Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

CGC Crossover Service (no delete)7556

Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
There have been a couple threads started on this and deleted but it looks like Ricketts and Jesse have decided to allow it to stay.

Here is the Original email from CGC, feel free to discuss but please keep it civil so the discussion doesn't get actually deleted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGC_Email
CGC Introduces CrossOver Service at New York Comic Con

CGC is introducing a CrossOver service that, for a limited time, provides a 50% discount on CGC’s grading fees for comics that were previously graded and encapsulated by another grading company.

Here's how it works:

Comics submitted for CrossOver must be intact in another grading company’s holder.
These comics will be removed by CGC from that company’s holder and graded according to CGC’s grading standards.
They will then be encapsulated in CGC’s state-of-the-art holder, which combines superior optics and the most advanced archival materials, making it ideal for visual display and preservation.

Take advantage of this special limited-time offer to have your comics graded by CGC and enjoy the many benefits that come with trusting the industry leader for over 18 years:

The highest prices realized in the marketplace
The confidence of knowing your books were graded by the team of experts who have certified over 5 million collectibles.
The superior protection of CGC’s archival holder

CGC CrossOver fees are being offered at these special introductory levels:

Standard: $32.50
Express: $50
Walkthru: 1.5% of the Declared Value, $75 minimum

Please note: There is no guarantee that the grade assigned by CGC will be the same as the grade assigned by the other grading service. Signed collectibles submitted under the CrossOver service will not receive a CGC Signature Series label.

Submissions for CGC’s CrossOver service will initially be accepted at the CGC booth #2522 at New York Comic Con. CrossOver service will also be made available on the CGC online order form in the coming weeks to enable collectors to mail in submissions.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Get those pgx books in.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
That’s what I said. Nobody is going to take nice, clean CBCS slabs in to get Newton rings. However, to take a book from PGX resale value (term used loosely) to CGC resale value is a no-brainer.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Couldn't help but notice that the cgc price at baltimore comic con shot up to $30 a book! Now that's something to talk about. Geezus!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
Nobody is going to take nice, clean CBCS slabs in to get Newton rings

Debateable. Bye bye Rivet label!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman79
Couldn't help but notice that the cgc price at baltimore comic con shot up to $30 a book! Now that's something to talk about. Geezus!

What was it before? Must be taking advantage of the uptick in customers.
Post 6 IP   flag post
$28 I believe
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
As much as I don't want to admit it, this was a smart business move on CGC's part. They are taking advantage of a currently (perceived) hurting competitors weakness. CBCS did the same type of move when CGC was going through their slab fiasco a couple years ago. This is exactly why competition is good and the end consumer always benefits from healthy competition!
Post 8 IP   flag post
The CBCS staff at baltimore were awesome as always!! $18 vs $30 IS A NO BRAINER!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector IcantfindwhatIwant private msg quote post Address this user
CBC is making a smart move here. For anybody on the fence about which service to use, this might be enough to sway them. For some people It’s about the options provided by the grading service, which is what brought me to CBCS in the first place (signature verification was big). If they permanently add this to their arsenal, it could be a strong case for people choosing their brand. Especially for people like me who need all their cases to be the same...so they stack nicely...and look neat.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
This is all a conspiracy by CGC to change the conversations away from the main topic today! They want to hide the fact that Venom the Movie sucks hard!! Conspiracy I say!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
CGC play dirty pool and I'm not talking about this Crossover promo. Newton rings are here to stay as well for them it seems. CBCS is the grading company that will win out in the end. They are simply the superior company in almost ever way.

The fact that CBCS even allows a thread like this is an indication of their openness, acceptance and transperancy.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
SUPERIOR OPTICS brah
Post 13 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
optics for all intents and purposes is reality.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
CGC play dirty pool and I'm not talking about this Crossover promo. Newton rings are here to stay as well for them it seems. CBCS is the grading company that will win out in the end. They are simply the superior company in almost ever way.

The fact that CBCS even allows a thread like this is an indication of their openness, acceptance and transperancy.

They may be superior in quality, but they will still lose out to better customer service and turn around times. I bet 95% of the consumers out there weighing between cgc, pgx and cbcs don't know about Newton rings...and 80% probably wouldn't care if you explained it to them.

