Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT DE-CODER PINS.

OO

mm

Cool!

Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk

A limited edition "Xenozoic Tales" playset, filled with little plastic dinosaurs and some cheap plastic army men, styled after the Marx playsets of the 60s and 70s. Only 10 were made for sale at the San Diego Comic Con in 2007 with the approval of creator Mark Schultz. They were made by the same guy who laid out and designed many of the IDW Artist Edition hardcovers.

I picked up one of these fun little rare items (#8) by pure chance, and it's one of the centerpieces of my comic shelf and almost impossible to find. It's signed by Schultz and individually numbered #8 of 10.
Is the set sealed or are you able to show what the dinosaur figures look like? I would be fascinated to see them myself....if they are styled after the marx sets of the 60s...marx was barely hanging on in the seventies and many of the playsets were done by MPC as the change occurred.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
For those of you who play or played Diablo 3
This is the latest season (live) on my Hardcore (die once that's it your dead forever) lvl 70 Necromancer with lvl 300 Paragon

Post 303 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:

A limited edition "Xenozoic Tales" playset, filled with little plastic dinosaurs and some cheap plastic army men, styled after the Marx playsets of the 60s and 70s. Only 10 were made for sale at the San Diego Comic Con in 2007 with the approval of creator Mark Schultz. They were made by the same guy who laid out and designed many of the IDW Artist Edition hardcovers.

I picked up one of these fun little rare items (#8) by pure chance, and it's one of the centerpieces of my comic shelf and almost impossible to find. It's signed by Schultz and individually numbered #8 of 10.
Is the set sealed or are you able to show what the dinosaur figures look like? I would be fascinated to see them myself....if they are styled after the marx sets of the 60s...marx was barely hanging on in the seventies and many of the playsets were done by MPC as the change occurred.

Sadly, my comic shelf is at my home office and I am currently away on summer ministry, so no pics until September, I'm afraid.

The figures are nothing to write home about - I think the uniqueness comes from the box, which is designed in the Marx style with things like "Qua Hoon Brand" and "Mark's" playset (a nod to Mark Schultz). It even says "Jack Tenrec and Hannah Dundee approved" I believe.

The dinosaurs and army men are the little 15mm pieces that come in the plastic drug store bags of dinosaurs. It even includes one of the cheap plastic "mountains" and two plastic palm trees.

The box is a tiny tribute to both Xenozoic Tales and the Marx company, literally something you can pick up in one hand.

Here's a link to the article on my blog where I talk about picking it up:

clickable text
Post 304 IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
An extremely rare digest horror comics title from Mexico. Nobody knows how many issues this series ran for? All I know is that one of my goals this year is to find as many as I possibly can!

Post 305 IP   flag post

PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

OO

mm
Post 306 IP   flag post
LIBERTY MAGAZINE 1973 "THE GREAT CARTOONS OF THE CENTURY".

OO

mm
Post 307 IP   flag post
1979...$4.00 (Good for BOTH days)

OO

mm
Post 308 IP   flag post
Pins from the TOM MIX Radio Program.

OO

mm
Post 309 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
CAPTAIN AMERICA'S Sentinels of Liberty membership kit (1941)

Membership card, earliest version (Art changed in 2nd printing)...

Brass badge...

Mailing envelope (orig. owner family address covered for privacy)...

Post 310 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if I ever uploaded this but I got this for Christmas this past year from my brother.

Post 311 IP   flag post
Nothing to do with comics but it is the "coolest place"...
and the Coconut Shrimp are terrific!

mm
Post 312 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Went to the barber today; my mutton chops came out alright. This is probably my definitive old man look. 😀
I dig it. That's how I used to kick it on the boat.

Post 313 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
Went to the barber today; my mutton chops came out alright. This is probably my definitive old man look. 😀
I dig it. That's how I used to kick it on the boat.

Youse guys look swell, but dis is gitten muttonotonous.

Okay, so here’s the trimmed down version of el gato diablo from a couple of years ago.

