Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@dielinfinite That Wolverine HC is sick!!!! I'm totally jealous!!!
Thanks! That one was made as a gift for a cousin of mine who was in the navy at the time and stationed in Japan at the time. He is also a big Wolverine fan.

I’m really happy with how the book came out as well though I am really upset that i wasn’t able to get the Kitty Pryde & Wolverine mini-series in there

It doesn’t really have as much of a narrative as the Kingpin book but it includes the Wolverine mini-series, the Logan mini-series, Back In Japan, 5 Ronin, and the Permament Rage arc from Wolverine Max
Post 26 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Love the water colour!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post

Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post

Post 31 IP   flag post
The Scar Giver Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@KYoung_1974 Besides the six issue Captain America: Chosen series, David Morrell has also written two Amazing Spider-Man comics. They are Issues 700.1 and 700.2. There were some errors that were in 700.2 that were corrected in the tpb collection, Amazing Spider-Man: Peter Parker - The One and Only. I actually have both comics signed by Morrell and with several papers stating what was wrong with the issue and his corrections. He also did a one-shot for Savage Wolverine. That was issue #23 and ended up being the last issue of that series. I absolutely LOVE the cover. I have copies of all the comics signed by Morrell.

@KatKomics Mitch Breitweiser, his wife Elizabeth and writer Mark Pellegrini collaborated to do a tpb titled "Red Rooster". It was funded on Indiegogo. I was able to sign up for a copy plus an Artist's sketchbook. It is to come out in March, 2019. But all the art is watercolor. Here is the cover and some art. I'm not sure that all of these will be in the book, but they are what Mitch teased us with on his Facebook page.

Post 32 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

Another one of my favorites, plus the Superman volume...

Post 33 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

This is one I would like to get someday.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
All In Color For A Dime, First Edition, 1970...

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I got this one as a kid in the 80's. Still have but unfortunately the dust jacket was lost a long time ago.
Post 36 IP   flag post
A few more custom binds. The top row in each image are the official hardcover releases and the bottom rows are my custom binds to complete the runs

Post 37 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I gotta ask, where do you get these done?
Post 38 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O All my custom binds were done by Houchen Bindery, including the fancier Fables books I posted earlier. They've got a lot of options but there's a 3 book minimum they've instituted since the last time I got a book done by them.

Anyways, if you're looking to do one, I'd love to help you work out any of the graphics you may need (covers, dust jackets, etc)
Post 39 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Thanks!! I'll look into it more. If I decide to do it, I'll definitely hit you up on that offer!!! Those covers are awesome!!
Post 40 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O No problem! As a personal recommendation, I'd say that getting a casewrapped hardcover (with the artwork directly affixed to the boards) is probably your best balance of cost and presentation. The standard clothbound covers have a rather utilitarian look and it can cost a bit to spruce them up with foil stamps or dust jackets. I went for the dust jackets on the Punisher and Daredevil books because I wanted to match the existing books as closely as possible.

I went for the casewrap for my last book since it was cheaper and just happened to match the officially published books

On a side note, I was able to get the Robocop vs Terminator book signed by Walt Simonson (unfortunately my Gallery Edition hadn't arrived in the mail by the time I met him

And Frank Miller's Robocop I got signed by Frank Miller and Robocop himself, Peter Weller

Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I am surprised nobody has posted these yet. Probably the single greatest reference books about comics ever published. Photos of the covers of nearly every golden age comic.

Post 42 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp I seem to recall posting iPad shots of the Gerber Photo-Journals in another thread, but you're right, it was well past time for them to be posted here!

While I'm thinking about it, here's another outstanding hardcover (highly recommended)...

Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
One of my favourite reads, The Court of Owls

Post 44 IP   flag post
Catman, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: you have the COOLEST stuff! I bought “All in Color for a Dime” and “The Comic Book Book” back when Krause re-issued them in the ‘90s, but I had never even seen a first edition hardcover before. I also have the golden age Cap marvel masterworks volumes, which are pretty sweet, but the slipcase edition? Even sweeter! And as for the Basil Wolverton book, that was something that wasn’t even on my radar, but it sure is now! Thanks for pointing that one out.
Post 45 IP   flag post
I don’t own a whole lot of super deluxe signed authenticated items like many of you guys, but here is one I do have: a signed and numbered copy of “The Legend of Grimjack”, one of my favorite 1980s comics. The hardcover edition was limited to only 1000 copies, each hand signed by co-creators John Ostrander and Tim Truman.

Post 46 IP   flag post
Two more great books on the history of comics from the late Joe Simon, one biographical in nature, the other providing a depth of information and anecdotal stories about many more creators of comics...

Both of these warts & all books on the comic industry are highly recommended!
Post 47 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 48 IP   flag post
I’m a fan of the limited edition books Graphitti Designs used to release before they became a merchendising arm of DC. They reprinted great content with (mostly) tastefully elegant presentations:

Marvels:

Earth X:

History of the DC Universe:

Elektra Lives Again (mine happens to be an artist proof copy):

Daredevil Visionaries: Frank Miller (I got my set super cheap because they were missing the dust jackets):

Post 49 IP   flag post
The early 1980s were the period when I was most excited about what new comics were coming out. In the modern era, many of my favorites have been reprinted in deluxe edition hardcovers.

Camelot 3000 was a great comic which is infamous for the ridiculously long delays between issues back when it was being published.

Mage is another largely forgotten 80s title that is worth seeking out.

Jim Starlin’s Dreadstar is still one of my all time favorites. Plus the hardcover collection sports a sweet wraparound cover.

And Howard Chaykin’s American Flagg! Is a comic that had an incredible impact at the time, but is largely forgotten today.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 51 IP   flag post

Post 52 IP   flag post

Post 53 IP   flag post

Post 54 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I am bringing my Love & Key hardcovers into NYC for Joe Hill's signature. Rodriguez signed them already.

From the size and weight of the box people are going to think I brought my rock collection.
Post 55 IP   flag post
603982 64 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?