Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I've had this vintage Dead Milkmen setlist in storage for a while now. Any tips on possibly removing the duct tape without damaging it? Thx in advance

Post 376 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
warm it with a blow dryer …..then peel slowly...
Post 377 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Sunday night during the SDCC After Party at The Local Eatery & Drinking Hole, having a drink with Diana Schutz & Mike Royer, and these 3 guys kept making a lot of noise (Aragones, Simonson, and Bud Plant).

And I believe that's [the back of] Dennis Kitchen to the left of Sergio.

Post 378 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Every August was Atlantic City time...no comic books that I
remember but I did build up a library of TARZAN books from a
book store on the BOARDWALK.

Marty
Post 379 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Love those Burroughs Tarzan books! Definitely worthwhile reading!
Post 380 IP   flag post

Easton Press printed deluxe leather bound editions of the first six novels.

The entire Burroughs collection has also been collected into four omnibus size editions.

Can’t recommend these highly enough!
Post 381 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Came across these cards that I forgot about. My grandmother was British and we used to visit England a lot when I was younger. I picked up these old cigarette cards at an airshow sometime in the 80s

Post 382 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
warm it with a blow dryer …..then peel slowly...

I wonder if duct tape is a kind that would lose its adhesion if placed in a freezer.
Post 383 IP   flag post

I believe this is a full set of starlog cover cards... I didn't even remember having all these...theres a couple hologram cards too
Post 384 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Flight of Icarus. Up the Irons!
Post 385 IP   flag post
In case some haven't seen this. Wish it was mine.

6 covers

Post 386 IP   flag post

Post 387 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
A 9.9 of that book is amazing, even without the misprinted, multiple covers.

I wonder what it would fetch at auction?

I’d guess a couple grand. Maybe more?
Post 388 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this a while back and Figured I would try one out. Some assembly required, and quite a bit more expensive than cardboard. Anyone else using them?

Post 389 IP   flag post
@esaravo I've seen them sold at some local shops. About $30 I think. Say they're good for transporting and storage. I thought about getting a couple for the more valuable slabs.
Post 390 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Bought one a couple of weeks ago, but haven't put it together yet.
Post 391 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Saw this a while back and Figured I would try one out. Some assembly required, and quite a bit more expensive than cardboard. Anyone else using them?

. . .

My younger son and I have been using them for a little over a year. We like them and haven't had any issues with them. Do some research and you can find them for about $20 (short/ungraded).

They are available in several sizes.
Post 392 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My old long boxes from 1992 finally gave and I replaced them with plastic corrugated boxes. They come regular sized or graded comic sizes. On Ebay they even have a couple of colors. They feel significantly stronger.

Here is a site that sells, but Ebay also sells them at a good price when they are on sale.

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/product/5410/bultra-boxxb-font-colorredplastic-corrugatedfontbrbfont-color2e4053-compact-comic-storage-box-bfontbr11-x-7-1316-x-11-brholds-up-to-100-comics
Post 393 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
My old long boxes from 1992 finally gave and I replaced them with plastic corrugated boxes. They come regular sized or graded comic sizes. On Ebay they even have a couple of colors. They feel significantly stronger.

Here is a site that sells, but Ebay also sells them at a good price when they are on sale.

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/product/5410/bultra-boxxb-font-colorredplastic-corrugatedfontbrbfont-color2e4053-compact-comic-storage-box-bfontbr11-x-7-1316-x-11-brholds-up-to-100-comics

I bought black ones that were regular long box size like these 5 for 55 dollars shipped to your door. I have been happy with them
Post 394 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

I have a few of these. I like them.
Post 395 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town

I'm a sissy so I bought short boxes. =(

But it turns out short boxes are much easier to manipulate.

A wire Costco shelf and a few boxes helped declutter a room. (Yes, the room is decluttered, if you saw before youd be appalled.

Post 396 IP   flag post
Here is something I did a while ago...its not ideal but it works as a comic solution for more sightly storage

Each shelf can hold about 2 short boxes worth of comics. It's all ikea stuff, the shelf unit is a Billy, the holders are flagellaks or some shit

We remodeled recently so a bunch of my stuff had to be downsized or made to look better for storage in a common area
Post 397 IP   flag post
@Enelson

It kinda looks like it belongs in a doctor's office. I like the glass doors. I would imagine it helps tremendously with dust....
Post 398 IP   flag post
Yes keeps dust out. Only flaws is its difficult to locate a particular issue at times and you cant use every shelf with the little holder boxes. I have these 2 in our living room

I also have this for all the trades

That's from ikea too, think it was a hennes or farvegnugen
Post 399 IP   flag post
Just acquired this beauty. A custom made bound volume of Hot Stuff Sizzlers issues 1-4. All the issues are 84 page Giants and are in excellent condition with exceptional whiteness! This is not a Harvey bound office volume. Whoever put this baby together did so with an eye to quality, including a stamped image on the front cover from a Warren Kramer drawing. I just love those 84 page Giants and they are very hard to find in grade. There were only a handful produced as the page count was reduced to 64 pages when the price of regular comics increased from 10 to 12 cents.

Post 400 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@esaravo I've seen them sold at some local shops. About $30 I think. Say they're good for transporting and storage. I thought about getting a couple for the more valuable slabs.

That's exactly what I did, Mike, I put my "best" slabs in it. The cost with tax was right around $30, which is too much in my opinion. But you can get that price down to around $20 each if you buy 5 or more (and then they will throw in free shipping too). At $20, it seems much more reasonable.
Post 401 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp - That's a great looking bound volume!

PS - Take a look at the stamp on Issue #1; could it have been a Pence copy?
Post 402 IP   flag post
@esaravo Thanks! Not sure what the significance of the stamp on the cover of #1 is. It definitely has an American 25 cent price on the cover.
Post 403 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@michaelekrupp - That's a great looking bound volume!

PS - Take a look at the stamp on Issue #1; could it have been a Pence copy?

Good eyes!!! Yes, that is a pence stamp. That comic was sold in the UK. And I LOVE Hot Stuff!!! So, yeah, cool book!!!!
Post 404 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp - Not all comics sold in England had pence versions, or US versions were sold, so they would stamp the covers. Here's an example I just found on Google of a stamped book.

Post 405 IP   flag post
596795 999 30