Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I've waited YEARS for someone to do this!!! I'm totally stoked to finally have my hands on replica prop comics from the movie "The Lost Boys"!!!! You can read all about them on the copied page. Both books have the same interior pages.

Where did ya get these? Do you have a link?
Post 326 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
DAISY AIR RIFLE WORLD-WIDE SAFETY LEAGUE PIN.

OO

mm
Post 327 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth
Link for both issues. You can also order just one, your choice, for $10 each. But the pair goes for $15, so I went that way myself.

You know, I've been doing some thinking on this, I've wondered why this is so cool for me. I think I figured it out.

Before "The Lost Boys", comic book collecting was never a part of a movie or tv plot. Two characters come to my mind that MIGHT have collected comics are Ralph from "Happy Days" and Horseshack from "Welcome Back Kotter". But it was not stressed for either one. In "Revenge of the Nerds", Booger MAY have been a comic book collector, but again, no major plot role. "The Simpsons" wouldn't come out for another two years in 1989.

There was nothing like "Big Bang Theory" or "Comic Book Men" back then. Collecting comic book basically had the same rule as "Fight Club" ... "You don't talk about comic book collecting!!"

I just remember how awesome it felt to see a comic book store and main characters talking about comic books on the movie screen!!! It was kind of a "coming of age" moment. I really think the hobby owes a lot to "The Lost Boys" for helping to make the hobby more public and mainstream. Maybe I'm overemphasizing the importance of the movie, but I really feel it is not given any credit for doing what it did. It gave a ton of comic book collectors some legitimacy. It felt good to see fellow collectors portrayed in positive roles as major characters in a large movie production.
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk

A limited edition "Xenozoic Tales" playset, filled with little plastic dinosaurs and some cheap plastic army men, styled after the Marx playsets of the 60s and 70s. Only 10 were made for sale at the San Diego Comic Con in 2007 with the approval of creator Mark Schultz. They were made by the same guy who laid out and designed many of the IDW Artist Edition hardcovers.

I picked up one of these fun little rare items (#8) by pure chance, and it's one of the centerpieces of my comic shelf and almost impossible to find. It's signed by Schultz and individually numbered #8 of 10.
Is the set sealed or are you able to show what the dinosaur figures look like? I would be fascinated to see them myself....if they are styled after the marx sets of the 60s...marx was barely hanging on in the seventies and many of the playsets were done by MPC as the change occurred.

Pics I found online to give you an idea of box contents, per request.

Post 329 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
HOWARD JOHNSON'S Ice Cream Pin...my favorite was Swiss Chocolate
Almond.

OO

mm
Post 330 IP   flag post

Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 331 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, I’m a huge fan of the movie ‘Tremors’ from 1990 starring Kevin Bacon & Fred Ward.

Every once in a while, I browse e-bay for props from this series, as well as a couple others.

They had a mini series reboot planned with Ward & Bacon returning in the lead. Unfortunately, it was canceled after the pilot wasn’t given the green light.

After some negotiation, I was able to grab two action figures made for the production.

Post 332 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Purchased this large 20" x 30" SDCC 1976 Jam Page from a reputable dealer recently. After some research we've figured out most of the sigs not specified in its ad, which was most of them.
The HTD sketch is driving me nuts! Last name appears to start with a Q[?].

Click the image a couple times to get a larger look.

