Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

CBCS launches New Logo and Brand756

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
This thread hits capacity and we start a new one.
Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
That was 501 posts. What is going on. Mind blown
Post 502 IP   flag post
Forum upgrade, but they were afraid to announce it because of backlash from people who loved the threads getting locked at 500?
Post 503 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Forum upgrade, but they were afraid to announce it because of backlash from people who loved the threads getting locked at 500?

I literally knew you would put that
Post 504 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego love the avatar
Post 505 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
This thread hits capacity and we start a new one.

That has been adjusted for some of the more active threads.
Post 506 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac

People loved my avatar, so I changed it again, because fixing what ain't broke seems to be in style these days.
Post 507 IP   flag post
1K WooHoo, people love me, they really love me.
Post 508 IP   flag post
Quote:

People thought the green thumb up was to vote you off. Did no one say?
Post 509 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matterus023
Quote:

People thought the green thumb up was to vote you off. Did no one say?

Unfortunately this isn't Survivor, it's LOST, and I'm the Smoke Monster. Or maybe the polar bear?
Post 510 IP   flag post
Ok, this avatar has me channeling Bender, let me fix this...
Post 511 IP   flag post
I've implemented bold new colors.
Post 512 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Darth, people MISSED your uniqueness....,
Post 513 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinzebac

People loved my avatar, so I changed it again, because fixing what ain't broke seems to be in style these days.

Lol
Post 514 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
While not a fan, it will not stop me from submitting. Like many things in life, it may grow on me.
Post 515 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenWorthing
This has just been posted by Kurt Griffis on the Trinity Comics Convention Services and Sketch Opportunities FB group ..

>> Someone just got the new slab in hand, and it looks a lot better in person. The darker color of the blue makes it look a lot better. <<

I have to agree with Kurt. Dang thing looks gorgeous

I still don't care for the grade font, but yeah, they look great. The old logo also looked good, and also would on this new layout, but I don't care. The grade is where I need it, and the color is clear for me to see. I even like the rivets on top. And when I crack the books out, I won't have a problem displaying them behind the Fullback.
I wouldn't mind the title and issue # being a bit bigger, but it doesn't need to be.

I really don't care what the label looks like. All the examples shown in the last few days also look good. The only things I don't want on the label are the letters 'PGX', 'CGC' (with those big ass grade boxes), and the word 'incomplete'. But please, CBCS, some kind of heads up next time.
Just so there aren't more threads like this.
Post 516 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid

I can already see how such an announcement will start ... "To our customers: Since we unveiled our new corporate brand on Friday we have been overwhelmed by the positive response. There are a lot of folks out there who get what we are trying to do, and support our efforts to redesign our brand...

Dear God, I hope that isn't even close to what CBCS puts out, because that would be an outright lie. There has not been an overwhelming positive response,

Not every customer posts in this Forum. If you're prepared to make that accusation, would you be prepared to prove it?

Quote:
...and that sounds very similar to the garbage response that CGC told its customers about the Creep Engine.

It was supposed to.
Post 517 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS I didn't say all the feedback has been negative. I said there has not been an overwhelming positive response. I feel that's accurate. I just hope we don't see the type of statement CGC put out. CGC outright lied about their new slab receiving an overwhelming positive response.
Post 518 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
I agree that the CBCS case is the safest on the market - which explains your use of design elements such as rivets and a shield.

But the amateurish new design also makes your corporate brand seem dated, cheap and unprofessional.

The old logo and label were much cleaner and more elegant. Sometimes less is more.

And I'm speaking with 20 years experience as a corporate graphic designer specializing in brand standards.

My 2 cents.

I've been out of the country and just saw the new label design. I think the above sums up my sentiments perfectly. The bogus rivets look silly and remind me of the Titantic.

The saying "If It Ain't Broken, Don't Fix It" was ignored bY CGC. Looks like CBCS similarly ignored that maxim.
Post 519 IP   flag post
Quote:
@MR_SigS I didn't say all the feedback has been negative. I said there has not been an overwhelming positive response. I feel that's accurate.

That's fine, but based on what? Seems you'd have to be hanging around the CBCS facility to have any kind of idea of the TOTAL response they've been getting, don't you think?
Do you honestly believe the people in the 'hate it' camp POSTING HERE represent the majority of the response CBCS receives? Or is there another source of feedback that you're privy to that we're not?

Don't let the facts of your accusations be clouded by your feelings, my young apprentice.

