Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
1 new to me and 1 just plain new!!

Everyone was going crazy over RedGoblin etc...just wonder how many of these hardcovers there are?
Will be nice to get signed/sketched?

With Dust Jacket

Without!

And from the early 1980's (but new to me!)
Steranko Captain America in a collected Hardcover!

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I love hardcovers. They’re my favorite way to read the stories I collect in single issues, particularly massive omnibuses.

I’ve had a few books custom bound collecting stories or ouvres that haven’t been collected officially.

Marvel’s The End line of books:

Garth Ennis’ various Nick Fury mini-series’:

A custom-bound Fables set for a friend:

A couple of Christmas presents:

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post

Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post

Post 6 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Those are great -never though of getting my own hardcovers made up!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@dielinfinite Those are great -never though of getting my own hardcovers made up!

I think it's can be a good idea to collect interesting sets when the individual issues are overprinted and don't hold a lot of value by themselves.

Here's a set of Unity bound.

Post 8 IP   flag post

Post 9 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite Hardcover of all-time is Batman From the 30's to the 70's. I recently found a near perfect copy on eBay, seller said he bought it from an estate sale where it was sitting on a shelf with other Batman books. Absolutely no bends or dings on the dust jacket and the actual book is perfect with bright white pages! I never thought I would find a copy in such nice condition & I had been searching for years. I used to own this as a kid so it had special memories for me.

The actual book looks better in person, photos show scuff marks that I cannot see with the naked eye.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

I think it's can be a good idea to collect interesting sets when the individual issues are overprinted and don't hold a lot of value by themselves.

I think it’s fun as it lets you recontectualize the stories within the covers of the collection to create something unique, kind of like the comic book version of a mix-tape. For example, the Kingpin book I showed above:

I started the collection with the Kingpin mini-series, which focuses on a young Wilson Fisk. I followed that with the Kingpin arc from the Punisher MAX series, where Fisk, then a mob enforcer, convinces the bosses to create a fictional Kingpin to draw out the Punisher. He double crosses the bosses, letting the Punisher decimate their numbers and adopting the role of Kingpin himself.

After that, I have the original two-issue first-appearance from ASM (via Marvel Tales reprints) where a fully-realized Kingpin confronts Spider-Man. Then is the one-issue Severance Package from Tangled Web that gives you a view of the Kingpin’s organization from the inside. Finally, the book ends with Daredevil: Born Again which basically culminates with the fall of the Kingpin.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Never took it out of plastic. (Could be signed by felix the cat for all I know.)
Post 12 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea for a thread! To start off I'll post a HC loosely connected with comic books and proceed from there.

One of the most highly prized serial lovers collectibles is the oversized self-published ltd. ed. HC, Valley of The Cliffhangers, an ode to Republic Pictures chapterplays authored in the mid-70's by lifelong serial fan Jack Mathis...

Post 13 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

I only have a handful because I really don't know where to store them. Maybe when I get that bookcase built...
Post 14 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Another rare two volume hardcover set is this 1980's slipcase edition of S&K's first ten issues of Captain America that was pulled immediately after publication due to several creatively obscene color doodles added to interior panel art that somehow slipped past the editors...

Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post

Post 19 IP   flag post
Possibly the best spidey story line??

1st and 2nd editions

Mr Zeck was kind enough to add a sketch to one a few years back

Post 20 IP   flag post

Post 21 IP   flag post
The Scar Giver Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite hardcover!!! It's signed by the writer, David Morrell. He is normally a novel writer and his best known work is "First Blood". That's right, he is Rambo's father!!! A friend of mine, that I met through the CBCS Collector's Club on Facebook brought it to a book signing that Mr. Morrell was at. He got this and several other Marvel comics that Mr. Morrell wrote, plus a couple novels [including my first edition copy of "First Blood"], signed for me.

I also sent this book to Mitch Breitweiser and he autographed it and did a Cap remark inside. He also surprised me by sending back a watercolor piece he did of Cap.

Post 22 IP   flag post
The Scar Giver Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite That Wolverine HC is sick!!!! I'm totally jealous!!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
I am fond of the signed books - some of these guys either never come to Toronto or charge way too much to get to see them!

When I bought the spidey book Stan was in his 80's and had never been here! Who knew he would come like 3 times before he was 90?

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
My favorite hardcover!!! It's signed by the writer, David Morrell. He is normally a novel writer and his best known work is "First Blood". That's right, he is Rambo's father!!! A friend of mine, that I met through the CBCS Collector's Club on Facebook brought it to a book signing that Mr. Morrell was at. He got this and several other Marvel comics that Mr. Morrell wrote, plus a couple novels [including my first edition copy of "First Blood"], signed for me.

I also sent this book to Mitch Breitweiser and he autographed it and did a Cap remark inside. He also surprised me by sending back a watercolor piece he did of Cap.

Man! I've always enjoyed Morrell's novels. I had absolutely no idea that he wrote comics as well. I will have to find some now.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@dielinfinite That Wolverine HC is sick!!!! I'm totally jealous!!!
Thanks! That one was made as a gift for a cousin of mine who was in the navy at the time and stationed in Japan at the time. He is also a big Wolverine fan.

I’m really happy with how the book came out as well though I am really upset that i wasn’t able to get the Kitty Pryde & Wolverine mini-series in there

It doesn’t really have as much of a narrative as the Kingpin book but it includes the Wolverine mini-series, the Logan mini-series, Back In Japan, 5 Ronin, and the Permament Rage arc from Wolverine Max
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Love the water colour!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post

Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post
603970 64 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?