1) CHRIS PARSONAVICH- Clint (Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters)
2) JERRY ORDWAY- Superman
3) ART NICHOLSON- (Artist- And he drew Superman a hat)
4) JEFF NICHOLSON- Ultra Klutz
5) ? Howard the Duck, but by who?
6) ?
7) ? Familiar bear...
8) BARARA RANDALL [KESEL]- (Writer, Editor)
9) JOE RUBENSTEIN- (Inker)
10) JOHN ROMITA SR. Spider-Man
11) ?
12) LARRY MARDER- I can't find any comics work for 1976, but Wiki shows, "He earned "his living as an art director in the high-pressure world of advertising" in Chicago from 1976, balancing his time in that profession with "a remarkable interior landscape of the imagination that coalesced into the vivid ecology of Beanworld.
13) HOWARD WHITMAN- Bandit (Jonny Quest)
14) TOM MANDRAKE- Batman
15) JOE CHIODO- (Artist- Alien Worlds, Twisted Tales)
16) ?
17) TOM ORZECHOWSKI- (Letterer- X-Men)
18) DENNIS MALLONEE- (Writer- Champions- ECLIPSE)
19) DON SIMPSON- Portrait- I can't find specific work by Simpson during 1976 (Artist)
20) TERRY BEATTY- Ms. Tree
21) LIZ SCHILLER- (Writer- Night Life)
22) SCOTT McCLOUD- (Artist- ZOT)
23) SUSAN BARROWS- (Letterer- M.I.C.R.A.)
24) CHRIS MILLER- (Artist- Alien Worlds)
25) ALAN KUPPERBERG- (Artist- Marvel/DC)
26) ?
27) JOHN TOTLEBEN- Swamp Thing
28) DEREK McCULLOCH- Dork-Man
29) TOM POSTON- (Artist- Robotech)
30) ? Familiar...
31) CHARLES VESS- Strawman Head on Stick
32) ART THIBERT- (Inker)
33) CHRIS ECKER- Profile- I can't find specific work by Ecker during 1976 (Artist, Letterer)
34) ?
35) PAUL FRICKE- Troll Lord
Post 333 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Number 6 looks very familiar. I'm watching WWE Extreme Rules PPV right now, but I'll delve deeper into it later and see what I can find.
Post 334 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
It says 86 on it. I think you are a decade off on the year. Neat piece. Frank Brunner does HTD sketches, but that doesn't look like his signature. Could it be Destroyer Duck?
Post 335 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
It says 86 on it. I think you are a decade off on the year. Neat piece. Frank Brunner does HTD sketches, but that doesn't look like his signature. Could it be Destroyer Duck?

You're right- Somehow it time traveled a decade since the last time I searched, but that explains why I wasn't seeing results I saw last time when searching up to '86.

Now I gotta start over
Post 336 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Cigar store Indian. Ironically enough, it was outside of a cigar store in Virginia.
Post 337 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
A very late anniversary gift from the wife! This artist was at Comic Con Revolution in Chicago. I thought this was funny. I guess she remembered and tracked the guy down to get this. It was a nice surprise
Post 338 IP   flag post
Tim Vigil- Neal Adams- Adi Granov

Post 339 IP   flag post
This is my Lord Of Light page

Barry Ira Geller
Mark Newbauer
Mike Royer
Steve Lord (Mike's long time Guest Relations Agent- and a GREAT guy)

Post 340 IP   flag post
Jim Steranko, obviously.

Post 341 IP   flag post
Dan Jurgens
Alan Davis
Jae Lee

Post 342 IP   flag post
Stan Sakai

Post 343 IP   flag post
Joel Adams

Post 344 IP   flag post
Marv Wolfman

Post 345 IP   flag post
Tom Nguyen

Post 346 IP   flag post
Buzz

Post 347 IP   flag post
Walt Simonson

Post 348 IP   flag post
Ron Lim
Whilce Portacio

Post 349 IP   flag post
Walt Disney
Mark Evanier
Buzz Dixon

Post 350 IP   flag post
Mike Mignola

Post 351 IP   flag post
Frank Cho

Post 352 IP   flag post
Scott Williams (couldn't find Jim Lee)

Post 353 IP   flag post
Willie Ito (very nice guy!)

Post 354 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
So...Clara Scroggins is (was?) the owner of the largest Christmas ornament (and Hallmark specific) collection in the world. She lives not far from me and they were selling off her collection last fall (she's in the hospital and needs money for medical treatments...I heard, I haven't met her). My wife and I like Hallmark ornaments so we went to the sale over 3 of the weekends (missed the first weekend). In addition to the regular ornaments, she actually worked as a designer and checked artist proofs so had a lot of one-of-a-kind ornaments and a huge collection of signed ornaments. I picked this up at the sale, I was actually less than $25 (Don't remember why...I did NOT ask for a discount I knew the money was going towards someone's medical treatment, I think it was the number of ornaments we bought). Got home and we started looking up some of the stuff we bought for between $1.00 and $5.00 and have several that sell on ebay for 60-80. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clara_Johnson_Scroggins

Post 355 IP   flag post
600809 999 30