Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

This one’s heading for pressing and grading! Signed by Miller, Simonson, and Weller! Hopefully I can find an AW attending a Schwarzenegger signing one of these days. I was surprised how few were going to Silicon Valley Comic Con this year :/

Did you get the Weller signature through Trinity Comics?
Post 451 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
dropped my son off for bowling and lazer tag with his friends and my wife and I went for a carousel ride (5 cents!!) and a walk around a local beach type area and this was parked on the main stip!!!!

Told my wife the highlight of the day was the carousel ride with her and the Batmobile was a nice bonus....but come on, the freakin Batmobile!!!!!
Post 452 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
That rocks!!!!
Post 453 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics My friend owns one of the original Batmobiles from the TV show. Got to sit in it, what a trip that was!
Post 454 IP   flag post
Collector FURIOUSWARRIOR private msg quote post Address this user
Whilce Portacio Punisher
This piece started out a commission piece but Marvel was asking Whilce for more Punisher artwork so he gave me the option.
I'm no dummy, I had it published!
Had to wait a year and a half to receive it but well worth it.

It's been tucked away for 28 years and never been posted online anywhere and thought you guys might like it?
Post 455 IP   flag post

Whelp.. I guess the pictures didn't load. I'm a noob I'll figure it out
Post 456 IP   flag post

Post 457 IP   flag post
Alan Davis
Excalibur special edition back cover

Post 458 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Saw this today at my local comic book store. Carnage short box. Never seen anything like that before. Maybe they're common and I need to get out more
Post 459 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross
There are a few companies that make then and there are quite a few styles.

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/comic-book-storage/comic-box
Post 460 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
FOX GREEN PREMIUM COUPONS.

OO (From BLUE BEETLE #44)

OO(From BLUE BEETLE #44)

mm
Post 461 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I think this is pretty cool. I just made a deal on this stool that will go perfectly in my Man Cave.

The best part?

This is supposedly from the set of “The Big Bang Theory”.

Supposedly, it’s one of the two stools Stewart uses in the comic book shop.

I’ve bought from this guy before & those items were legit so, no reason to doubt the guy. And for what I paid, even if it’s just a cool stool, I’m fine with that.

Post 462 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I had never seen this paperbook before, but it’s pretty cool and reprints Swamp Thing 1-3 (thank you @00slim).

Post 463 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo You’re welcome. I thought it would be a cool novelty for any Swamp Thing fan. 👍🏼
Post 464 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Part of my coin collection.

Post 465 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
COMIC CULTURE

This is a show put on at UNC Pembroke where my son goes to school. It's a PBS broadcast in North Carolina where the host speaks with comic creators and writers. If you haven't seen it, don't expect lasres and flashes...it's discussion and Q&A, but its cool to have on in background while your doing something else.

Interviews thus far this 2019 season so far:

Gary Cohn and Paris Cullins
Glenn Whitmore
Dan Jurgens
Karl Kesel
Henry Barajas
Victor Dandridge
Klaus Janson
Loryn and Dave Stone
Roland Mann
Katie Skelly
Taylor Esposito

Interviews from 2018:

Shawna Gore
Sandra Bell-Lundy
Matt D. Wilson
HeroesCon 2018 Interviews
Andy Smith
Gerry Conway
Brian Silveria
Phillip Sevy
Chris Sims
Vince Rodriquez
Josh Fruhlinger
Bob Layton
Michael Eury
Keith Carter
Scott Hanna
Marco Santucci & Maria-Laura
Jim Starlin
Paul Kupperberg
Erik Larsen
Steve Lightle
Tom Lyle
Gordon Purcell
Jim Zub

https://www.pbs.org/show/comic-culture/
Post 466 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

My first commission.......
Post 467 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

My first commission.......
Very Cool. I like it.
Post 468 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Alex Ross posted this on his Facebook page.

I felt compelled to share it here.

Post 469 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Creepy doll heads available from Walmart for Halloween.

Post 470 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
I have some movie posters but This is the only one I Display.. It's under LED lighting and behind UV non glare glass.. It's in such good shape, if it could be graded I'd conservatively give it a 9.8+..
it was stored rolled and never folded..

I sent it to a Museum Archival & Restoration place in New York and had them deacidify the paper and then mount it on Canvas to preserve it.. FYI.. This is accepted by the Movie Poster Society and it actually increases the value.. Enjoy

Post 471 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Not comics, but I always loved this game and jumped at a chance to buy it.

Post 472 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I just got myself a fish for my office desk.....and I shall call him Yondu as he is blue with red fins!!!
Post 473 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
So, I have been working on frames for graded books and built my first frame big enough to fit four graded books across. I routed the edges on the outside frames and stained it black with white J-Channel.

Any suggestions for the next one? I still need to make a two book and a three book, and will probably redo the single book. I am thinking maybe a two-tone?

I am not trying to sell these here, but I would love to hear your opinions on them. Would they be something you would use?

