Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town

Those spheres are magnificent.

Although I would say I'm more jealous you have a good relationship with your father....
Post 801 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Darkseid_of_town those spheres are incredible!! I have two small spheres (approximately 30 mm diameter). One I believe is crystal, but with flaws. It might be Icelandic spar. The second one I believe is bloodstone. Both were gifted to me. I've bid on some larger ones on Ebay and have yet to win. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Darkseid_of_town those spheres are incredible!! I have two small spheres (approximately 30 mm diameter). One I believe is crystal, but with flaws. It might be Icelandic spar. The second one I believe is bloodstone. Both were gifted to me. I've bid on some larger ones on Ebay and have yet to win. LOL
Thanks Jesse, the thing for me was I also learned how to make them myself and have made well over a hundred, since he passed away. That gave me some insight into which were made the best, were the best for the material or were just unique. I already had a dozen pieces he had done, but these are the cream of the crop literally.
Post 802 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town those are pretty cool looking! My favorite is the crystal one.
Post 803 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Darkseid_of_town

Those spheres are magnificent.

Although I would say I'm more jealous you have a good relationship with your father....
I had wanted that bone sphere since I was eight years old, or about 47 years now....I agree they are really special and mean a lot to me. As soon as the bank again allows traffic in their lobby I will likely place a few of them into my deposit box for safekeeping.

My relationship with my father over the years has been with its share of ups and downs, but its always been with the knowing we are still family.

A few years ago he gave all his guns an ammuntion, books, shell casings, even a family flintlock rifle to my older brother , without ever even asking me about it...I was surprised but as it was his stuff , what can you say....turns out this was my "gift" to balance what he had done then for my brother. I am happy with that...quite happy
Post 804 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@Darkseid_of_town those are pretty cool looking! My favorite is the crystal one.
The original sphere of crystal from the collection had been displayed at our local library in a display and someone broke into it and stole it...then dropped it going up the stairs and destroyed it as they fled. The insurance from the library was sent to my grandfather to replace it with another of equal value or quality...this one is smaller by about an inch , from the original....I would guesstimate that it holds a value upwards of eight hundred on the market if ever sold.
Post 805 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town

In my opinion, your grandfather's creations are more valuable than an item bought and passed down.

You say you create these now yourself. Do you ever sell them?
Post 806 IP   flag post
I have never really sold any of them yet, but I have given a few away here and there as the mood hit...
Post 807 IP   flag post
For all the Dragonlance fans out there. I just finished painting Raistlin Majere!

I'm sure that most of you that have read the series will appreciate the red to black robes transition I tried to capture in the miniatures paint scheme. I hope you guys enjoy the progression pics.

Finished Pics:

Post 808 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth Wow! great work man!!
Post 809 IP   flag post
Quote:
For all the Dragonlance fans out there. I just finished painting Raistline!

I'm sure that most of you that have read the series will appreciate the red to black robes transition I tried to capture in the miniatures paint scheme. I hope you guys enjoy the progression pics.

Finished Pics:

Some intricate detail there, my hands aren't that steady, probably why I shape rocks rather than deftly highlight subtle lines
Post 810 IP   flag post
I guess I should be adding a picture like this as the last pic in the progression sets.

Before & After:

Post 811 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
A little laugh for today " To Infinity & Beyond"

Post 812 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth

You sir, have some serious skills.
Post 813 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
My hands would be too shaky for me to do that level of intricacy...great job!!
Post 814 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I love this; it makes my eyes hurt so good

Post 815 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
#imbored
Post 816 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
#imbored

Looks like he should be holding an electric guitar.
Post 817 IP   flag post
You can pose him so many ways.... you have a request pose @GanaSoth?
Post 818 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad maybe him throwing his hands up towards the heavens yelling "why?!" "Why marital law!" Whyyyyyyyyyy.
Post 819 IP   flag post
Whyyyyy?!?!?!
Post 820 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad @GanaSoth lol!!!!!!!!🍻🍻
Post 821 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Promo page for the Second Issue of MAD...I don't believe I have
ever seen a actual copy of MAD #2.

OO (From WEIRD SCIENCE #17 January/February 1953)

mm
Post 822 IP   flag post
This page has a bunch of original art pictures from marvel. Holy crap I would love to own some of them.....

marvel.com: Tom Brevoort Shares More Rare Marvel Art Featuring the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, and More.
https://www.marvel.com/articles/culture-lifestyle/tom-brevoort-shares-more-rare-marvel-art-featuring-the-fantastic-four-x-men-and-more
Post 823 IP   flag post
Just finished painting some Warhammer 40,000 "Death Guard Poxwalkers."
(Very Fun game BTW and just got my wife into playing it.) As always, I hope you guys enjoy the progression pics.

Finished Pics Upclose:

Finished Pics. Normal Size:

One Poxwalker beside a quarter for size comparison:

Post 824 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
As always, I hope you guys enjoy the progression pics.

@GanaSoth How long would it take you to paint one of these quarter sized figures? Do you follow a pre-determined color scheme or are you free-wheeling?
Post 825 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 826 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller today, those six took me a little over four to five hours straight. If it's a character like Raistlin (that I previously painted) then I'll go by a certain color that they are supposed to be. Anything else, I normally just do it off my own accord.
Post 827 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user

Post 828 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user

Post 829 IP   flag post

Post 830 IP   flag post
601425 999 30