Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSP

Signature placement7571

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I found this interesting. On this Shocksuspenstories 8, Al Williamson signed it on the story he must have done, the 2nd story in the book. I would have never thought to look there, pays to read them!
Getting a pile for signature verification.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
What a great surprise, congrats. I've thought about going through my collection a page at a time, you never know
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Sweet find! I guess he's the writer?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
wow!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I thought al was an artist.....met him once....am I confused?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I meant a story he must have drawn, sorry.
Well I hope he actually signed it. Just read his Wikipedia, an artist and an inker later in life. Long, cool career, did a bunch of Eerie and Creepy it said too, and some Star Wars stuff.
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Well I hope he actually signed it. Just read his Wikipedia, an artist and an inker later in life. Long, cool career, did a bunch of Eerie and Creepy it said too, and some Star Wars stuff.

Very cool!!! Are you going to get that VSPd? A red label would look very cool!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Very cool!!! Are you going to get that VSPd? A red label would look very cool!

Absolutely! This is one of my favorite reds I currently have

Post 8 IP   flag post
16 above inexplicably has “Emergency book for the people shall judge” written on the cover by some wag next to the maniac. Oddly enough I kind of like the mysterious quote even though it hurts the grade
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
without sounding arrogant I hope. Met him a few times in Dallas. That's his signature if you ask me. Just saying from my own experiences
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I love love love red labels. Other than the price I still don't understand why it's not used more for signatures of the greats who are no longer with us and pre-slab days
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i like it
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
I still say they should switch the red labels to orange, making them closer to the yellows.

A guy I met at a con, working for cbcs, had a book where it was a collection of old batbooks.

In it, he had sigs by the respective artists on the 1st page of their work.

Thought it was cool. Makes reading the book very interesting.
Post 13 IP   flag post
597891 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?