Besides, you're making a claim against something Tedsaid typed, not CBCS.
Post 520 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS This forum and facebook are pretty much the only borometers I have to go by. I admit, if CBCS has ears in other places I have no idea what those places are. If you have sources showing positive response please share them with us. This forum is however the hub of CBCS's most loyal and vocal fans and customers. I think the collective voice here should not be taken lightly.
Post 521 IP   flag post
FWIW, I'm going to use my 3 remaining Fast Pass coupons and get some in hand before making a final determination. The old label looks better in hand so maybe the new label will as well.
Post 522 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego let me guess you wanted your avatar to look like a hologram so you could be like the new label?
Post 523 IP   flag post
@JWKyle Just bringing some Michael Turner love to the forum.
Post 524 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@JWKyle Just bringing some Michael Turner love to the forum.
You know that's good thing after how angry the aspen crowd was this last week. It looks like that is starting to blow over a little also. Plus it also looks like they are going to be handling thing a tad different moving forward.
Post 525 IP   flag post
Quote:
@MR_SigS This forum and facebook are pretty much the only borometers I have to go by. I admit, if CBCS has ears in other places I have no idea what those places are.

I won't say I know what they are, but I'll bet there are other forms of communication being used here. Not everyone displays themselves the way we do in a forum.

Quote:
If you have sources showing positive response please share them with us.

I'm pretty sure the only claim I've made in this thread (besides the amount of *butthurt in it) is the FACT that I like the new label. There's a positive response. There's been others in this thread. Do I know which camp has given CBCS the most feedback? No. I never said I did, unlike you.

That's never been my point. From the get go you've been making statements that suggest you are the voice of the vocal majority. Personally, I think[hope] it's just your posting style, and that you tend to exaggerate.

Quote:
This forum is however the hub of CBCS's most loyal and vocal fans and customers. I think the collective voice here should not be taken lightly.

Since I never claimed otherwise, I agree.

*In case anyone mistakes my use of the term; 'butthurt' does not include simple displeasure with the new label. It's for the overly dramatic ways in which people have claimed it has all but ruined their collections. It's for comments saying people should have lost their job for the design even though CBCS gave it a green light. It's for calling the staff involved 'monkeys' or 'clowns' or whatever it was. It's for insensitive statements about poor decisions being made by said 'monkeys' or 'clowns' or whatever it was during a difficult time. That is my intended definition of butthurt.
Post 526 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS I still love you. When you coming over with the toe nail clippers and car batteries? We Sith Lords love that stuff.
Post 527 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a post I put up in another thread about a week and a half ago before the announcement of the new label/logo design:

I think the current CBCS label is the best looking one on the market now. Allows the comic book itself to be the focus while providing in a non-obtrusive way the information that's the purpose of it being graded and slabbed in the first place.
It's is obviously very hard to reach that balance given all the different opinions being expressed here. We seem to want the label to not be too flashy, but still have some style and appeal that compliments, not detracts from the comic book held within.

I must say I am more than surprised and disappointed by the decision to change the label and the logo. This is not what was needed at this time, if at all, especially after being around for only 2 years and following closely on the heals of the other company's misstep. How in the world was this felt to be the most pressing issue that needed to be addressed right now?
In my personal opinion, this is not good on many fronts. First, the new label is hideous and a step backwards. Rivets are not necessary on the label or the logo. As someone mentioned earlier, the industrialized look is not appealing. The font looks goofy and too much empty space in other parts of the label and no bottom border of any kind makes it look like the bottom of the label was chopped off. Also, the original logo was beautiful and didn't look like an interstate sign or Zelda shield. How does anyone think this new logo is an improvement or was even necessary? Timing: bad, too many of us still jittery over what happened at the competition concerning their new slab and label design. Timing bad again: you've only been in business for 2 years. Changing horses now concerning your branding and the look of your labels just when you are gaining a foothold in the market just comes off all wrong and seems awkward. It hurts your identity, lacks consistency and may be confusing to the market (at least for a little while).
In light of all of this, I must ask, who was beating your door down to make all these changes? Just when you had the hobby turning more and more your way, you unload this huge change to your aesthetics and brand identity. Of course some are saying other companies frequently make similar changes regardless of what the customers think, but this is different, you are putting your branding on my comic books; the aesthetics and quality of the label and slab are incredibly important. As I said earlier, the label should have a style and appeal that compliments, not detracts from the book. You hit a home run out of the gate as far as I'm concerned with your original label/logo, but for some reason have seconded guessed yourselves into these changes. Considering all that has happened this year, first with the competition and now this, I'm beginning to have serious second thoughts about grading my books at all.
At least on the plus side, you didn't change your slab or slabbing process.
Post 528 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
While not a fan, it will not stop me from submitting. Like many things in life, it may grow on me.

I have most of the things that grow on me removed.
Post 529 IP   flag post
What are people's thoughts on whether will be any formal statement from CBCS today regarding the new labels?
Post 530 IP   flag post
619266 1176 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?