Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Okay. There has always been talk about the labels though. I have no clue how many people they talked to in person about it.
Post 951 IP   flag post
Collector ThisLand private msg quote post Address this user
@Evangelon I did hear (and see) some complaints from people about the original label. I don't know how vocal they were with CBCS at cons. I didn't love the original label myself but in hindsight it seems like a good design that could have just been cleaned up a bit.

I have no problem with their decision to re-design the label. Just could have been executed better. Both the design and the logistics of the switchover.
Post 952 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisLand
@Evangelon I did hear (and see) some complaints from people about the original label. I don't know how vocal they were with CBCS at cons. I didn't love the original label myself but in hindsight it seems like a good design that could have just been cleaned up a bit.

I have no problem with their decision to re-design the label. Just could have been executed better. Both the design and the logistics of the switchover.

This sums up my opinion much more succinctly.
Post 953 IP   flag post
Collector jakecaputo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I held back submitting to see what the big announcement was, now I'm still holding back waiting to see what happens next. I'd bet a few others are doing the very same thing.
At the very least, it should do wonders for T-A-T's!

You can count me in on the waiting crowd.

Me too.

Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
@Evangelon nothing official but I would think that is it is a draw on finances to play around too much more and there are other things that are of much bigger significance to many other folks like a census, registry, website and forum fixes. To be blunt all of these other items mean more money than the losses they may take if people can't get over the label.

They spent cash to do the change and spending too much more is just going to ensure that other items people want are going to get delayed or, possibly, permanently shelved.

CBCS stands to lose a lot more cash with a poor graphic brand than they stand to gain with a census, registry and improved forum combined.

CBCS has their priorities straight and they are working on a new label.

Absolutely agree. If I were coming to CBCS for the first time right now, I'd see the label and immediately assume that they're not a serious company. Design conveys a lot, and poor design says "we're not trustworthy".
Post 954 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakecaputo
If I were coming to CBCS for the first time right now, I'd see the label and immediately assume that they're not a serious company.

Hopefully new customers would take the extent of their research a bit further than that.
Post 955 IP   flag post

Collector jdangerc private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I have put off buying a bunch of books because of the new label. And I have a stack of 10 keys that I was going to send in, but now I guess I have to wait until they update. Don't get me wrong, I love CBCS grading, customer service and the cases, but that label.....ugh!
Post 956 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
If I were coming to CBCS for the first time right now, I'd see the label and immediately assume that they're not a serious company.

Hopefully new customers would take the extent of their research a bit further than that.

@MR_SigS stop making me agree with you, it feels weird inside.
Post 957 IP   flag post
lol
Post 958 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Quote:

That weird feeling is called 'progress'.

I kid, I kid

But admit it- It's a good weird
Post 959 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That weird feeling is called 'progress'.

I kid, I kid

But admit it- It's a good weird

Seems to be a lotta beer drinking going on here!

Maybe another reason for that good feeling.
Post 960 IP   flag post
Fridaaaaaaaaay!

I'd like to think that around here, unlike at CGC, Friday is a GOOD thing!!
Post 961 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS why is Friday bad across the street?
Post 962 IP   flag post
@DarthLego maybe they can't afford beer?
Post 963 IP   flag post
@Oxbladder surely they can get some spare change from recycling all the used plastic from their reholders.
Post 964 IP   flag post
Now you got me thinking about the Old Man Dancers from the Simpsons

Post 965 IP   flag post
Quote:
@MR_SigS why is Friday bad across the street?

For some reason threads full of bigtime drama tend to start on Fridays more than other nights. Don't know if it's true, but it sure seems that way. Of course some people try to egg the whole thing on.
It's probably Moderation 'going home for the weekend', so things go unchecked.
Something like that.
Post 966 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

Some more scans of the new label.
Post 967 IP   flag post
@AndyRexia Man, those are harsh on the ol' peepers.
Post 968 IP   flag post
@DarthLego You don't like Beatty's, Rodriguez', or Latour's sigs?

Post 969 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Lol
Post 970 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I just hope they come out with some sort of statement soon. What's up with the prototype label from SDCC. I have some books coming up and I would love to seem them in the SDCC prototype label.
Post 971 IP   flag post
Collector Taco4000 private msg quote post Address this user
I've recently decided to try out CBCS after all of the great things I had read and just sent in my books to be graded before I heard about the new label It's not the worst thing in the world but I do wish it looked better. I was even fine with the label before this one.

What did the SDCC prototype label look like?
Post 972 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4000
I've recently decided to try out CBCS after all of the great things I had read and just sent in my books to be graded before I heard about the new label It's not the worst thing in the world but I do wish it looked better. I was even fine with the label before this one.

Post 973 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@JWKyle Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
I just hope they come out with some sort of statement soon. What's up with the prototype label from SDCC. I have some books coming up and I would love to seem them in the SDCC prototype label.

I feel exactly the same way.
Post 974 IP   flag post
Collector Taco4000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

It's... better. But it still feels like there is too much going on. I would take that over the new label any day though.
Post 975 IP   flag post
Collector RHall1101 private msg quote post Address this user
While the 'new' label isn't perfect, companies rebrand themselves all the time. I'm just excited that my books have done to QC and hopefully will slide through the rest of the process easily. I only have seven books currently in the system, so if CBCS comes out with something better I can always send them in for reholding.
Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector Evangelon private msg quote post Address this user
I was told by Customer service that the New, new labels will begin once the supply of new labels runs out. The only thing not working for me with that prototype is the way the white fades to blue and back. Looks like a 70's tydied T-shirt
Post 977 IP   flag post
Collector RHall1101 private msg quote post Address this user
It's retro
Post 978 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's... better. But it still feels like there is too much going on. I would take that over the new label any day though.

Post 979 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelon
I was told by Customer service that the New, new labels will begin once the supply of new labels runs out. The only thing not working for me with that prototype is the way the white fades to blue and back. Looks like a 70's tydied T-shirt

Well if this is the case then they need to make an official statement soon and let us know what's going on, how large the supply is and when they estimate it running out. There's quite a few of us who are holding back submissions because of the FrankenRivet.
Post 980 IP   flag post
615424 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?