Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Artist Norm Breyfogle passed away at age 58.7500

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
When I started reading Batman in the late 80s he was the artist on Detective. So seeing his art always brought back fond memories of those days. I sold most of my defectives from that time, but could not part with some of my fav Breyfogle issues.

RIP.

Here are some of my first batman comics every purchased...some off the newsstand.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
When I started reading Batman in the late 80s he was the artist on Detective. So seeing his art always brought back fond memories of those days. I sold most of my defectives from that time, but could not part with some of my fav Breyfogle issues.

RIP.

Here are some of my first batman comics every purchased...some off the newsstand.

Those are great - I was heavy into Bat/Detective and Robin at the time - loved the whole Mud-Pack story line and the new robin -just awesome!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Oh..and Knightfall!!! some creepy covers there!! but great!!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Thanks...I forgot he had a run on Batman too...kept some of my favorite stories and covers. Will post those as well.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

Can we not agree that speech is necessary for democracy. Governments/ Moderators ought not to abridge free speech. Censors must show how the speech in question poses a genuine danger if they are to censor it. In the case of hate speech, has any such menace been shown in any of my posts?

Just because we are comic geeks should we not have opinions outside the hobby? Should we not be able to espouse those opinions that fall outside the narrow remit of what you deem acceptable?

I think that the members of this site should be able to discuss wider issues other than comic related issues, are we all not adults? Have you ever been to a comic mart and stood up and said "OK you lot, it has been brought to my attention that some of you are talking about sport or girls and this must cease immediately"?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Redshade That has never been questioned.

Would you go to a table at a wake and start talking politics? Would you get up in front of everyone and decry about the lack of free speech as everyone else is sharing their memories?? If you would act that way, you are not invited to my wake. What you are doing is called thread crapping and it is not appreciated. If you have a subject you wish to discuss, start a new thread. That is all we are asking.

If you continue to post things on this thread that are not related to the topic, I will be forced to enforce a suspension, which would be your fourth, and last, suspension because you will be banned. Either take this to private messages with me, or start a new thread. It is not that hard.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
“Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority; still more when you superadd the tendency of the certainty of corruption by authority.”

“Despotic power is always accompanied by corruption of morality.”

“Authority that does not exist for Liberty is not authority but force.”

“Everybody likes to get as much power as circumstances allow, and nobody will vote for a self-denying ordinance.”
Post 32 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I guess some people don't get it. But you can't say I didn't warn him.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user

Loved his work on Detective Comics.
Post 34 IP   flag post

The last three are 3 of my favorites from Norm.
Post 35 IP   flag post
600902 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?