Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers what kinda Smoker do you have?
Post 876 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
@CatCovers what kinda Smoker do you have?

A barrel with a side fire box. The results are great, but it’s a very labor-intensive process.
Post 877 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
OK, this is from several years ago, but I think the photo is pretty cool.

A friend of ours was on a film set in Louisiana with a weekend off so we invited him to visit us in the Metroplex where he could relax for a couple of days, watch a few films and dine out. We offered to put him up at a hotel as our guest for the weekend due to our guest bedroom still being a work in progress, but he declined the offer choosing to crash on our couch instead. He even helped my wife and I prepare dinner the next evening during his visit.

In spite of many adventures in space he’s a genuinely down to earth kinda guy. I’m pretty sure this gentleman needs no further introduction...

Memorialized via iPad shot taken at Jorg’s Cafe Vienna in Plano Texas.
Post 878 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica can you help me get the name of a movie he played in? It's actually one of my favorite movies of his that I own, but I can't recall it as I have hundreds & hundreds of dvds.

In this movie, he plays a man that draws children's books, but he's actually a psycho that murders/tortures people.
Post 879 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth
Sensored (2009)?
Post 880 IP   flag post

@Bronte Yes! That's it. Thanks!
Post 881 IP   flag post
@CatCovers I’m thinking about getting a pellet smoker. Don’t really Have the space for the kind of wood smoker I want. My dad has a pellet one and it’s a boss.
Post 882 IP   flag post
@bige31 a friend of mine has a pellet smoker and it works great, food tastes excellent.
Post 883 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My brother has a weber bullet? My goodness the brontosaurus ribs he cooks in that thing are phenomenal....

Post 884 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
You want to talk about smokers check out this relic....
it still works also, I did a chicken this week. This was my grandpas smoker. He was a Lake Erie charter captain so there was never a shortage of fish. He had two of them and I remember him using them 35 years ago. My dad has the other one now. It only gets up to about 130 so big things like a brisket or turkey need a shot in the oven or on the grill but it gets the job done. I’m smirking a little bit cuz I’m sure gramps never would have imagined me bragging about this cooker.
Post 885 IP   flag post
@Bronte easy man it’s dinner time and I’m stuck in my truck while my wife grocery shops. You’re ganna make me call her and get all the meats haha.
Post 886 IP   flag post
@bige31
Lol

If it makes you feel better, my bro moved to new York and I havent had a good rib in years.

I tried doing it off set on a gas grill. Not too bad, but I definitely am not the chef in the family.

My home cooked meals are now uncrustables....

=(

Note all the purple.....

Post 887 IP   flag post
@Bronte haha nothing wrong with uncrustables lol. Those were a sack lunch special in high school for us lol.
Post 888 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad that’s a sweet little smoker!
Post 889 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
In about 17 hours, this will be delicious.

After 17 hours on the smoker and one hour resting in a cooler, this was the result. About damn perfect, if I say so myself.

Post 890 IP   flag post
Looks phenomenal.
Do you deliver?
Post 891 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Looks phenomenal.
Do you deliver?

Yes, but only within a one-mile radius.
Post 892 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Still in mint condition.

Post 893 IP   flag post

you never know what you’ll find when you open walls in the projects.
Post 894 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad damn... they should use rat traps instead of d-con for that reason. So they won't stay in your home/apartment and decay.
Post 895 IP   flag post
Oooooohhhh theres traps around. All those were piled in two stud cavities is all. Four people gathered round and watched me and laughed while I was dry heaving. Fun times. Don’t get me started on roaches.
Post 896 IP   flag post
Interesting article on a kirby toon before wolverine.

https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-mister-miracle-jack-kirby-mystivac/amp/
Post 897 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
If you really want to get the masses riled up just show them how Kirby created Star wars before Lucas !
Post 898 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town - Happy birthday Mike!
Post 899 IP   flag post
Thanks Ed, feeling the years today too!
Post 900 IP   flag post
Just finished painting one of my favorite villains.
Doctor Victor von Doom...

As always, I hope you all enjoy the progression pics.

Completed pics:

Completed pic beside a quarter for size comparision:

Had to touch up Doctor Doom a little. I hurried through it and didn't really notice some mistakes; which I circled in the following pic.

Touched Up Competed Pics:

Post 901 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
As always, I hope you all enjoy the progression pics.

As someone who was raised with very few practical skills I'm always envious of guys who have a garage full of tools and know how to use them.
Post 902 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

you never know what you’ll find when you open walls in the projects.

Looks like some of the little fellas are probably just napping. We need a "show something cool and disturbing" thread.
Post 903 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Some historical items from the Harvey production dept:

These tear strips were used in the production of the Harvey horror comics.

For the cover of Little Lotta 71 significant modifications were made to the giant candy box. Warren Kramer found it more efficient to make these changes on a glossy stat of his original inked art. This is the actual cover art used for the comic, but a mix of pen and ink and photostat.

Hand drawn color guide from Spooky 89:

Another tear strip and glossy stat from the horror books:

Post 904 IP   flag post
Could you elaborate more on what a tear strip is for those of us who aren't familiar with the term? I am curious is all.
Post 905 IP   flag post
598062 999 30