Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

My books are back!7498

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
The time finally came today. The books I left at the CBCS booth made it back home.

I must say I am pleased with the grades; this was my 2nd submission and in my 1st I got “recalibrated” on my grading when I got back a 7.5 and 8.5 on books I thought were 9+.
After this batch I’m feeling more grading confidence.

Big shout out to CBCS Pressing @SteveRicketts for the work on Maximum Carnage and Spider-Man 2099 2nd print; fantastic work! The 2099 book I surgically removed from an unopened toy packaging because that was the only way I could get a high grade one. Even then it was already full of spine bends; fortunately they hadn’t broken color. The cover on this book is flimsy, not anything like the 1st prints.

Warlock Infinity Watch 1
Thor 500
Venom: Dark Origins 1 & 5
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 78
Maximum Carnage 1
Spider-Man 2099 1 2nd print
Silver Surfer 6

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
That Silver Surfer #6 is awesome!
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
awesome SS6!!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
The time finally came today. The books I left at the CBCS booth made it back home.

I must say I am pleased with the grades; this was my 2nd submission and in my 1st I got “recalibrated” on my grading when I got back a 7.5 and 8.5 on books I thought were 9+.
After this batch I’m feeling more grading confidence.

Big shout out to CBCS Pressing for the work on Maximum Carnage and Spider-Man 2099 2nd print; fantastic work! The 2099 book I surgically removed from an unopened toy packaging because that was the only way I could get a high grade one. Even then it was full of spine bends; fortunately they hadn’t broken color. The cover on this book is flimsy, not anything like the 1st prints.

Warlock Infinity Watch 1
Thor 500
Venom: Dark Origins 1 & 5
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 78
Maximum Carnage 1
Spider-Man 2099 1 2nd print
Silver Surfer 6

When did you drop this batch off?
Post 4 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes submitted at Great Lakes Comic Con 2/24/18, received at CBCS 3/14.
Some were clean/press, so all had to wait for those.

The SS6 was purchased at the same con the year prior for $5. Best find of my life so far. $10 bin half off!
Post 5 IP   flag post

They look good together I think.😎
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS labels look freaking awesome!! I love those blue and yellow labels!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Holy cow, a Silver Surfer #6 at 9.6! Where did you pick up that beauty??? That's just awesome. It's probably my favorite issue of the run... great story.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
@Joosh

Great comics which you are obviously pleased with, and rightly so.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghorn_Sam
Holy cow, a Silver Surfer #6 at 9.6! Where did you pick up that beauty??? That's just awesome. It's probably my favorite issue of the run... great story.

Thanks! Surprisingly enough I got it out of a $10 box at a con, seller had everything half off. It looked really dirty and scuffed, but it turned out it was only the plastic sleeve that was bad looking.

I did read this particular copy cover to cover before submitting for grading, it was an experience I thoroughly enjoyed. The story is a good one.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Nice haul. Love that SS#6 That was a great find.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i'm super jelly of that 2099 2nd printing newsie brah
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
i'm super jelly of that 2099 2nd printing newsie brah

Thanks! It has all the hallmarks of a Newsstand edition, but it was only ever available packaged with the Spider-Man 2099 ToyBiz action figure.
I compared it with my 1st print newsie and you can see that Marvel simply took the 1st print newsstand edition and reprinted it on cheap cover stock without foil; the barcode is identical.
Nothing earth shattering but I find it interesting.
EDIT: Just want to point out CGC has no 9.8’s of Spider-Man 2099 1 2nd print in their census.

Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The story makes it cooler because someone like me does not open his toys unless I buy 2 of them. One to open, one to keep.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
The story makes it cooler because someone like me does not open his toys unless I buy 2 of them. One to open, one to keep.
Well close...I get two to keep and then a third to open if I can.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I don't normally buy toys but I'm seriously considering it just to get that 2nd print - looks real nice!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool. Congratulations! There are zero 9.8 copies of that Spidey 2099 2nd Print on the CGC census, by the way. (Edit: I missed the fact you mention that in another post)

I have 3 copies that I had them press. Hoping MAYBE one will get a 9.8.
Post 17 IP   flag post
597965 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?