Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

CGC Crossover Service (no delete)7556

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It's not that they forget. They don't care.
Post 51 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
precisely!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
SUPERIOR OPTICS brah
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim

I'm thinking that its gone well for them! Especially hearing that incentive of only charging $10 for books that get a lower grade. Do you think they will only charge $10? I doubt it, they will probably keep grades and not grade and just encase in CGC slabs. lol

I think they (cgc) know cbcs grades equivalent or stricter, and tha 95% of the re-grades will be the same or higher. Bet you cgc even keeps internal stats on such things.

Now, pgx....not sure what the are thinking there, other an maybe most won't send theirs in for fear of getting a significantly lower grade.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I'm thinking that CGC hired too many new graders and staff to get their TATs sped up. However, with the con season over, submissions will slow down and they need the revenue to keep that staff. And quite honestly, I don't think they got the response they had hoped for, so they made the deal good over all tiers and threw in the $10 deal. I'm actually looking at this as a desperate ploy on their part for business. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are in any danger of going bankrupt, but I think they need the volume to keep their staff. Just my thoughts.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

Sounds very possible.

Also, regarding CBCS slabs, they should be pretty easy regrades considering the grader’s notes are freely available online.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure how cgc isn't doing great. They most likely are getting most of cbcs customers now, monopolizing cons, ebay is like 95% cgc and this program is making want to send pgx graded comics in.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
Am I the only one that finds the flat $10 fee for a lower graded book calls the whole process into question? To me that screams "Here's a discount if we decide to give you one." Even if the book was graded correctly to begin with, there would be a stigma that you paid a promo price to have it reholdered in a CGC slab. The day CGC consistently agrees with PGX for their bottom line is a very sad day indeed.
Post 58 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squack
Am I the only one that finds the flat $10 fee for a lower graded book calls the whole process into question? To me that screams "Here's a discount if we decide to give you one." Even if the book was graded correctly to begin with, there would be a stigma that you paid a promo price to have it reholdered in a CGC slab. The day CGC consistently agrees with PGX for their bottom line is a very sad day indeed.

Thought this exact same thing!! You have to send the book still in the slab so they'll know the grade and then decide whether to apply the $10 offer/lower grade or not...hmmmmmm.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector jdennis3 private msg quote post Address this user
Going to send in a PGX 9.9 Probably will come back a 9.8 and only have to pay $10 Win/Win lol
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
My 11 year old was just talking about how CGC will probably give the books from the other companies lower grades to make those companies look like they don't know how to grade. He said this is all a trick for CGC to make the other companies look bad.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
My 11 year old was just talking about how CGC will probably give the books from the other companies lower grades to make those companies look like they don't know how to grade. He said this is all a trick for CGC to make the other companies look bad.

Wouldn't they rather give a higher grade and charge the complete cost?
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I'm letting him answer. He said:

It depends on what they (CGC) are trying to do. If they want to generate money, that's the way to go. However, if they want to make collectors think that other companiezs can't grade properly, they will point out every little thing they can to try to hurt the other companies reputation. If this promotion is effective, CGC doesn't lose. They either make money or hurt the other guys reputation.
Post 63 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
The talk of CBCS "Catching up on their back orders" has been going on for years now and it's hard to believe that will change any time soon. Quality control seems to also be lacking as I see more and more label mistakes etc... customer service is also virtually non-existent.

From a company stand point at this time, CBCS is not even in the same league as CGC. Maybe and hopefully that will change.

If your going to defeat the champ you have to decisively knock them out. At this point the champ is landing text book combinations on a foe leaning on the ropes hoping to be saved by the bell.
Post 64 IP   flag post
601201 64 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?