Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 826 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@EbaySeller today, those six took me a little over four to five hours straight. If it's a character like Raistlin (that I previously painted) then I'll go by a certain color that they are supposed to be. Anything else, I normally just do it off my own accord.
Post 827 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user

Post 828 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user

Post 829 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 830 IP   flag post

Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

Making the most of being stuck at home with "hallway hockey". :-)
Post 831 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Found this in my Facebook feed:

Post 832 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
From my Facebook feed:

Post 833 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Just finished painting some Warhammer 40,000 "Death Guard Poxwalkers."
(Very Fun game BTW and just got my wife into playing it.) As always, I hope you guys enjoy the progression pics.

One Poxwalker beside a quarter for size comparison:

Figures Gana would go and get bounced the very minute I find something for him to paint !
Post 834 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure where this is from, but it’s pretty darn cool!

Post 835 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Not sure where this is from, but it’s pretty darn cool!

Loved the claws in this movie. I never was a fan of the skinny claws in the comics.
Post 836 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town - He’ll be back soon. And if I know you, you will want him to paint fishnets on that figure to make it more resemble a certain DC character.
Post 837 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Darkseid_of_town - He’ll be back soon. And if I know you, you will want him to paint fishnets on that figure to make it more resemble a certain DC character.
definitely on the same page..black hat..black.and white costume ..yellow undies. Yep that's the girl

I was surprised how close the figure was for something that was not even billed or stated as being anything related to her....
Post 838 IP   flag post
I even chose a set of ruins for her stand on...not sure why this appealed to me but there it is.....

Perhaps some spell she threw leveled the town or something...write your own story to go with it

Post 839 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town - Have you seen this version of Zatanna from What the.. #2?

Post 840 IP   flag post
Collector Nelsconey private msg quote post Address this user

Post 841 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Darkseid_of_town - Have you seen this version of Zatanna from What the.. #2?

I had not. Should give me another book to chase down too
Post 842 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Finally this 1500 piece nightmare is finally finished. Of course I was only involved with the placement of about 20 pieces. My family did a good job.

Post 843 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort Cool! Are you going to give it a clear coating and frame it?
Post 844 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
@sportshort Cool! Are you going to give it a clear coating and frame it?

Nah, just going to take it apart and re-gift it to my daughter and future (hopefully) son-in-law. they're more int anime but they love puzzles. I used to clear coat and save but now i have a large extended family and i need the wall space for things that really matter. But it was a great suggestion.
Post 845 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, this may only be cool to me, but to me it is ultra cool!!! From about the ages of 7 to 13-14, my parents owned an automotive parts store. When they bought it, and for the first few years, it was a General Trading Company (or GTC) affiliated parts store. GTC eventually combined with at least one other automotive parts chain and became Carquest.

Well, I have great memories of that store, especially when it was GTC. My parents store was right across the street from the drug store where I bought my comics.

Anyway, I have done occasional Ebay searches for things related to GTC. Their mascot was a military General. I'd LOVE to find something with the general on it. My searches have always been fruitless, until last week. I found this token listed as a buy it now and jumped on it!!! It is dated a bit before my time, but it is GTC. I just had to have it!!

Post 846 IP   flag post
Awesome story @Jesse_O, congrats!
Post 847 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user

Post 848 IP   flag post
Painted a few Space Marines from Warhammer 40k this past week. As always, I hope you all enjoy the progression pics.

Finished Pics:

Normal Size Completed Pics:

Post 849 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town I found a Zatanna miniature on FeeBay. Only one I could find, checked Amazon too. Link is below if you're interested.

Click or Touch here for the auction.

Post 850 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth welcome back amigo! My dad paints 40k figures. He really enjoys it and the detail involved is impressive. Great job on yours. They look great!
Post 851 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth - If you have that much patience and attention to detail, you must be a hell of a hunter and fisherman!
Post 852 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I already sent in the Cates and Stegman books that I would want signed 🤦🏻‍♂️
Post 853 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Took an anniversary trip to Ireland few years back. We went on a tour of the new Teeling Distillery and I picked up this bottle of Poitin. This was bottled from batch 01 before aging. This batch should available by now. When the time come I plan to get 18,24 or 30 year Reserve or Small Batch (whatever they make from this batch) to go on the shelf with the Poitin 🍻

Post 854 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@Darkseid_of_town I found a Zatanna miniature on FeeBay. Only one I could find, checked Amazon too. Link is below if you're interested.

Click or Touch here for the auction.

Oh wow another one for me to chase...do you have any interest in painting the other one I showed?
Post 855 IP   flag post
601196 999 30