Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

well I know there is 100 green labels out there thanks to this book
Post 601 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Here is one of mine, signed by Stan. No stamps in this one. My other has all the stamps.

Post 602 IP   flag post
This is the much harder one to find, especially in this kind of shape.

Post 603 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
This is the much harder one to find, especially in this kind of shape.

your right about that, much harder to find. That's the 2nd series isn't it?
Post 604 IP   flag post
Yep! Series B.
Post 605 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

well I know there is 100 green labels out there thanks to this book

Book of Shame and Regret
Post 606 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller what, it's a shame you don't have one and you regret it,lol
Post 607 IP   flag post

bought bunch of these at a swap meet in the early 80's. Gave all the duplicates away over the years. Cool and fun little puzzles, sets and activities
Post 608 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 - Great stuff! MCS sells some of those. I recently looked at the Flying Captain Marvel when I was searching for something else.
Post 609 IP   flag post
@esaravo so what do they sell for, just curious
Post 610 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 - They had a few of the Flying Captain Marvel, they were asking $25-44 based on condition. Not bad for a paper airplane.
Post 611 IP   flag post
@esaravo appreciate the info.
Post 612 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if the book is out yet but I saw the cover in my Facebook feed and wanted to share it.

Post 613 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
This threads founding father outta like this one. I got this print from @BrianGreensnips way back in June I’d say? I was hanging onto it as well as the other print until the opportunity arose to spend the money on framing them. Fortunately, for Xmas the Mrs got me a gift card so they don’t have to stay hidden anymore.
The Eastman print happens to be of one of my favorite books and happens to have sentimental value as well. I figured what better way to display the book than grabbing this print.
Post 614 IP   flag post

went to my lcs and found these comic book holders from '75, artist is steranko. Going to bring these to have him sign the other 2 this weekend. If anyone is interested selling them for 25 each ( I only wanted one but he wanted to sell only as a set). If you want to wait until steranko signs it, will charge what he charges and shipping on top
Post 615 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I feel a bit bad about posting this because I met Bendis in person and he seemed pretty cool.

I also loved the Battle of the Atom crossover.

With that said this is too funny not to share.

Post 616 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
This threads founding father outta like this one. I got this print from @BrianGreensnips way back in June I’d say? I was hanging onto it as well as the other print until the opportunity arose to spend the money on framing them. Fortunately, for Xmas the Mrs got me a gift card so they don’t have to stay hidden anymore.
The Eastman print happens to be of one of my favorite books and happens to have sentimental value as well. I figured what better way to display the book than grabbing this print.
Looks awesome.
Post 617 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Just watched BLACKBOARD JUNGLE on TCM and it sent me searching
for this that I bought in 1955.

OO

mm
Post 618 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Love that song and of course it was the early "Happy Days" intro song.
Post 619 IP   flag post
Another gem from my Facebook feed:

Post 620 IP   flag post
Just got this.

Post 621 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Just got this.

SWEE-EET!
Post 622 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This guy was chillin' (literally and figuaratively) in my front yard yesterday.

Post 623 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like he’s chillin with his poop all around him.
Post 624 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Ha!! it does look like that but that's from surrounding trees.
Post 625 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Just got this.

That I've never seen before

Back in Australia we had the view master
When I was vacationing in Iceland last year I found one at a flea market with no disks

And my wife bought me a few disks at Xmas.

She laughed when I saw them and said you'll never open the Batman.
She knows me too well.
I can't it still sealed onto the cardboard 😀

Though I could look at Superman and the Sub-mariner 👍
Post 626 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Alex Schomburg 50's SF hardcover jacket painting acquired last Summer...

Probably posted in the OA thread awhile ago, but it should be cool enough for an encore.
Post 627 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Highest an only graded Ziff-Davis 1953 pulp of the cult classic 20 Million Miles to Earth. Then I found this mint magazine that used same cover swipe. So I put them together. Kinda cool.

Post 628 IP   flag post
deleted
Post 629 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 630 IP   flag post
600913 999 30