Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Events

7-15-16, Woke-up to find the shield changed755

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
It is 7-15-16. The shield/logo changed on the main page and the sign in page. Anything else gonna happen????
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
I like the new label.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector akionabr private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry, but the design is not my cup of tea. Reminds me of windows 98 games.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector ThisLand private msg quote post Address this user
Not a fan. I didn't love the old labels but I think these are actually inferior.
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Not a big fan of the new logo. It looks less professional to me. Something you would have to collect in a video game. At least it doesn't look like a tit that's been sketched on by a plastic surgeon. So, there is that.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
No, I'm not going to love that new label!
It's garish and detracting from the book that I want to look at.
Well I guess the money is what drives the market(and their priorities.)
The label hoes bitched about the label not being the center of attention, so they got what they wanted.
A brightly colored attention grabbing, peacock of a label.
The new Kardashian label, not much substance, but tons of flash.
It's as bad as CGC's new label.

Wow, thanks a lot CBCS.
Can we request that the old label design be used on our submissions?
Something subdued and tasteful for the collectors, something loud and garish for the flippers?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Sanemoreorless private msg quote post Address this user
I'd jump on the bandwagon for requesting old labels. Change is always difficult but these colors aren't just jarring, they're garish and unsightly. It's definitely putting me off getting any red labels. I'm a much bigger fan of the old labels, all the way around. Can we vote to bring them back? Please?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Gwenlocke_Variant private msg quote post Address this user
i like the old label better. i don't know. maybe it will grow on yea....
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be the first to say I like them. Since most of my graded comics stay in boxes I'm not interesting in the aesthetics of the label. BTW, it is nice to have a company listening to the people that buy their products. They heard us. That's a lot more than can be said about the other company.

Is the shield in the label now a holofoil? It looks that way in the case at certain times in the video.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
I love the new label looks sleek and the hologram shield is great!
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The new label on the main page looks cheap and copy/pasted in MS Paint. Just saying. I like the new labels though. Work on better web design IMO.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Kanaloa private msg quote post Address this user
new label way better looking. Seems like some of you hate change. This label is simpler design and makes it easy to differentiate the two main grading companies. Good job CGCS
Post 13 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanaloa
new label way better looking. Seems like some of you hate change. This label is simpler design and makes it easy to differentiate the two main grading companies. Good job CGCS

Let's not get carried away. The new label isn't an obvious improvement except, arguably, the holographic shield design. The existing label was already easily discernible from CGC labels. In all honesty I'm on the fence here and trying to be positive. As a compromise, I would hope CBCS considers offering an old label option for those of us who prefer the CBCS labels already in our collection.

It's frustrating when well meaning folks suggest that those who respond disapprovingly hate change. It's like stating that those who don't like the alterations are too "old school" to accept change. Disapproval isn't the same thing as hating change and condescension doesn't promote constructive debate.

Personally, I think change can be either positive, negative, or someplace in between, but should never be done cavalierly, just for the sake of change. I don't care for the new grade font or the strong color bracket along the top and right/left edges. There is one aspect of the new CBCS label that works for me, the holographic shield design, ...and not everyone likes it. Barring the shield, my subjective impression of the new label isn't favorable.

For collectors who seek consistency with other blue labels in their collection, the conflicting color palettes won't be seen as an attractive addition. The reason I mention blue is that there is a subjective mental image of blue as a winning color (think blue ribbon). We identify the color blue with pride of achievement on a purely psychological level.
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I think the old shade of blue was much better too.
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica That's one argument I've heard a lot and I really hate because it's reductive and dismissive. "I guess people just don't like change!" No, what people hate is bad design, which a lot of people (myself included) think is the case with the new label and have pointed out their reasons for thinking so.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I agree 100% with you. I have zero problem with change. I do have little patience for poor graphic design however. Professional companies should have professional clean and crisp design that has instant eye appeal and instant identification of the company from competition. Company branding is a very important part of any business, and poor branding can break a company.

I don't know why CBCS didn't just hire Thanos, he was already on the right track with a clean design, even if the whole publisher logo idea was scrapped.
Post 17 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:

Let's not get carried away. The new label isn't an obvious improvement except, arguably, the holographic shield design. The existing label was already easily discernible from CGC labels. In all honesty I'm on the fence here and trying to be positive. As a compromise, I would hope CBCS considers offering an old label option for those of us who prefer the CBCS labels already in our collection.

It's frustrating when well meaning folks suggest that those who respond disapprovingly hate change. It's like stating that those who don't like the alterations are too "old school" to accept change. Disapproval isn't the same thing as hating change and condescension doesn't promote constructive debate.

Personally, I think change can be either positive, negative, or someplace in between, but should never be done cavalierly, just for the sake of change. I don't care for the new grade font or the strong color bracket along the top and right/left edges. There is one aspect of the new CBCS label that works for me, the holographic shield design, ...and not everyone likes it. Barring the shield, my subjective impression of the new label isn't favorable.

For collectors who seek consistency with other blue labels in their collection, the conflicting color palettes won't be seen as an attractive addition. The reason I mention blue is that there is a subjective mental image of blue as a winning color (think blue ribbon). We identify the color blue with pride of achievement on a purely psychological level.

I hate change.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector TimesChange private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed DrWatson, rarely do I like change, unless its better, needed, or a real reason for the change.

Companies are always changing even when not needed, or worse discontinuing things Foods I like...gone, sneakers forget about it, have to buy multiples.

Once my cereal was discontinued and I purchased CASES of it, had it for a good while after they went out.

A lot of collectors share these traits, that is why we collect, saving the past that we loved.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I will now only be buying old label slabs on ebay as well. Stock up, they are now an endangered species.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Well put Cat Man. I think CBCS should give the option of new or old label ( at least for a wile for submissions. I'm still on the fence, but from a 'creating buzz around your product' standpoint, it's certainly made a splash as loud as CGC's recent label/case change debacle.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I vote for the old label better. The only good out of this I can see is we can tell which slab is older then the other.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Wait - do you think old label CBCS will go up in value now over the new ones? Not on purpose but by opinion of design? Ooooh this could be interesting!

Post 24 IP   flag post
I know of at least one that increased by $100 in the last 24 hours.
Post 25 IP   flag post
600686 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?