But pertaining to the offer it does nothing for me unless I want to convert a cbcs slab to cgc to make a better profit on a sale...likely not worth the investment even if cgc sells,for slightly more.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

They may be superior in quality, but they will still lose out to better customer service and turn around times. I bet 95% of the consumers out there weighing between cgc, pgx and cbcs don't know about Newton rings...and 80% probably wouldn't care if you explained it to them.

But pertaining to the offer it does nothing for me unless I want to convert a cbcs slab to cgc to make a better profit on a sale...likely not worth the investment even if cgc sells,for slightly more.

I get what you're saying but for me, I am not a dealer, I'm a collector. I dont buy from CBCS because of their TATs. I buy because everything about their product is superior. TATs, to me mean very little. Ofcourse, given the choice between short and long TATs, I'll pick short but long TATs are not enough to make me switch. I'm not buying TATs...I'm buying superior grading, slabs, VSP service, pressing etc. If this takes longer, so be it.

I'm not sure about your #'s (95% and 80%) but if people care about their collections like I do then in my opinion there's really no choice you have to choose CBCS.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@GAC could you please clarify what specifically is superior?
Post 17 IP   flag post
more consistent/accurate grading, chrystal clear slabs.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@GAC Thank you
Post 19 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn’t blame CBCS for not allowing this to be promoted on their website (I’m considering the forums as part of their website). Allowing it’s not the wisest decision, I suppose it’s speaks to their belief in their product.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not exactly surprised that CGC has decided to throw this out there, but the timing of it is interesting. Now that the perceived weakness in CBCS (TAT, customer service, not rescuing puppies from a burning building, etc) are very public, it seems an aggressive move. Their pricing sucks ass, and "superior optics" is quite the stretch. However, with the current state of affairs at CBCS, who can blame CGC for putting this out? I'm a collector first, so the TAT doesn't really bother me too much. What does bother me is the lack of customer service. Look, I like CBCS. I've been using the service since 2015, but damn. It went to heck the year I was in the sandbox.
It's a bold move, but I don't know how many people will take advantage. I took advantage of CBCS' offer of reslabbing after CGC's slab fiasco. There isn't a slab fiasco at CBCS as far I know, and PGX is still PGX. My hope, as it has been, is that CBCS will un-f**k themselves and get it together is the very near future because I would like to see them succeed. Even my rivet label slabs would just go back to CBCS for a reholder with the more slightly label. I don't need to play the re-grade game with them. Semi-tangent over. Post coming to new to the collection thread soon.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector IcantfindwhatIwant private msg quote post Address this user
Newton rings are the ultimate dealbreaker for CGC. I feel if the consistency of these was more well known they would lose a lot of business. Why trade in a clear case for the risk?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley

You’re prob right, CGC smells blood and thinks this could be a killshot.

It’s not.
Post 23 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@Studley_Dudley

You’re prob right, CGC smells blood and thinks this could be a killshot.

It’s not.

I agree.

Anyone who sends in a slab from CBCS to the cgc to be regraded probably isn't going to submit anything to CBCS any way. I have bought several CBCS 9.6s lately because 9.6s from CBCS or the cgc are a lot cheaper than their 9.8 counterparts. I have found that the the 9.6s from CBCS look fantastic. I have 9.8s (bought at a 9.8 price) from the cgc that don't look as nice as the CBCS 9.6s.

I'm sure other collectors have experienced just the opposite, but I have no complaints.

Newton rings and the puddling in the back inner well of the cgc cases are complete deal breakers. The puddling actually damages the book and requires a press to repair.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcantfindwhatIwant
Newton rings are the ultimate dealbreaker for CGC. Why trade in a clear case for the risk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
SUPERIOR OPTICS brah
Post 25 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
SUPERIOR OPTICS brah
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman79
The CBCS staff at baltimore were awesome as always!! $18 vs $30 IS A NO BRAINER!

$18 isn't a bad deal, plus that's $1 for every month you'll have to wait to get your books back lol
Post 27 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Lol
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS rules! What I am wishing is that slap that CGC is going for will force CBCS to once again resume the great customer service it was once known for! And TAT's need to be improved upon I still remember when CGC also took 6 months to grade your books but they got over that so CBCS should also get over it! Then all of our lives will be perfect with CBCS!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
Get those pgx books in.

I have 5-6 pgx slabs waiting just for this moment. They shall be freed!
Post 30 IP   flag post
597868 64 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?