Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Off topic; fishing. Show your catch7457

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Last night tried a small pond I had never fished before. Caught one on a frog lure and one on a jitterbug. This is the fish that inhaled my frog.

Post 176 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
It was cloudy and fairly calm this morning. Caught 7 bass on whacky-rigged rubber worms.

Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Bad fishing day was bad. Caught one at Todd Lake. Landed it, went to unhook to weigh and picture. Before I could it throws hook and fell back in lake.

Then we go to somewhere else; walking down steep shale path, shale gives and I fall right on my ass. Left ass cheek now bruised. Also broke tip of $200 rod while falling.

Then lost a lure. Person I was fishing with got a huge bird nest on his baitcaster and it became nothing more than a stick. We called it a day then.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Bad fishing day was bad. Caught one at Todd Lake. Landed it, went to unhook to weigh and picture. Before I could it throws hook and fell back in lake.

Then we go to somewhere else; walking down steep shale path, shale gives and I fall right on my ass. Left ass cheek now bruised. Also broke tip of $200 rod while falling.

Then lost a lure. Person I was fishing with got a huge bird nest on his baitcaster and it became nothing more than a stick. We called it a day then.

But the question is, was it still better than your best day at work????
Post 179 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O of course! But my butt still hurts lol.

On another note, does anyone use the app called Fishbrain? Buddy of mine recently turned me onto it. It’s awesome. You can log your catches and make locations known to other fisherman if you’re feeling generous. Or if you have a certain honey hole that you just want to show off your catch, you can make the location private. I suggest checking it out for any fisherman.
Post 180 IP   flag post

@Frontier2Xterra - Like you said earlier, some days the fishing gods smile on you. And sometimes they s#i$ on you.
Post 181 IP   flag post
@esaravo Absolutely. Today was a good one. Caught this big guy experimenting with a new “hybrid” lure. See below. You swim it to the bottom then jig/swim it like a wounded baitfish. I’ve been having a lot of luck with it.

Post 182 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra - Never saw that lure before! When I was evening fishing last week, I was using a Lew’s rod similar to yours to cast a 5/8 ounce jointed Jitterbug. Somehow the narrow handle part beyond the reel seat broke. It’s still usable (I used a wooden dowel and some electrical tape to reattach the handle to the rod), but now I know what to buy myself at Bass Pro Shops during their Spring Fishing Sale next February or March.
Post 183 IP   flag post
@esaravo that is bizarre and sucks! I love that rod and reel set up. Has served me really well. If interested in that lure, check out link below. As mentioned, I’ve had luck with that dark one and white shad. But please note, don’t reel fast like a traditional crank. Slow reel for full skirt motion or swim to bottom and slow jig for the skirt to pop.

https://logixbaits.store/collections/lures/products/hybryd
Post 184 IP   flag post
Went fishing on lunch break. 2 casts. 2 catches. First one was a nice fighting smaller sized bass. Second ending up being a very very long dance in water and on land with an extremely angry dance partner. Had to call one of my employees to come meet me to hold my walking stick beside his neck to keep him from taking my fingers off while unhooking him. He was unhooked and off on his angry, merry way.

Post 185 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra good man. I'm glad you were able too remove it from his mouth.
Post 186 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth thanks dude. The mouth was actually the easier of the 2. He was just barely hooked there and I was able to quickly get that with my gerber. But his leg was hooked too when he tried getting out of his mouth. That one was the hard one. Kept trying to eat me. Lol
Post 187 IP   flag post
From Wallum Lake this morning.

Post 188 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
It's been almost two weeks and I'd hate to see this thread get buried. Anybody have any luck lately?
Post 189 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe I'll go fishing tomorrow and try to catch something, haven't been in over a year.
Post 190 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders I haven't been in over... forever... and I love fishing 😔
I just don't have the time...
Post 191 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Last went in the spring...maybe this weekend?
Post 192 IP   flag post

lizard fish this morning from the shore of Avon, NC.
Post 193 IP   flag post
Last weekend on the Blackstone River.

Post 194 IP   flag post
A nice 4-pounder I caught this morning on Quidnick Reservoir.

Post 195 IP   flag post
There’s a fresh water “lake” by cape hatteras lighthouse. Got me an outer banks largemouth after 3 casts.

Post 196 IP   flag post
Went fishing this morning with my buddy Al on his birthday. We've been fishing together since high school. It was in the mid-30's this morning and about 40 degrees when we started. We fished a small mill pond in Cranston that usually has a good jig bite. Well we didn't get any fish on jigs, but spinnerbaits and a KVD square bill saved the day.

My last fish of the day.

Al holding up a two nice bass we caught at the same time.

Post 197 IP   flag post

Post 198 IP   flag post
Went to the river today for some Brookies and brownies. Caught quite an assortment with the rooster tails. Rock bass, fallfish, some very greedy small mouth, and only one brown. I thought that tiny small mouth wasn’t going to end well. Treble hook and all three hooks were in him but was able to get all out without further damage and released.

Post 199 IP   flag post
Another decent brown and small mouth.

Post 200 IP   flag post
Collector RTSUnlimited private msg quote post Address this user

Fly Fishing in Alaska from a couple years ago.
Post 201 IP   flag post
Today was a very good day.

Post 202 IP   flag post

Post 203 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I should check...Rainbows should be running!!!
Post 204 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
im not a fisherman myself and offer I know nothing of the hobby itself except what little fishing I did with my father here and there mostly for channel cats and drum and the like but I did want to ask...and no offense, im just learning here is all....

Do you keep the ones you catch or is this just catching for fun and releasing? is there a size where you say okay that ones going home or under that its released?
Do you target like only bass or is the process more opportunistic and you take what nature throws your way pretty much?
I guess it makes me wonder if you are catching bass, how likely is it you will find catfish or channel in the same spot?
has any of you ever wrestled with a six foot long river gar on a rainy muddy riverbank, at midnight in the pitch dark while it was pouring rain...that's my only unique fishing story I guess..thought I had caught myself a monster and once I saw it, I knew I was correct, those things are scary and lethal
Post 205 IP   flag post
598086 437 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?