The whiskers eventually recovered, returning to fuller follicularly bearded status along with the realization that I couldn’t play guitar like Duane Allman either!

And lo these many years I’ve never succumbed to barber-ism.
Post 314 IP   flag post
Dust cover. Artist Paul Laune.

OO

mm
Post 315 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
This keeps coming to mind because it has introductory pages to the mazes and one is a very early "new x-men" page of art. It must have been made right after X-Men #94.

Post 316 IP   flag post
Mine aren't in great shape because I used them, but these were cool.

Post 317 IP   flag post
This is on my mind recently, so I did a search through my collection to find it.
The month this came out, my local comic shop was shipped Australian versions instead of the US version.

Post 318 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
This is on my mind recently, so I did a search through my collection to find it.
The month this came out, my local comic shop was shipped Australian versions instead of the US version.

High grade AUS copies are tough to find for most issues, but some of the keys can command a premium (NM 98, ASM 361, etc). That's a cool kind of error for distribution to make.
Post 319 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

High grade AUS copies are tough to find for most issues, but some of the keys can command a premium (NM 98, ASM 361, etc). That's a cool kind of error for distribution to make.

I knew it was very unusual. My guess is that the printer actually made the error and Diamond didn't catch it.
I think we determined at the comic shop that Sullivan (sp?) was printing this title at the time. They were based in Alabama.
Post 320 IP   flag post
Somewhere in my collection is an Image comic that slipped through distribution without the edges being trimmed. It's too wide for a short box. If I find that, I want to scan it also.
Post 321 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Saw this bottle of wine yesterday at my local supermarket and had to buy it.
Post 322 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I've waited YEARS for someone to do this!!! I'm totally stoked to finally have my hands on replica prop comics from the movie "The Lost Boys"!!!! You can read all about them on the copied page. Both books have the same interior pages.

Post 323 IP   flag post
Complimentary pack of GITANES Filter Cigarettes given away at the
1968 Olympic Games at Grenoble, France. (Unopened)

OO

mm
Post 324 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 325 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I've waited YEARS for someone to do this!!! I'm totally stoked to finally have my hands on replica prop comics from the movie "The Lost Boys"!!!! You can read all about them on the copied page. Both books have the same interior pages.

Where did ya get these? Do you have a link?
Post 326 IP   flag post
DAISY AIR RIFLE WORLD-WIDE SAFETY LEAGUE PIN.

OO

mm
Post 327 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth
Link for both issues. You can also order just one, your choice, for $10 each. But the pair goes for $15, so I went that way myself.

You know, I've been doing some thinking on this, I've wondered why this is so cool for me. I think I figured it out.

Before "The Lost Boys", comic book collecting was never a part of a movie or tv plot. Two characters come to my mind that MIGHT have collected comics are Ralph from "Happy Days" and Horseshack from "Welcome Back Kotter". But it was not stressed for either one. In "Revenge of the Nerds", Booger MAY have been a comic book collector, but again, no major plot role. "The Simpsons" wouldn't come out for another two years in 1989.

There was nothing like "Big Bang Theory" or "Comic Book Men" back then. Collecting comic book basically had the same rule as "Fight Club" ... "You don't talk about comic book collecting!!"

I just remember how awesome it felt to see a comic book store and main characters talking about comic books on the movie screen!!! It was kind of a "coming of age" moment. I really think the hobby owes a lot to "The Lost Boys" for helping to make the hobby more public and mainstream. Maybe I'm overemphasizing the importance of the movie, but I really feel it is not given any credit for doing what it did. It gave a ton of comic book collectors some legitimacy. It felt good to see fellow collectors portrayed in positive roles as major characters in a large movie production.
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:

Pics I found online to give you an idea of box contents, per request.

Post 329 IP   flag post
HOWARD JOHNSON'S Ice Cream Pin...my favorite was Swiss Chocolate
Almond.

OO

mm
Post 330 IP   flag post
600740 999 30