Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town OH so very kewl !!! Love Texas things
Post 526 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Promotional page from GREEN HORNET #16, January 1944.
"...cooperating with Government orders and printing less copies!".

OO

mm
Post 527 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Brother lives in new York. Sent these pix to me.

Brooklyn mall .. it is called "Industry City". It actually had mini factories and local stores with a food court.
On the way out... a statue of Captain America

Post 528 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I remember when they were talking about putting that statue up. The original design did not have the plaque that mentions Kirby and Simon. People got extremely upset, made a lot of noise (there may have been a petition) and that plaque was added to the statue.
Post 529 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The plaque was definitely a good touch. People need to be reminded of the people who made him great. Although chris Evan's did a wonderful job, (in my opinion) he would be nothing without those people that made it possible.

Side note.

I have a buddy from Brooklyn, New York. When she watched the captain America film, and Steve Roger's said, I'm just a kid from Brooklyn, she stood up and yelled Yeah!!
Post 530 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
a pewter figure I keep on my desk at work.

Post 531 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte That statue is so freaking awesome!!!!! I love that that was done. Cap is just as iconic as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman etc. Created by Simon and Kirby...that statue is PERFECT!!!!
Post 532 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Okay but I was at Gamestop and I swear she followed me home.....

Gamestop did an exclusive diamond form Emma Frost for their Marvel Gallery line, despite having not done a regular version. They went straight to the punch. This one was just released, along with Mysterio, Spiderman Noir, and a few others. She is massive, as you can see, with her arm thrown up like that and standing atop some broken up sentinels. Detailing is superb, nice flowing lines, You can bet this will disappear fast, since its only sold at Gamestop.

Best part....its only 49.99 PVC
Most statues and figures you see with this much size and heft seem to go for a few hundred...wasn't even a question for me.
Post 533 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
This showed up in the mail this week...

Post 534 IP   flag post
I never had the opportunity to see this in a theater.

OO (From STAR SPANGLED COMICS #126)

mm
Post 535 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Had this years ago and traded it for the Bowen Batman statue. Now I have it again! Sandman by Bowen.

Post 536 IP   flag post
Now that I have looked around I feel Like I missed the mark with my submission. So I am going to take a mulligan.
Here we go round 2
My unopened still waiting to be put together Spawn model from Todd McFarlane

Post 537 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Okay but I was at Gamestop and I swear she followed me home.....

Gamestop did an exclusive diamond form Emma Frost for their Marvel Gallery line, despite having not done a regular version. They went straight to the punch. This one was just released, along with Mysterio, Spiderman Noir, and a few others. She is massive, as you can see, with her arm thrown up like that and standing atop some broken up sentinels. Detailing is superb, nice flowing lines, You can bet this will disappear fast, since its only sold at Gamestop.

Best part....its only 49.99 PVC
Most statues and figures you see with this much size and heft seem to go for a few hundred...wasn't even a question for me.

I wish I could give a 10/10 . this is the winner of the sexy category .. DOPE!!!!!
Post 538 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
From the VHS era: This collectors set featured episodes of the old “Marvel Super Heroes” cartoon. It came with a signed and numbered art print by Steve Rude and a collector coin featuring Captain America.

It also came with a replica reprint of Avengers #1.

Post 539 IP   flag post

OO (MARVEL FAMILY #9 March 1947)

mm
Post 540 IP   flag post
Promotional ad for MAD #4

OO (From TWO-FISTED TALES #33)

mm
Post 541 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
My first FEATURED comic!

Post 542 IP   flag post
@Mountie73 That rocks!!!
Post 543 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Thanks! I was really hoping one of these was going to grade well. Had three others graded, 2 came back 7.0's and another 6.5.
Post 544 IP   flag post
Murphy's 6 month progress pic

Halloween dress rehearsal

Post 545 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Murphy's 6 month progress pic

Halloween dress rehearsal

wtf?
Post 546 IP   flag post
You have a good dog..
Post 547 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Is he an octopus or a metroid?
Post 548 IP   flag post
My dog would have none of that. That’s why I find it awesome.
Post 549 IP   flag post

Gotta love the hammer guy....
Post 550 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad LOL!! It certainly is a wtf picture! Holly is wearing the hat with pigtails and she wasnt cooperating. it took some time to get that picture.

@flanders It doesn't look like it in that picture but Murphy is a spider.
Post 551 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user

Me and my bro's went to the mcfarlane signing in az!
Post 552 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzies

Me and my bro's went to the mcfarlane signing in az!
whoa!!!! Super jealous!!!!!!
Post 553 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@danzies very cool.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, the line to meet him and get a signature was crazy! lol like literally around two buildings. I was lucky enough to get in the line early though.
Post 555 IP   flag post
596799 999 30