
601315 999 30