Post 474 IP   flag post
Collector Red_Blade private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS witnessed signing event here in Manila (the Philippines) from a month ago.
Hundreds of people had their comic books signed by the Philippine-based Marvel artists that were present. Quite a number of Marvel/DC artists based here. Each time there's a signing event hundreds turn up.

If it weren't for the difficulty/impracticality of sending comics all the way to the US for grading, hundreds and thousand of collectors here in Asia would be hardcore 'slabbers.' So collectors here mostly only send a select few books in -- usually their most prized possessions. But I'm sure they'd send in much, much more if only it were 'easier' to send in books.

I mean look at this, this is only a city in the Philippines and not even the whole country yet. And not to mention the whole of Asia including China, Singapore, etc.
There really is a market for CBCS here. So come to Asia and start a branch for our convenience and also for your business.

Post 475 IP   flag post
@Red_Blade Thanks for sharing that info!!! I'd love to hear more about the Asian comic book market. I enjoy collecting international editions of comic books, and Asian editions are among the hardest to come by. The Philippine National Bookstore, Goodwill and earlier editions are especially hard to come by, not to mention tagalog. And Thailand has some of the coolest looking horror covers that I've ever seen!! Throw in the fact that the largest comic book convention is held in Japan, and I agree that the Asian market is ripe for a third party grader.

I'd be interested in hearing more about collecting in the Philippines. For instance, is there a lot of comic book stores? What titles/genres are popular? Is it mostly DC/Marvel or do indies sell well also? Are there any Philippine comic book publishers that publish comics unique to the Philippines? Is there any kind of internet market place that people use there to buy/sell/trade their comics? These are the type of questions that I have when it comes to markets outside of the USA. Personally, I find it fascinating how much alike comic book collectors are, regardless of where they are on the globe!!!
Post 476 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 477 IP   flag post
Collector Red_Blade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Red_Blade Thanks for sharing that info!!! I'd love to hear more about the Asian comic book market. I enjoy collecting international editions of comic books, and Asian editions are among the hardest to come by. The Philippine National Bookstore, Goodwill and earlier editions are especially hard to come by, not to mention tagalog. And Thailand has some of the coolest looking horror covers that I've ever seen!! Throw in the fact that the largest comic book convention is held in Japan, and I agree that the Asian market is ripe for a third party grader.

I'd be interested in hearing more about collecting in the Philippines. For instance, is there a lot of comic book stores? What titles/genres are popular? Is it mostly DC/Marvel or do indies sell well also? Are there any Philippine comic book publishers that publish comics unique to the Philippines? Is there any kind of internet market place that people use there to buy/sell/trade their comics? These are the type of questions that I have when it comes to markets outside of the USA. Personally, I find it fascinating how much alike comic book collectors are, regardless of where they are on the globe!!!

You're welcome, man!
We have like 3 major comic book stores that are well known and have branches in key locations. They also ship nationwide as you can order from them online.
There is also a 4th player by the way, although they're not really a comic book store but a general book store, and their forte is selling TPB's as far as comics go. They're well-known for that.

Anything DC, Marvel, Image, Dark Horse sells here. "Love American" is the general mindset here. And it's not just comics but in everything. Local products don't sell here and local comic book publishers usually don't last very long. To understand the psychology you have to examine the history the Philippine has with America. Even English is the sort of 'official' unofficial language around here as everyone speaks it! TV shows are American, movies are American, even the Radio plays American songs. There's even a joke that if the US were to accept another State, this country would run for it!

There's this local superhero called Darna (kind of like the Philippine version of Wonder Woman) and she's been around for decades. I mean everyone knows her, but people don't really go fanatic over her or anything like that.
Then one day Marvel decided to launch it's own Philippine superhero called Wave, and people here went CRAZY. Some of her comic book first appearance issue spiked as high as 26,000 pesos ($500 USD) among collectors here OVERNIGHT! Here's one graded by CBCS (photo not mine):

They're all sold out in all comic book stores here in spite of the prices. Because it's released by Marvel. As simple as that. So people here want American made comics, and then they want to have them graded by Americans so they send the comics all the way to the US (imagine the nightmarish shipping cost) for grading and then back (another shipping cost). Imagine if CBCS had a branch here!

There's no domestic competition here whatsoever unlike say in Japan where they have their own domestic thing going on with Anime and Manga and all that. Also the Philippines is geographically in the center of Asia -- up north are South Korea, Japan, China, and down south are Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia (each one having a very strong Marvel and DC fan base). This would make a perfect CBCS Asia Headquarters.

Check out the comic book stores here:

https://www.comic-odyssey.com

https://www.filbars.com.ph

https://www.fullybookedonline.com/

https://www.facebook.com/cqsales/

https://www.facebook.com/planetxcomicsphil/
Post 478 IP   flag post
@Red_Blade Thanks for the info!!! I remember when that War of Realms came out. I have a copy of it somewhere. I didn't realize it spiked so high there!!! It's good to see that it's not only here in the states where people go crazy over the latest hero!! LOL!!!
Post 479 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

HILARIOUS!!!!!
Post 480 IP   flag post
596780 999 30