Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I think both of these are cool, but others may not. LOL!!!

First up, a Hot Stuff ceramic statue that I painted. I also added the pitchfork handle. If I do another, I'd do it different, but I'm ok with this one.

Up next is a Weird-oh's Killer McBash model. I got this off of eBay. I remember seeing these in ads when I was a kid and always wanted to get one. So, I did. Packers fans may not think this one is cool.

Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool, Jesse! Although, as a Lions fan, (God help me!) I am officially required to hate both teams, it’s always nice to see Green Bay take one in the chops🦁.
Post 52 IP   flag post
If you aren't familar with Archie McPhee, it is a company that specializes in fun stuff. I actually bought a "Crazy Cat Lady" action figure for a gift from them last year. I also got a life size rubber chicken (like Magnum PI had in the '80's) from them. Anyway, I got their new catalog today and when I saw this, I thought immediately of @X51!! I think stuff like this is fun and cool!!! I plan on getting the Bigfoot action figure from them soon.

Post 53 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Best parenting advice I ever received was when my wife was pregnant with our first son:

"Remember, the days are long but the years are short"

I've also been told this and have so far found it to be true.

That’s the most accurate explanation of parenthood I’ve read.

Here’s a pic of a very tiny snake my tiny daughter found earlier this year stranded on a cold parking lot. She had to rescue it and let it warm up in her hands first.

Post 54 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Brother bought some from New York. Thought it was a joke. Apparently not

http://adkbrewery.com/beer/soda/
Post 55 IP   flag post

PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Digging out the Christmas Outdoor Lights also means checking my
MARX Electric Train from Christmas 1939.

mm
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I got an Iron Fist statue to go with some of my books.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user

Newspaper from April 4, 1861. Eight days before the civil war began.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user

just got in my case of Stan Lee Pez dispensers
Post 59 IP   flag post
THANKSGIVING DAY, November 22, 1956. At anchor Bahrain, Persian
Gulf during the Suez Crisis. Money left over from a shopping trip
to Manama. Bought Christmas Cards to send home.

mm
Post 60 IP   flag post
I've had this pagoda model for over 3 years. I bought it off of eBay from China. It was about $25 if I remember correctly. I was excited about it when it arrived. I opened it up and saw over 500 pieces and instructions in Chinese. I closed the box back up and put it on the shelf. After I got done with the weird-oh's model that I posted earlier in this thread. I decided to attempt doing it.

It's not perfect, but I'm satisfied with it. It stands approximately 10 inches high. A friend of mine on facebook suggested that I build a diorama with Godzilla attacking it. I'm seriously considering doing that.

Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O That must have taken a long time to build. About how long do you think it took you to complete?
Post 62 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips I started it on the 17th, so counting the 17th and today, that is a total of 12 days. I would guess that I averaged about one and half hours a day doing something to it (not just waiting for glue or paint to dry). So that would be 18 hours of actual work. If anything, that is a conservative estimate. I would actually guess the total to be between 24-30 hours. Also, I noticed it looks a bit tilted in a couple of the pictures. That must be the angle that I held the camera or maybe the "box" I used wasn't level, because I did true up the sides when I glued it together.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
The diorama idea sounds awesome!
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@BrianGreensnips I started it on the 17th, so counting the 17th and today, that is a total of 12 days. I would guess that I averaged about one and half hours a day doing something to it (not just waiting for glue or paint to dry). So that would be 18 hours of actual work. If anything, that is a conservative estimate. I would actually guess the total to be between 24-30 hours. Also, I noticed it looks a bit tilted in a couple of the pictures. That must be the angle that I held the camera or maybe the "box" I used wasn't level, because I did true up the sides when I glued it together.
It is really cool. I was expecting you to say more than double that time.
Post 65 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips Once I figured out how the pieces were laid out on the sprue, it went fairly easy. I swear the hardest part of the whole thing (other than working with small pieces - I nicked myself twice with my hobby knife) was the directions. It would have helped tremendously if they had just included a picture of the sprues with arrows to the numbers, plus the pictures they had. The numbers on the tabs on the sprues were too small and near impossible to read!! Plus there were no real breakdown pictures. I still don't know if I positioned the walls correctly on the bases.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Christmas shopping tends to take me to stores I don't usually
frequent like FIVE BELOW...but was happy to find this book which
I had never heard of before.
I also was able to pick up a Trends International STAR WARS GALAXY
poster for just $5.00.

Marty
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Slowly but surely putting together my ASM run. My higher grades books are in the cases but my low grade books look pretty darn good together.

Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector docstrange private msg quote post Address this user

Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I like yours better than mine.

Post 70 IP   flag post
Ditko art/Mayo inks

Post 71 IP   flag post
Mallrats promo trading cards given out at the advanced screening.

Post 72 IP   flag post
U2 Rattle & Hum Move Press Kit

Post 73 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 74 IP   flag post

Post 75 IP   flag post

Post 76 IP   flag post
Retailer Review Copies that were distributed through Diamond retailer Previews packets..

Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user

Walker Stalker con San Jose 2018
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
The one on the left is a new buy it now. The wife was whining the comics in my office were too violent.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
There isn't a 'Show Something Disturbing' thread here, so I have to use this one

Early Infinity Stones appearance (the one on the left) on South Park.

(Let's just assume this is NSFW)
Post 80 IP   flag post
596782 999 30