Black Label edition with Herb Trimpe original art

Post 276 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
1974 Edition

Post 277 IP   flag post

Post 278 IP   flag post
Charlie Hustle was in town a week or so ago. I couldn't resist.

Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Three sketch covers by Tim Vigil I had done for me.

Post 280 IP   flag post

Also a rip roaring buccaneer pirate Rick by Kyle Starks, based on my sons D&D character. I will be filling in the rest of the page.

Post 281 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

Classic 😀
Post 282 IP   flag post
A few more I picked up for $15 each. Is that a good deal?

Post 283 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Not comic related but from my recent trip to Moab.

Post 284 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Not comic related but slightly comical..."SURE TO CLICK".

OO

mm
Post 285 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73 Absolutely, particularly for #5 & #7; especially if Barda ends up in the New Gods movie and is done well
Post 286 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user

Original production storyboard featuring Linus and Lucy from the 1972 "Snoopy Come Home" special. Woot!
Post 287 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I know comics rule, but so does anything comic-related. I pulled out my run of Amazing World of DC Comics at the request of another forum user, and wanted to share them with both you and him. These ‘zines contain great stories and amazing art, some of which was never previously published. I had a subscription, and back in 1975/1976, everything was delivered by “snail” mail. They also did not use any bags, boards, padding, or really anything to protect the book, only a paper envelope, so some bent corners were inevitable. I am showing scans of both front and back covers, because some of the back covers are that good.

Here’s #1-7:

Post 288 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
And here’s #8 - 13:

Yes, there is a “sun-shadow” on #13.
Post 289 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo So freakin’ cool!
Post 290 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
And here’s #8 - 13:

Yes, there is a “sun-shadow” on #13.

This reminds me of Old Man Logan where the Super-Villains (Hulk, Magneto, Red Skull, etc.) have divied up the US into a few separate territories.

Post 291 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Very nice!!
Post 292 IP   flag post
CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT DE-CODER PINS.

OO

mm
Post 293 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@martymann those Captain Midnight de-coder pins are incredible!!! I grew up hearing all about them, but I've never held one in my hands. It's great to see that there are still some out there!!! Thanks for sharing that!!!
Post 294 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@martymann those Captain Midnight de-coder pins are incredible!!! I grew up hearing all about them, but I've never held one in my hands. It's great to see that there are still some out there!!! Thanks for sharing that!!!

Always happy to show them...here's the manual that came with
the 1948 pin.

OO

Any interest in seeing the inside pages posted?

mm
Post 295 IP   flag post
For me there was nothing more exciting than that rare
experience of finding a comic book based on a favorite
radio program. It offered an opportunity to put "a face"
with the voice on the radio.

OO

The radio program offered a wall map (20x36) to listeners.

mm
Post 296 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Silver Superman ring (tarnished) and the box....

Post 297 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Silver Superman ring (tarnished) and the box....

Cool!

I was gifted a brass Superman belt buckle from the late 70’s. I should post a pic soon.
Post 298 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I think this is interesting.

Shoggoth's Old Peculiar by Neil Gaiman (a book, not a comic)

Post 299 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user

A limited edition "Xenozoic Tales" playset, filled with little plastic dinosaurs and some cheap plastic army men, styled after the Marx playsets of the 60s and 70s. Only 10 were made for sale at the San Diego Comic Con in 2007 with the approval of creator Mark Schultz. They were made by the same guy who laid out and designed many of the IDW Artist Edition hardcovers.

I picked up one of these fun little rare items (#8) by pure chance, and it's one of the centerpieces of my comic shelf and almost impossible to find. It's signed by Schultz and individually numbered #8 of 10.
Post 300 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT DE-CODER PINS.

OO

mm

Cool!

Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk

A limited edition "Xenozoic Tales" playset, filled with little plastic dinosaurs and some cheap plastic army men, styled after the Marx playsets of the 60s and 70s. Only 10 were made for sale at the San Diego Comic Con in 2007 with the approval of creator Mark Schultz. They were made by the same guy who laid out and designed many of the IDW Artist Edition hardcovers.

I picked up one of these fun little rare items (#8) by pure chance, and it's one of the centerpieces of my comic shelf and almost impossible to find. It's signed by Schultz and individually numbered #8 of 10.
Is the set sealed or are you able to show what the dinosaur figures look like? I would be fascinated to see them myself....if they are styled after the marx sets of the 60s...marx was barely hanging on in the seventies and many of the playsets were done by MPC as the change occurred.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
For those of you who play or played Diablo 3
This is the latest season (live) on my Hardcore (die once that's it your dead forever) lvl 70 Necromancer with lvl 300 Paragon

Post 303 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk

Is the set sealed or are you able to show what the dinosaur figures look like? I would be fascinated to see them myself....if they are styled after the marx sets of the 60s...marx was barely hanging on in the seventies and many of the playsets were done by MPC as the change occurred.

Sadly, my comic shelf is at my home office and I am currently away on summer ministry, so no pics until September, I'm afraid.

The figures are nothing to write home about - I think the uniqueness comes from the box, which is designed in the Marx style with things like "Qua Hoon Brand" and "Mark's" playset (a nod to Mark Schultz). It even says "Jack Tenrec and Hannah Dundee approved" I believe.

The dinosaurs and army men are the little 15mm pieces that come in the plastic drug store bags of dinosaurs. It even includes one of the cheap plastic "mountains" and two plastic palm trees.

The box is a tiny tribute to both Xenozoic Tales and the Marx company, literally something you can pick up in one hand.

Here's a link to the article on my blog where I talk about picking it up:

clickable text
Post 304 IP   flag post
Collector Define999 private msg quote post Address this user
An extremely rare digest horror comics title from Mexico. Nobody knows how many issues this series ran for? All I know is that one of my goals this year is to find as many as I possibly can!

Post 305 IP   flag post
596795 999 30