Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Congratulations DC, you played yourself(Grumpy, sort of old man, post)7467

Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Prices are still going crazy.I was able to get 1a and 1b of to NYCC to get ss & graded from a freind.1a ss from Bermejo and Azzarello and 1b ss from the two plus Lee.This will be nice and i still keep my 3 other covers at home and much,much cheaper than the ones on ebay.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
Prices are still going crazy.I was able to get 1a and 1b of to NYCC to get ss & graded from a freind.1a ss from Bermejo and Azzarello and 1b ss from the two plus Lee.This will be nice and i still keep my 3 other covers at home and much,much cheaper than the ones on ebay.

That's a great idea. I should look around for a facilitator (which I've never done).
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
DC did NOTHING wrong here. Not a damn thing. If anything, DC did really well with this release in every phase.

It is the comic book COLLECTORS that are the idiots here. Yeah. Us.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with this one. They're still a**holes for the "Batman Wedding" crap, but this one? I disagree with the OP, the art is so subtle and obscure, I don't think they realized the headlines that would occur. I think they were as surprised as anyone who read it before all the news stories came out.

Of course, that's just a guess, based on only one data point. (The LCS owner, who got a proof copy a month or two ago.)


I agree with all the above. DC did everything correct on this. As has been discussed in these forums, the customer is always right. So DC povided a mature book because they felt there was a demand, there was some backlash from other potential customers and they agreed to provide a book sans Wang. It's the customers who are going bat-sh!t crazy and driving up the price. DC has just been reacting to the customer response.

And as KaptainMyke pointed out there are like 10 threads about the book right now. I have yet to see a single thread about the return of Wolverine. So going with there is no such thing as bad publicity, I would say DC is on top of the game right now.

As for the actual nudity, I quickly read the book and had to go back and find the panels with the Wang because I missed it the first time through. It was that subtle.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974


As for the actual nudity, I quickly read the book and had to go back and find the panels with the Wang because I missed it the first time through. It was that subtle.


Well that will be a hit to Bat's ego
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974


As for the actual nudity, I quickly read the book and had to go back and find the panels with the Wang because I missed it the first time through. It was that subtle.


Well that will be a hit to Bat's ego



To be fair, it was probably cold in the batcave.
Post 30 IP   flag post


Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
The reason everyone made it such a big deal is because they see comics as a thing for kids even though the comic was marketed as one to target the adult readers which is why I bought it and I bout both variants spent a total of 9 dollars an now they even delayed the rest of the 3 part series just because we can’t be adults about something that isn’t that big of a deal
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974


As for the actual nudity, I quickly read the book and had to go back and find the panels with the Wang because I missed it the first time through. It was that subtle.


Well that will be a hit to Bat's ego



To be fair, it was probably cold in the batcave.


"I was in the cave! I WAS IN THE CAVE!!"
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsykrets
The reason everyone made it such a big deal is because they see comics as a thing for kids even though the comic was marketed as one to target the adult readers which is why I bought it and I bout both variants spent a total of 9 dollars an now they even delayed the rest of the 3 part series just because we can’t be adults about something that isn’t that big of a deal


I've made one post on the topic. I do not see comics as a "thing for kids". I see an industry with dismal sales across the board. I see an industry with exorbitant prices across board. I see an industry that NEEDS to appeal to all ages and boost sales. Healthy sales would allow stores to prosper, back issue sales to flourish, and prices to come down.
DC is welcome to switch over to porn comics if they like. I'm not particularly a Batman fan.

My point in bringing up that comics should be suitable for kids is that they are alienating a segment of their potential customer base. I'm not even an advocate of segregating the product and making a kid's line of comics either. Making a kid's line does not boost the sales on a title because you are still alienating adults. The titles made specifically for kids are "dumbed down".

I think it's possible to write comics for adults that are also suitable for kids.

I'm definitely not someone making a big deal. There is no strong emotion for me and if anything I have complete apathy towards anything they do with him.

I'm not buying anything with him in it and I have no intention of ever buying another Batman comic.
Post 34 IP   flag post
340892 34 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?