Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Wish this was in better condition and I'll never know why my dad didn't take better care of this cool Trowel.

My Dad passed oh 9 yrs ago now but he went to art school at the Chouinard Institute of the Arts (Walter and Roy Disney would eventually merge this and the LA Conservatory of music into Cal Arts!) on a scholarship in the mid to late 60's. Now this school was partnered with Disney so his co-op terms were spent working at WED Enterprises (Walter E Disney!!) Apparently the students got this cool gold trowel signed by their prof and classmates as 'builders' of Disney.

It's fun to watch the Imagineering show on Disney because lots of what they are showing are things that my dad had described to me - who knows some of the scale models on the show my dad could have made!! That was one of the many things they got to do! Looking forward to watching more of the Imagineering to see what other things my dad described will show up!

Post 576 IP   flag post
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user

seen this on the Bradford Exchange website
Post 577 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 578 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Got this from my brother for Christmas to match my limited edition plate
Post 579 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Back when TV GUIDE was in it's prime I tried to save the FALL
PREVIEW issues...just ran across a box with a few of them still
in pretty good shape. Fun to look through them and see the ads
for the "NEW SHOWS".
Here's the preview review for BATTLESTAR GALACTICA from September

mm
Post 580 IP   flag post

Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
@martymann I used to collect TV guides wish I would have kept them
Post 581 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Saturday Morning 1978.

mm
Post 582 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Christmas present from my wonderful wife. Phil Esposito signed Boston Bruins jersey. This is being sent off to be professionally framed.

Post 583 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Some of you remember the Marvel Super Heroes animated shows from the mid-late 60's. Mike Royer was an uncredited artist for some animation in some episodes (and almost became the voice of Peter/Spidey).

The following are storyboards sent to Mike for the Sub-Mariner episode The Thing From Space (Rick Estrada Art)

Post 584 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 585 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Some of you remember the Marvel Super Heroes animated shows from the mid-late 60's. Mike Royer was an uncredited artist for some animation in some episodes (and almost became the voice of Peter/Spidey).

The following are storyboards sent to Mike for the Sub-Mariner episode The Thing From Space (Rick Estrada Art)

Who did you have to kill!?
Post 586 IP   flag post
Collector NoNoNoNoNoYes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Christmas present from my wonderful wife. Phil Esposito signed Boston Bruins jersey. This is being sent off to be professionally framed.

I still get choked up when NESN shows the clip of Phil getting his number retired. Bourque comes out and takes of his #7 jersey and we see the new #77 jersey underneath. My favorite "off ice" Bruins moment.
Post 587 IP   flag post
Collector NScott private msg quote post Address this user

BULGARIA - non-canon Conan!
Post 588 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNoNoNoNoYes
Quote:

I still get choked up when NESN shows the clip of Phil getting his number retired. Bourque comes out and takes of his #7 jersey and we see the new #77 jersey underneath. My favorite "off ice" Bruins moment.

Definitely a classy moment. Espo got a little choked up himself when it happened. It's safe to assume from your post that you're a Bruins fan?
Post 589 IP   flag post
Collector NoNoNoNoNoYes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Definitely a classy moment. Espo got a little choked up himself when it happened. It's safe to assume from your post that you're a Bruins fan?

You knows it!
Post 590 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You knows it!

That's always a good thing to hear. Go B's!
Post 591 IP   flag post

He likes to cheer with Daddy.
Post 592 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Great pic!
Post 593 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

Great pic!

Thank you 🙂
Post 594 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy

very cool. I loved that Marvel Super Heros show. I have the dvd boxset for Spidey and vhs and some burned copies of Captain America, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Iron Man and Submariner. Those were awesome for that time period and a lot of the stories came right from the Marvel comic book material. They used to play them on tv every afternoon in the 1970's. I would say that was my first exposure to the Marvel Universe. It is probably the main reason that I collect comic books to this day. These were very cool to see Siggy.
Post 595 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
very cool. I loved that Marvel Super Heros show. I have the dvd boxset for Spidey and vhs and some burned copies of Captain America, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Iron Man and Submariner. Those were awesome for that time period and a lot of the stories came right from the Marvel comic book material. They used to play them on tv every afternoon in the 1970's. I would say that was my first exposure to the Marvel Universe. It is probably the main reason that I collect comic books to this day. These were very cool to see Siggy.

Well then...

I have no idea who did the art for these story boards.
FOUNTAIN OF TERROR

Post 596 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Overstreet #4 cover proof signed by Bob about 10 years ago.

Post 597 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
My friend just posted this on his Facebook feed.

He is asking $7,200 shipped within US.

Just posting it here because I thought you guys would like to see the art.

Post 598 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
My friend just posted this on his Facebook feed.

He is asking $7,200 shipped within US.

Just posting it here because I thought you guys would like to see the art.

That’s a freakin’ awesome piece.
Post 599 IP   flag post
I should have added this to the Sub-Mariner Story Board post.

Post 600 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

well I know there is 100 green labels out there thanks to this book
Post 601 IP   flag post
Here is one of mine, signed by Stan. No stamps in this one. My other has all the stamps.

Post 602 IP   flag post
This is the much harder one to find, especially in this kind of shape.

Post 603 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
This is the much harder one to find, especially in this kind of shape.

your right about that, much harder to find. That's the 2nd series isn't it?
Post 604 IP   flag post
Yep! Series B.
Post 605 IP   flag post
601333 999 30