Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeMovies Television

Gambit Movie To Be A 'Romantic Comedy'7514

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
No bueno if you ask me.
According to Simon Kinberg, the long-in-production Gambit movie is going to be a 'romantic comedy'.

Please no.

At this point, it's hard to believe the project will ever get finished but if it's to be a romantic comedy then I am ok with that.

IGN Article
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
For the record, I want a Gambit movie. He was my favorite character in the animated series.

However, I do not want what they’re selling here. UNLESS Fox works with Marvel as closely as Sony did with Spider-Man: Homecoming. And that’s not gonna happen.

I wish they’d just give the rights back to Marvel. It’s essentially the only way I’ll get excited about an X-Men movie again.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Did disney not get Gambit in the deal?
Post 3 IP   flag post
@JLS_Comics Im ok with any kind of Gambit movie as long as Channing Tatum isnt Gambit. 🤮
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’m sure he’s included. I’m just not sure if Fox is trying to push this through before the deal is finalized (like the Dark Phoenix movie).

I could see them trying to get one more slice of the pie while they can.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I’m fine with a romantic comedy but I’m curious if it’ll feature Rogue (seems logical that it would but who knows), and if they do will Anna Paquin return in the role (she’s said she’s open to playing her again) or will she be recast?

I’m not vehemently against Tatum playing Gambit but Taylor Kitsch as Gambit was one of the few things I liked about the first Wolverine movie so I was sad to hear he was replaced, even if that was five or six “we swear the Gambit movie is coming”s ago
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
The last synopsis I read was they were going to use Belladonna and not Rogue
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Gambit Movie To Be A 'Romantic Comedy'

I think I'm going to puke! The Comic Book Movie genre is already oversaturated enough, and so is the Romantic Comedy genre. Instead of pumping out dozens of crap movies, only put out a few that are interesting, well-made, and with decent actors so that I will want to see the movie (instead of dreading even seeing the preview). Just like Westerns and Disaster movies, this cycle will eventually end.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
The last synopsis I read was they were going to use Belladonna and not Rogue
That makes sense.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Why not have a francophone actor play Gambit?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Can we just all agree that with the a few rare exceptions FOX has never known wtf they were doing with their properties. For every Logan or Deadpool, there was a Last Stand or FF movie. They obviously have so little confidence in Dark Phoenix they have moved it 4(?) times. Same with New Mutants, its crazy, so much of this movie making process in the age of Marvel should just be a layup line. For any property there is an average of 40-50+ years of material, yet, time and again someone wants to reinvent the wheel. Marvel, while taking minor liberties with material, has shown that people will go to a well made deep cut comic movie if it is made well-look at Ragnarok, The Guardians movies, and the upcoming Captain Marvel. I cannot wait for Fox to stop screwing up movies. Does anybody truly want a Gambit movie at this point. They just need to pull the plug on this sh*t.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe Disney has all the special effects businesses slammed with work and there's nobody to work on Dark Phoenix. LOL!
Post 12 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Romantic comedy? I hope they don’t make Channing Ta-yum, I mean, Tatum takes off his clothes again. I had to sit through magic mike with my wife and her mom and my head was down pretty much the whole time.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Romantic comedy? I hope they don’t make Channing Ta-yum, I mean, Tatum takes off his clothes again. I had to sit through magic mike with my wife and her mom and my head was down pretty much the whole time.

I just made myself laugh with the response that I'm not going to say.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
I had to sit through magic mike with my wife and her mom and my head was down pretty much the whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
the response that I'm not going to say.

LOL 🤣
Post 15 IP   flag post
597961 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?