Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Just show something cool part 27584

PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Found this while cleaning out some old boxes.

I'm third from the left.

EM CLUB Guantanamo Bay, Cuba Summer 1955.
Local Beer served at 15 cents a bottle.

mm
Post 226 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@martymann Sometimes, there was nothing like being a sailor. I've been told that I had many a good times in Guam, Singapore, Japan, and the Philippines.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector Jimmers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Found this while cleaning out some old boxes.

I'm third from the left.

EM CLUB Guantanamo Bay, Cuba Summer 1955.
Local Beer served at 15 cents a bottle.

mm

Very cool Marty.Here's a pic of my fathers father around the same era.

Post 228 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Recently acquired painting (unfortunately this isn't a great photo, but the reflective glare off the glass kills iPad image's details altogether in normal room lighting)...

M. Brundage

OK, we were able to get a much better, properly scanned image (HA attribution), so here 'tis.
Obviously, the "X" in the upper right hand corner isn't part of the original art.

Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Finally completed my set of Planet Comics hardcover slipcase editions.
Post 230 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I got a couple cool pieces in the mail today. The first one is a limited edition cel from the movie Heavy Metal. I plan on adding a background and framing it. The second piece is a Budd Root She-hulk print signed by Budd Root. I've always wanted to get a Budd Root piece but have never found one that I really liked for the price. And I've been a long-time fan of the She-hulk (I have most of the Sensational She-hulk run). So, when I saw this piece at a very decent price, I nabbed it up!! I censored it for the forum.

Post 231 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Very nice. I will have to check out some of his work.
Post 232 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Kitty keeping an eye on a box of books outside a comic gaming anime store in Avignon France yesterday 😀
Post 233 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 234 IP   flag post
Collector jdangerc private msg quote post Address this user

Post 235 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Kitty keeping an eye on a box of books outside a comic gaming anime store in Avignon France yesterday 😀

One our cats looks JUST like that. Any idea of the breed? We’ve never figured out what kinda cat he is.
Post 236 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim no idea of the breed. The cat had a pleasant disposition and was not disturbed by me and others taking its picture .
Post 237 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Just got it stained...Grallator Dinosaur track from eastern New Jersey....Triassic age small guy , bi-pedal and this is the positive side of the track ….trying to tease a second print out of the area to the left of the first one now

Post 238 IP   flag post
Collector Silentstrider private msg quote post Address this user
Billy Tucci original piece from 2007 I got when he was doing Hero’s for Hire. This was around the same time as Cuvil War.
Post 239 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite vintage Jackie Chan movie, ‘Police Story’ (1985) got the Criterion treatment! Amazon just delivered it.

Been waiting for a blu-Ray release for YEARS. I have the Dragon Dynasty DVD release, but never got to upgrade to HD until now. Plus, this is bundled with Part 2!

Post 240 IP   flag post

No Dr who monster in the window of the creepy church 😂
Post 241 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Went through a box on storage I had forgotten about, found 5 unopened wax boxes of these. 1990 I believe.
Post 242 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 nice ! I remember those. Makes me feel young again just by looking at that box.
Post 243 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 was that the first it the second series? I remembered getting both and I think I picked up the Dr Doom hologram from series one. Then the x-men series came out and I think that's when I stopped getting the marvel cards. Feels like a life time ago
Post 244 IP   flag post
@southerncross that's the first series.
Post 245 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross yes.@GanaSoth is correct. These are the first series and from the first shipments, as I recall the first cases came with non-shrinkwrapped wax boxes. Like they used to ship all wax boxes back then. Then they started shrink wrapping the next batches and then from there on. So, these are original first series, first shipment. The ones that kind of started the rejuvenation on gum cards, sorta. Not sure if they are more valuable in 36ct wax boxes like this or busted out on sets with possible holograms. Any thoughts anyone?
Post 246 IP   flag post
@earthshaker01 looking on eBay, the boxes demand more $
Post 247 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@earthshaker01 looking on eBay, the boxes demand more $
cool but I keep getting this overwhelming feeling to rip into them, lol.
Post 248 IP   flag post
Haha. Then open it. Get a complete set or two with holograms. Sell the rest.
Post 249 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I used to place the packs side buy side to see which ones had he extra card in them....that was the pack with the hologram. I had so many hologram card sets!

I think they may have corrected that blunder by series II...but I don’t recall exactly.
Post 250 IP   flag post
WILLIAMS-SONOMA SPIDER-MAN & THE AVENGERS No. 1, July, 2011
published as a One-Shot by MARVEL WORLDWIDE, INC. by BROWN
PRINTING, Woodstock, IL.

mm
Post 251 IP   flag post

mm
Post 252 IP   flag post
Went to the barber today; my mutton chops came out alright. This is probably my definitive old man look. 😀
Post 253 IP   flag post
While going through a few boxes of my stamp collection I found
some copies of this weekly stamp magazine that I spent a dime
for instead of buying a comic book...I don't regret it.

OO

mm
Post 254 IP   flag post

Post 255 IP   flag post
596795 999 30